[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What website should I use

dmonkey

I am going to be starting a FF league next year and I was just wanted to get everyones input of what site I should use. I was going to wait till next season was closer but then I figured that I would ask when this season is fresh in everyones head. Right now I am in a yahoo league and I have thoroughly enjoyed the experiance. One of the main things I am looking for is an iPhone app, since almost everyone who is going to be in the league has one. My friend loved the espn app, but you have to buy it. Paying doesn't bother me, but it might for some of the other people. Just want to hear some input from some fellow huddlers.

MFL Thread 1

MFL Thread 2

MFL Thread 3

...there's about 30 more if you search the forums, but everyone here will tell you - the only way to run your fantasy football website is through myfantasyleague.com

+1

Very flexible, GREAT customer support (questions answered usually the same day...that's a biggie), free PC app., not sure about smart phone support, and a HUGH user base here. You will be hard pressed to find a site that the majority of Huddlers like better.

+1

Very flexible, GREAT customer support (questions answered usually the same day...that's a biggie), free PC app., not sure about smart phone support, and a HUGH user base here. You will be hard pressed to find a site that the majority of Huddlers like better.

Everything said here.

iPhone App that they put a lot of time into lets you quickly follow the games in ALL of your leagues.

Is the $60 more steep than a free league? Sure. But if you have 12 owners playing, it's not much at all to add to the annual entry fee - and the customization of your league's scoring, appearance, etc... and the extremely fast customer support is well worth the price.

I promise you, you will never get everything for the price you're paying at MFL at any other service. Trust us - we've all looked.

The only reason not to choose MFL is if you don't want to pay. Then IMO flip a coin between ESPN and Yahoo. Both are weak but will get you by, and actually not too bad if you have a very "casual" league like between co-workers/etc who aren't as interested in FF as dweebs like us.

The only reason not to choose MFL is if you don't want to pay. Then IMO flip a coin between ESPN and Yahoo. Both are weak but will get you by, and actually not too bad if you have a very "casual" league like between co-workers/etc who aren't as interested in FF as dweebs like us.
I'm in both a Yahoo and ESPN league. Yahoo hands down wins for the better interface IMHO. Yahoo also has the free smart phone apps where ESPN I believe is $1.99.

I've never played in a MFL league, but I did look at them a year or two ago. They were far more customizable then both ESPN and Yahoo, but for what my league needed, it wasn't necessary and added additional complexity where it wasn't needed. Yeah $60 spread out over 12 people is only $5 more, but I rather increase the pots (or pay less up front) if there is a free alternative that is just as good for what I need.

I'm in both a Yahoo and ESPN league. Yahoo hands down wins for the better interface IMHO. Yahoo also has the free smart phone apps where ESPN I believe is $1.99.

I've never played in a MFL league, but I did look at them a year or two ago. They were far more customizable then both ESPN and Yahoo, but for what my league needed, it wasn't necessary and added additional complexity where it wasn't needed. Yeah $60 spread out over 12 people is only $5 more, but I rather increase the pots (or pay less up front) if there is a free alternative that is just as good for what I need.

Something me and my staff are working on as we speak. Expect many of the customizable options of MFL but free :wacko: Hopefully we will have it ready for play for tje early 2011 fatansy season!

Having an app for the iphone / Droid is definatly a nessity in current FFL. Also think ESPN is coming out with a free app for FF new (which will be a lifesaver on gameday)

Personally I'm glad I wasn't in a Yahoo leauge that let Joe Webb be a WR.....

Major issues that your site should be able to deal with

stat changes

trades (some sites only allow 1 for 1 trades. others let 2 for 1 or 3 for 1)

implenting your leauge rules

If a site takes care of those 3 u can get by with it. Anything more than that is a luxury

I'm in both a Yahoo and ESPN league. Yahoo hands down wins for the better interface IMHO.

If "free" is important to you, I second the vote for Yahoo as the best free league host out there.

A bit more about Yahoo for those who may not know. The interface is nice and clean. It is easy see the weekly stats for any player - for every year of their career. Yahoo's stattracker is a great way to keep up-to-date on stats from all NFL games. Also, Yahoo has now reimplemented a report I love to help find emerging players - the "Last 4 week average points". Even for my league which uses MFL, I go to Yahoo and use that report when looking for waiver wire pickups.

Toss up between MFL and RTS Sports.

I too am working with my staff creating a league site to include apps for pc, iphone etc. FantasyGridIron.com will hopefully be up for the start of the 2011 season......

Use MFL or RT if you want to pay otherwise go with Yahoo for the free.....

+1.....I like both of these as well....