[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anybody wanna get a McRib tatoo?

tazinib1

set for life? not quite

it's only $50,000 per year for 20 years (and that is before taxes).

yes, I'd like to win it, but it sure as hell is not a fortune.

If my wife and I won $50K a year before taxes for 20 years, we'd be set for life.

The only thing we're worried about is whether we'll have enough when when we're ready to retire. So, since we can support ourselves (and put something, but less than we'd like, aside each year), this would all be extra. We could just push each and every penny into our retirement.

That also means an immediate increase in quality of life because we could spend some (or all) of what we've been putting aside because that would be taken care of.

set for life? not quite

not to mention the present value of that which without doing the math is probably knocks at least a few hundred grand off the total.

set for life? not quite

And by listening to him...he doesn't strike me as a wise investor. He'll probably live off the $35,000 and have really nothing to show for it in 20 years. Hope I'm wrong.

I think the taxes on a lottery win like that are probgably between 30% and 35% depending upon which state you're in. So, let's call it about $30,000 per year after taxes for 20 years. Probably not enough to quit your job, but definitely would majorly transform most peoples lives.

was this thread edited or was a I hallucinating?