[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AFC / NFC Championship trophies

CaptainHook

I got my playoff tickets in the mail. The AFC Championship game ticket has a new trophy on it. It actually looks pretty cool. Not as big and bulky as the former trophy. Did they leave the name the Lamar Hunt Trophy? Is the NFC Championship trophy different as well?

Edited by CaptainHook

Man, those look real stupid. Good job NFL, way to take the personality out of EVERYTHING!

I saw those changes last year, i mean the announcement of them. I'm a HUGH nerd when it comes to uniform design, Uniwatch ran a story on it last spring

I HATE it, totally homogenized and it has no character at all, where the old ones reflected back to the two different leagues.

I think they also removed the names from the trophies, too.

edit: i just looked it up on Wiki, and it seems the names are still Hunt and Halas

AFC

NFC

Edited by The Vatican Hitsquad

Yeah, that sucks. Why do the conference champ trophies need to be mini versions of the Lombardi?? :wacko:

Just looks like a typical lifeless, corporate, homogenized, clusterphuck... attempting to "improve" something that doesn't require any "fresh ideas", or molestation.

To me, the NFL is all about history and tradition, and that's a huge part of what makes it successful, and a big part of the attraction for me.

Edited by byron2112