[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aaron Rodgers

JUMbotron

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zach Kruse at Packerschatters.com

http://packerchatters.com/?p=21415

However, his availability will be in serious question for next week, and for good reason.

His second concussion in less than two months is a very worrisome sign for the Packers’ franchise quarterback, and if I had to guess, I’d say that he won’t be playing on Sunday.

The human brain is nothing to play games with, and I am in 100 percent agreement with the NFL’s new concussion testing. He passed his first round of concussion tests after the Redskins game, but something tells me that this week won’t go as easily for Rodgers.

If I had to place a bet on it right now, I doubt he's going to play. I hope he feels better.

I own Greg Jennings on two playoff teams. One is a big money team, and yes, I'm nervous. :wacko::tup::tup: about Jennings. I watched the Packers/Lions game. Matt Flynn wasn't terrible and he just missed Jennings on what would have been two touchdown passes. But Flynn facing a Bill Belichick defense in Foxboro is scary.

My backups on that team are Stevie Johnson, Mike Thomas and Louis Murphy. Johnson and Thomas have been ice cold lately. We have to start 3wrs each week, no flex, so the wrs have been picked over on the waiver wire.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Good thing is we will know by Friday whether he plays or not. When it is a concussion we always know during the week. He either passes the tests or not. So this won't be a 6:30 on Sunday we hear the decision kind of deal. We will know during the week IMO.

Mind says he plays because this is a HUGE game for GB. BUT with the new rules on concussions that a separate 3rd party has to make a ruling AND with this being his 2nd concussion in 8-10 weeks, he may actually miss.

Weird for me because I have Jennings BUT am playing the team who has Rodgers in the playoffs this week.

I just hope he does the smart thing and doesn't risk it with a head injury.

I'm following this news for the same reason. I'm playing agianst Rogers and the QB's have been picked clean off the WW. If Rogers doesn't start my opponent would have to pick up Jason Campbell or Chad Henne. (I;m not even sure if either of those 2 r starting lol) or some equally as bad QB

I'm following this news for the same reason. I'm playing agianst Rogers and the QB's have been picked clean off the WW. If Rogers doesn't start my opponent would have to pick up Jason Campbell or Chad Henne. (I;m not even sure if either of those 2 r starting lol) or some equally as bad QB

You're following this closely? I'm in a 2 QB league where my first 2 picks were Aaron Rodgers and Tony Romo.... I picked up Kitna and somehow still ended up with the 1st playoff seed/first round bye. With Rodgers out do you know who the next best thing on the waivers is? Kerry Collins.

GG.

My guess is he is making that call for the same reason we would all make that call. HUGE must win game for GB. Hard to see him sitting. BUT it won't be his call or the coaches call either.

With the way we are so closely watching concussions these days I just think it would be difficult for him to play considering it was his 2nd concussion in 8 weeks or so. Just seems SO unlikely to me these days. BUT I'm sure Rodgers and the staff want him to play no doubt.

Thing is, the concussion didn't look that serious. There has be different stages of concussions, no? Austin Collie was KO'ed for minutes. Rodgers bounced back up after about ten seonds and kept playing. I'm guessing he plays because of this.

+1

I also see a big game from him and Brady this week....lots of scoring with the threat of a defensive game here given the likely weather conditions in any game this time of year at Foxboro...

I agree it "didn't look that bad". BUT he said he was groggy and had a headache afterwards. AND most importantly it is his 2nd concussion in 8 weeks or so. If you think that isn't a factor you are kidding yourself.

BUT while all this discussion is good message board back and forth, it is pointless in this case especially. To me it is pretty black and white from what I understand. The 3rd party doctors clear him he has a shot. If they don't he doesn't play...period. Doesn't matter what he and the team says.

We will know by Thursday/Friday the absolute latest.

well he did pass the 1st test and people with a concussion usually don't pass 1st test, i think he will play. Plus Patriiots

are not a big pass rush team

I love stuff like this. You wouldn't happen to be a Rodgers owner who badly wants him to play would you...LOL.

You have no clue. I have no clue. The doctor's will do their thing and we'll go from there.

Again, ALL you people just assuming he'll must be because you can't see him missing this huge game. Otherwise I'm just not sure what you could be basing your he will play thoughts on. But sadly neither Rodgers nor the team will have a say. The 3rd party will make the call. Play or not.

Edited by giantsfan

I just don't get how people can say he'll play or he won't play. BASED ON WHAT? He passed the 1st test...plus. This his now his 2nd concussion...negative.

I am NOT saying he'll play or won't play...I have NO clue. I am simply saying that to speculate he will play is comical. BASED ON WHAT? If it was a sore knee I'd say yes he plays hands down. It isn't. This is not his call.

well he did pass the 1st test and people with a concussion usually don't pass 1st test, i think he will play. Plus Patriiots

What does this mean? That he'll play because he doesn't think the Pats D will get to him but if they played against the Giants he would sit? He didn't get a concussion from the pass rush anyway, he ran.

the problem is not the concussion from 8 weeks ago...he had completely recovered from that one, what the nfl is more worried about is these paired up concussions like austin collies (who never fully recovered)....so what i think the main concern is how he is from this one..if its a minor concussion and he recovers from it, i see him playing, but if he still has symptoms i cant see how he would be able to play

I hope he plays.....does the TiTle Belt deal and gets his head drove into the turf. 297 and counting AR Nuthuggers.

Seriously though pass the tests and then make a call...life after football and the quality of it should be first on everyone's mind.

I just don't get how people can say he'll play or he won't play. BASED ON WHAT? He passed the 1st test...plus. This his now his 2nd concussion...negative.

I am NOT saying he'll play or won't play...I have NO clue. I am simply saying that to speculate he will play is comical. BASED ON WHAT? If it was a sore knee I'd say yes he plays hands down. It isn't. This is not his call.

This is a FF forum. Everything here is speculation.

:wacko: My god man it's not a math test just because he passed the first one means nothing in this matter. Yet another genius analogy from Munson!!

Concussion effects are cumulative. That is, it becomes progressively easier to get concussions after the first one, and so on so forth.

Also it can take longer to bounce back after each concussion.

Smart money is on him sitting out. The long term is better than throwing him to the wolves at the Patriots next week, even though it is a crucial game to even try and get a wild card spot . . .

Steve Young is a prime example of numerous concussions.

Troy Aikman as well.

As a Packer fan, I would rather see Rodgers sit out (and watch our playoff chances go out the window) than see him play and risk another concussion so soon. He's had three this calendar year...he needs to be careful on this one.

Aside from needing better protection up front, Rodgers also has to control himself and slide more! Some of those hits are preventable...