[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The more you watch

bushwacked

In eight of the nine questions below, Fox News placed first in the percentage of those who were misinformed (they placed second in the question on TARP). That's a pretty high batting average for journalistic fraud. Here is a list of what Fox News viewers believe that just aint so:

* 91% believe that the stimulus legislation lost jobs.

* 72% believe that the health reform law will increase the deficit.

* 72% believe that the economy is getting worse.

* 60% believe that climate change is not occurring.

* 49% believe that income taxes have gone up.

* 63% believe that the stimulus legislation did not include any tax cuts.

* 56% believe that Obama initiated the GM/Chrysler bailout.

* 38% believe that most Republicans opposed TARP.

* 63% believe that Obama was not born in the US (or that it is unclear).

This shouldn't suprise anybody.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The poll was conducted by Univ of Maryland. Are you two really that oblivious to the fact that dumb people tend to watch Fox News? :tup:
World Public Opinion, a project managed by the Program on International Policy Attitudes

Site Category: "Education;Political/Activist Groups;Reference"

Blocked web page: http://www.pipa.org/

The Program on International Policy Attitudes (PIPA) is an institution devoted to research on the public opinion of international politics. It is jointly run by the Center on Policy Attitudes and the Center for International and Security Studies at Maryland at the School of Public Affairs, University of Maryland, College Park.

PIPA has investigated topics such as the public perceptions of United States international politics and of international organisations (NATO, the United Nations, and the International Monetary Fund). It maintains the Americans and the World website, described as a "source of comprehensive information on US public opinion on international issues".

In January 2006, PIPA launched WorldPublicOpinion.org a comprehensive website devoted to public opinion on international policy and affairs, stating that while "Others report what the world does, we report what the world thinks."

Sponsors include the Rockefeller Foundation, Tides Foundation and the Ford Foundation[1]

:wacko:

From your link;

Our democracy cannot function if voters are making choices based on lies.

This pegged the irony meter don't you think?

The poll was conducted by Univ of Maryland.

:wacko: The University of Maryland makes your hippie lands of Washington and Oregon look like a Sarah Palin retreat. You should visit DC. It's a bunch of hopeless people running around thanking the Government for taking care of their every need.

:wacko:

a bunch of politically loaded (to put it mildly) questions, the "correct" answers to many of which are debateable, clearly designed to produce a desired outcome. how very truthy and sciency. :tup:

Yep, gotta side with this.

Mind you, there are no shortage brilliantly uninformed gems coming from the demographic that this poll aims to demonize. However, like so many other studies, it marginalizes the findings by going too far agenda-wise.

You are a ridiculous liberal caricature. Not to be outdone by evil_gop_liars; your little lap dog. Not sure which one of you is more of a joke. :wacko:

This isn't about me, it's about the results of a poll. I know you'd rather make it about me. Who doesn't wanna talk about me?

Didn't know there were so many Fox viewers in here. Must suck for you guys to digest these numbers. :tup:

News ran wild Monday that Heathrow Elementary in Seminole County had banned red and green during December because the colors are associated with Christmas.

The TV “Fox & Friends” program cited the story as another sign of politically correct overkill.

Trouble is, the report was in error, Seminole County school district officials said.

This isn't about me, it's about the results of a poll. I know you'd rather make it about me. Who doesn't wanna talk about me?

Didn't know there were so many Fox viewers in here. Must suck for you guys to digest these numbers. :wacko:

Do you really deny that this poll may be just slightly effed up? Like Azz said, some of the points are debatable anyway. Dog only knows how they were phrased.

Is the economy better? I think there's certainly plenty to point to on both sides of that issue. So, there's one right there. Are we supposed to believe that anyone who thinks the economy is getting worse is an idiot? Seriously? Because I think you don't have to hate Obama to feel that way.

Listen, you're not going to find anyone here who thinks less of Fox news than I do, trust me. But if you think that anyone who's not 100% over the top on board with you already isn't going to take one look at that website and start laughing (at you, btw, not with how lame Fox is), you've got another thing coming.