[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The more you watch

bushwacked

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading this thread it made me ponder and do some thinking. I now think it may be in my best interest to change my ways and become a liberal. I mean as a conservative I did not realize that the following are all absolutes and every conservative is 100% this way...

As a conservative you MUST watch Fox News and not have the ability to think on your own.

As a conservative you 100% use tactics of fear mongering or believe the tactics of fear mongering

As a liberal all of your views are always the correct views and anyone who disagrees is wrong

As a conservative you are racist and hate poor people no matter what

Well now you're changing the argument from an obviously biased and agenda-driven poll to a particular instance of someone caught lying. Then trying to lump it all together and say defend it. I'm not going to defend someone caught lying. Are you going to defend the joke of a poll that was published here?

I'm going to join the dots. On the one hand we have a poll that could certainly have been put together a lot better but, when the same questions were delivered to non-Fox viewers, demonstrated a very significant disparity. On the other hand we have solid video evidence that Fox lies to it's viewers. It is reasonable to assume, therefore, that viewers of Fox are lied to and believe said lies, hence the differing poll results.

But it's an hour long and they spend 10-20 minutes on each news story. I need snippets. :wacko:

People not only need snippets, they need snippets that reinforce their existing views. This is because so many are intellectually barren and too bone idle to do any kind of critical thinking.

I'm going to join the dots. On the one hand we have a poll that could certainly have been put together a lot better but, when the same questions were delivered to non-Fox viewers, demonstrated a very significant disparity. On the other hand we have solid video evidence that Fox lies to it's viewers. It is reasonable to assume, therefore, that viewers of Fox are lied to and believe said lies, hence the differing poll results.

OK - let's use your same logic....

Obama promised Hope and Change - we have good evidence that he has provided little hope and not much has changed - it is now reasonable to assume that liberals believed his lies and should no longer listen to anything Obama says. :wacko:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amusing_Ourselves_to_Death

Written over 25 years ago. Watch one source - any one source - and you become less informed.

Very very true.

I do enjoy watching conservatives froth at the mouth when the holy information source of Fox News is challenged. :wacko:

Notice that when MSNBC is brought up as a "counter", no one defends MSNBC with the same fanatical devotion that people reserve for Fox News.

After reading this thread it made me ponder and do some thinking. I now think it may be in my best interest to change my ways and become a liberal. I mean as a conservative I did not realize that the following are all absolutes and every conservative is 100% this way...

As a conservative you MUST watch Fox News and not have the ability to think on your own.

As a conservative you 100% use tactics of fear mongering or believe the tactics of fear mongering

As a liberal all of your views are always the correct views and anyone who disagrees is wrong

As a conservative you are racist and hate poor people no matter what

Dude, the only way reading this thread could lead you to those conclusions is if you are the poor victim you are often accused of being.

Sorry, but this has basically been an attack on Fox news and those who take it hook line and sinker. If that's not you. If you are simply a conservative who doesn't just walk around regurgitating all the crap that sham of a News network feeds, carry on.

I am very much on record as thinking the poll linked by the OP is a lame freaking poll that was doomed from the outset by it's obvious agenda. And, frankly, that's a shame, because I'm rather certain that devoted Fox viewers would not have fared much better had the poll been more fairly administered.

None the less, the thread then morphed into a lovely collage of blatant in indefensible crap that Fox has and continues to spew.

If there's anything indictable, it's the fact that those who defend Fox defend it on the grounds that "it's the only voice of the right and that it's no worse than MSNBC". And then they proceed to lump every news org that doesn't saddle up with the GOP as basically the same thing as MSNBC.

And there's the disconnect. Fox sucks balls. So do the smarmy cuffs at MSNBC. Great, now those cancel each other out. Also, I'll give you that nobody would confuse the NYT or CNN or any of the other groups lumped with MSNBC as being conservative, but they are certainly legit. So, where's the right-leaning news source that doesn't commit repeated, well documented, and blatant lies? Not, here's the story as read by someone who obviously leans a certain way but, here's something that doesn't in any way, shape, or form, resemble what actually happened but this story sounds better for the GOP.

Aren't there enough conservative journalists that aren't completely full of chight to put together even one significant news org that portrays legitimate news from a conservative vantage point?

I don't know what is more pathetic, the 76% nation of Christians who cry oppression from the 15% of us who don't believe or the conservatives who, in one breath claim they're the loud majority who is taking back the nation and in the other cry about how FOX is the only news source who cares about them. Trust me, news is money. If there are enough of you free-thinking conservatives who don't want to be spoon-fed absolute rubbish, I'm sure someone will come along and treat you like adults.

Aren't there enough conservative journalists that aren't completely full of chight to put together even one significant news org that portrays legitimate news from a conservative vantage point?

I don't know what is more pathetic, the 76% nation of Christians who cry oppression from the 15% of us who don't believe or the conservatives who, in one breath claim they're the loud majority who is taking back the nation and in the other cry about how FOX is the only news source who cares about them. Trust me, news is money. If there are enough of you free-thinking conservatives who don't want to be spoon-fed absolute rubbish, I'm sure someone will come along and treat you like adults.

I don't know if that will ever happen. Our country is viewed as fat, gullible, and lazy. Where's the money to be made on a small percentage of society with a news network that has to actually play by journalism's standards?