[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Wire - Best scene

cliaz

Being a Baltimore guy it was only natural for me to jock a series based in the city. I've been catching the reruns on the 101 and I've been pulled back in all over again. I've said it before and I will continue to say it again, "The Wire is the best damn series ever made." The characters were so deep and real and the story lines true to what the city is like. The guy who ran for major of Baltimore and won is based on the Governor O'Mally and a lot of the extras on the series were real criminals and police officers. There were many instances where a guy who was arrested and sent to jail/prison would be in a scene with the arresting officers. Clay Davis is based in part on PG County Executive Jack Johnson who was recently busted by the FBI.

Here is one of my favorite

Being a Baltimore guy it was only natural for me to jock a series based in the city. I've been catching the reruns on the 101 and I've been pulled back in all over again. I've said it before and I will continue to say it again, "The Wire is the best damn series ever made." The characters were so deep and real and the story lines true to what the city is like. The guy who ran for major of Baltimore and won is based on the Governor O'Mally and a lot of the extras on the series were real criminals and police officers. There were many instances where a guy who was arrested and sent to jail/prison would be in a scene with the arresting officers. Clay Davis is based in part on PG County Executive Jack Johnson who was recently busted by the FBI.

Here is one of my favorite

I've been watching the DVDs over the past few months and I agree it's one of the best shows ever made. I'm on season 5 and taking my time because I don't want it to end. It's like watching one really long, really good movie.

I couldn't find it on YouTube but one scene that comes to mind is in season 4 when Bubbles

turns himself in for killing Sherrod. His overwhelming guilt, the cops not understanding why he's there at first, then taking pity on him.

Andre Royo is one of many outstanding actors on the show and that is possibly one of his best scenes, along with the one where

he discovers Sherrod's body and realizes he killed him.

Also any scene where Clay Davis says sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit. :wacko:

Season 3 or 4, can't remember which. The episode starts with Omar getting up and finding out he is out of cereal. So he goes to the store picks up a box, stops to light a smoke and someone in the building he's leaning on gets scared and tosses a bag o drugs out the window and it lands at his feet.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, finally a thread about The Wire! I've written about and deleted about five different scenes so far. I just can't pick one. I don't think the writing was quite up to the level of the earlier Sopranos stuff, but easily some of the best work HBO has ever done. It has been a few years now, probably time to dust off the DVDs.