[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aaron Rodgers

JUMbotron

Concussion effects are cumulative. That is, it becomes progressively easier to get concussions after the first one, and so on so forth.

Also it can take longer to bounce back after each concussion.

Smart money is on him sitting out. The long term is better than throwing him to the wolves at the Patriots next week, even though it is a crucial game to even try and get a wild card spot . . .

This.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron Rodgers did not practice Wednesday.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/packers.html

Will he attend meetings? He did not participate in any meetings. There are several restrictions and guidelines that the medical process recommends, and we definitely adhere to those recommendations. Really, Dr. John Gray is the point person on those decisions.

:wacko: I'm gonna have to start Donovan McNabb

Does anyone think Flynn will be better with a weeks worth of first team reps? He did go into the Lions game relatively unprepared. Otherwise Jennings will have to sit as well.

Does anyone think Flynn will be better with a weeks worth of first team reps? He did go into the Lions game relatively unprepared. Otherwise Jennings will have to sit as well.

I didnt think Flynn was that bad really. He missed some throws but I thought he looked confident and capable of running the offense. Flynn was awesome for LSU in the BCS Championship game against OSU. Guy isnt chopped liver. Not saying he is a fantasy start, but I am not going to bench Jennings. Most fantasy writers are treating Flynn like he is John Skelton or Joe Webb. Sorry, that is simply misinformed.

Perhaps a bigger problem for the Packers is that its two best pass rushers are not playing. Brady is going to destroy them and the defense is going to be on the field for a long game. Belichick is going to make Flynn win the game for them and that is likely a bit too much for him and he probably will make mistakes.

But I am not benching Jennings. Flynn is likely going to lock on him and the Pats secondary is beatable. I would argue Jennings is the only player worth starting for the Packers, but again not necessarily because of Flynn himself. I hope I am wrong. I am a Jets fan and this was one of those games on the schedule that you hoped the Pats would lose. Seems highly unlikely.

But Flynn is a talented kid. Wouldnt be surprised to see a Colt McCoy like performance out there this weekend - to the extent the game doesnt get out of hand.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/111973654.html

Coach Mike McCarthy said Rodgers would not practice Thursday and that there was a "slim to none" chance he'd practice Friday.

Rodgers, who has started 45 consecutive games, won't even be allowed to attend meetings or participate in film study until cleared by doctors. A decision on his status won't be made until Saturday, but the odds of him playing don't appear to be good.

:wacko:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/111973654.html

Coach Mike McCarthy said Rodgers would not practice Thursday and that there was a "slim to none" chance he'd practice Friday.

Rodgers, who has started 45 consecutive games, won't even be allowed to attend meetings or participate in film study until cleared by doctors. A decision on his status won't be made until Saturday, but the odds of him playing don't appear to be good.

:wacko:

Bummer 252 shy of the last GB QB...Meant to be sarcastic.

better to be safe with him over the long haul.

Edited by Ed Hoyle

:tup: i dont understand why if he passes all the test they would not start him... he is going to get hit again at some point and its for the playoffs! do any of you think he will pay week 16?

Because another concussion could be the end of a very early career. :wacko: Recurring concussions can end a career faster than just about anything ask Aikman and Young. And the man's health in the future is bigger than any game!!

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

Because another concussion could be the end of a very early career. :wacko: Recurring concussions can end a career faster than just about anything ask Aikman and Young. And the man's health in the future is bigger than any game!!

Well said. A lot of people forget these guys' lives are at stake with head injuries of any kind.

A sliver of hope?

Via CBS:

"The door is open for Aaron Rodgers to play in the game," McCarthy said. McCarthy said the Pro Bowl player is progressing in his recovery from the head injury that knocked him out of the loss at Detroit last Sunday. "He's working his way through the process," McCarthy said. "There are stages that you work through. But he's making progress, and I talked to him today. He looks good (and) would like to play." Although McCarthy said the team has been preparing since Monday to have Matt Flynn make his first NFL start, the coach stopped short of naming a starter for the game against the Patriots.

I also think there is some hope that he will play.

http://www.nesn.com/2010/12/aaron-rodgers-...t-patriots.html

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Aaron Rodgers was noticeably alert and upbeat as he walked across the locker room after the Green Bay Packers' practice Friday. Asked if he might play at New England on Sunday night, the quarterback didn't say a word but flashed a smile and shrugged his shoulders.

The Packers listed Rodgers as doubtful to play against the Patriots a week after he suffered his second concussion of the season.

Coach Mike McCarthy isn't ruling him out, however. "The door is open for Aaron Rodgers to play in the game," McCarthy said.

Rodgers didn't practice this week, but McCarthy said the Pro Bowl player is progressing in his recovery from the head injury that knocked him out of the loss at Detroit last Sunday.

"He's working his way through the process," McCarthy said. "There are stages that you work through. But he's making progress, and I talked to him today. He looks good (and) would like to play."

Although McCarthy said the team has been preparing since Monday to have Matt Flynn make his first NFL start, the coach stopped short of naming a starter for the game against the Patriots. McCarthy is hoping to make that decision by Saturday, after he waits to see how Rodgers checks out with further mandatory post-concussion evaluations and testing administered by Packers team doctor John Gray as well as an independent neurologist.

Rodgers' prospects for extending his starting streak to 47 games (including the playoffs) -- he hasn't missed a game since replacing Brett Favre as the starter at the beginning of the 2008 season -- hinge on two things, McCarthy said.

"Number one, he has to be cleared medically, and Dr. John Gray will have the final say on that," McCarthy said. "And if he does make it to that point, then myself will make a decision on whether he plays or not. Right now, he's still working through the medical part."

Rodgers suffered his first concussion in an overtime loss at Washington on Oct. 10. He was cleared to return to practice four days later and made the start in Green Bay's next game.

After having one of their top players afflicted by multiple concussions in a short time frame, McCarthy said the Packers changed out Rodgers' helmet this week to one that provides better protection for his head.

"He'll be wearing a new helmet from this time moving forward," McCarthy said.

Rodgers' condition seemed to take a turn for the better Friday.

McCarthy said Rodgers sat in on the start of meetings before practice after the quarterback wasn't involved in meetings and film review the previous two days.

Also, McCarthy revealed Rodgers attended three-quarters of the practice after reporters had left the team's indoor practice facility.

"I got to talk with him a little bit," linebacker Clay Matthews said. "I didn't just come out and say, 'Hey, are you playing this weekend?' I just asked him how he felt (and he said) he's getting better, he feels good."

Receiver Donald Driver, who admitted earlier this week that he urged Rodgers to not go back into the last game after he suffered the concussion late in the first half, said he is in favor of Rodgers playing Sunday if he's cleared to do so.

"It's basically up to him and the doctors," Driver said. "Would I love him to play? Yeah. But if he can't, then we can roll with Matt Flynn. I think that's how you have to look at it."

Flynn didn't make himself available to reporters after Friday's practice.

Teammates voiced their support of Flynn throughout the week if he is called upon to make his first start since leading LSU as a senior to victory over Ohio State in the BCS national championship Jan. 7, 2008.

"I think we had fun (this week)," Driver said. "It didn't slow anything down. Everything was kept the same. The pace was like going with Aaron. You'd think you would have to nix some things and work some things out, but no. It was just like we don't miss a beat."

Edited by Wolverines Fan