[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wannstedt......

tazinib1

Pick San Diego!! Pick San Diego!!

Other teams that reportedly are interested include the Panthers,Browns and Bills.

San Diego is a no brainer Dave!!

Pretty please?????

Dude you are out of your mind....He is probably the nicest guy you will ever meet. But he is clueless. He was in over his head at Pitt for crying out loud. I watched this guy on the sidelines for years. Scary how clueless he is. He apparantly has forgotten how to blitz and the fact that a defensive back is supposed to actually cover e receiver. Good luck with that.

You guys are nuts. As DC, he was responsible for a Cowboys SB, which were btw, #1 in the NFL. He is a DC..not a HC as was clearly made evident. Oh, and guess who the OC was when Dave was getting his ring for the Boys? Cmon..you can do it.

Oh and when he was HC for the Fin's for 5 years, the defense was consistently ranked in the top 10. I think he knows what he's doing as a DC.

Don't hate on the 'stash.

Edited by tazinib1

Dude you are out of your mind....He is probably the nicest guy you will ever meet. But he is clueless. He was in over his head at Pitt for crying out loud. I watched this guy on the sidelines for years. Scary how clueless he is. He apparantly has forgotten how to blitz and the fact that a defensive back is supposed to actually cover e receiver. Good luck with that.

WOW. We agree on this.

He ruined the Bears and then the Phins. He wants to be Assistant HC somewhere.

Cripes, he graduated both Revis and McCoy - just for starters - from Pitt and in 6 years won a single bowl game, the Car Care Bowl.

He'd fit in PERFECTLY in SD though, they love underachievement.

WOW. We agree on this.

He ruined the Bears and then the Phins. He wants to be Assistant HC somewhere.

Cripes, he graduated both Revis and McCoy - just for starters - from Pitt and in 6 years won a single bowl game, the Car Care Bowl.

He'd fit in PERFECTLY in SD though, they love underachievement.

He ruined the Phins? He posted a 41-23 record before the 2004 season debacle. Sure, he was dreadful in Chicago and maybe thats why you still hold that over him..I don't blame ya. But don't let your tainted rosy glasses lose sight of some of the facts.

He ruined the Phins? He posted a 41-23 record before the 2004 season debacle. Sure, he was dreadful in Chicago and maybe thats why you still hold that over him..I don't blame ya. But don't let your tainted rosy glasses lose sight of some of the facts.

He sure did - he took a strong Jimmy Johnson team, who happens to know what he's doing, and ran it into the ground inside of 3 years. 1 playoff win, an overtime one no less, and went 1-8 within 3 years of that 1 playoff win to get bagged.

So yes, as the team became less Jimmy's and more Wannstedt's it went downhill, and downhill fast. It took 4 years for them to get back to the playoffs, they had to rebuild so much.

But again, he's a perfect fit for SD all things considered. You guys love badass regular seasons and post season vacuums.

And your defense was top 10 in all 5 years he was in charge.....

I think I'm gonna have to give the credit to the likes of Sam Madison, Patrick Surtain, Tim Bowens, Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor, Trace Armstrong, Daryl Gardener, Brock Marion, etc - over Wanny.

If anything - he wasted these cats careers.

He sure did - he took a strong Jimmy Johnson team, who happens to know what he's doing, and ran it into the ground inside of 3 years. 1 playoff win, an overtime one no less, and went 1-8 within 3 years of that 1 playoff win to get bagged.

So yes, as the team became less Jimmy's and more Wannstedt's it went downhill, and downhill fast. It took 4 years for them to get back to the playoffs, they had to rebuild so much.

But again, he's a perfect fit for SD all things considered. You guys love badass regular seasons and post season vacuums.

Good points..all valid. But I never said I wanted him as a HC. I can't wait to see him get back to his roots. I don't remember if it was you or not, maybe Gil, not sure...but anyway, I was ecstatic when Ron Rivera came to SD as a DCOTY and got pummeled. lol..well that same Rivera will probably win that award again this year. Anyways, I'm a Wannstedt fan and I won't back peddle from it.

Good points..all valid. But I never said I wanted him as a HC. I can't wait to see him get back to his roots. I don't remember if it was you or not, maybe Gil, not sure...but anyway, I was ecstatic when Ron Rivera came to SD as a DCOTY and got pummeled. lol..well that same Rivera will probably win that award again this year. Anyways, I'm a Wannstedt fan and I won't back peddle from it.

you have my sympathy. His defense at Pitt was a joke. If you are looking for blitzes and press coverage...look elsewhere. The new up tempo offenses that are all over the game today are way over his head. If this was 1975 I would tell you that he would be great. He has no clue how to adapt to the game at hand. If he has a game plan and gets thrown a curve, game over. Although this really does not matter. You still have Norv and a team that does not know how to win or play a full season. I can assure you, the Stash will not change your mediocre organization.

you have my sympathy. His defense at Pitt was a joke. If you are looking for blitzes and press coverage...look elsewhere. The new up tempo offenses that are all over the game today are way over his head. If this was 1975 I would tell you that he would be great. He has no clue how to adapt to the game at hand. If he has a game plan and gets thrown a curve, game over. Although this really does not matter. You still have Norv and a team that does not know how to win or play a full season. I can assure you, the Stash will not change your mediocre organization.

Now you are getting it!!! Cmon, somebody knock it home!! I'm waiting.......I know you guys are smart. Show me!!

you want to go winless so Turner can get fired?

:wacko::tup::lol::rofl:

More specifically, AJ Smith. Norv Turner would obviously be let go in the process.

And no, I don't hate my team and will root for them regardless. But yeah, I want AJ Smith gone in a baaaaad way.

I am as die hard of a Pitt fan as you can get. I grew up watching Wanny at Pitt. I was very happy when they brought Dave here. I have seen him do things over the years that I have the most respect for and as a guy, I have met him a few times, I think he is top notch. Having said all that, I was happy to see Pitt go in a new direction. He just lacked the ability to ever get over the hump and win any game that ever mattered.

I don't know if he can succeed at going backward and I do wish him well but I don't want any Pittsburgh team to be involved.

According to the San Diego Union-Tribune's Kevin Acee, "indications are" 49ers DC Greg Manusky will be hired to run the Chargers' defense.

--per Kevin Acee via Twitter

Damnit...ok well I guess we here in SD are just gonna have to ride out the AJ Smith tenure a year or two more.

According to the San Diego Union-Tribune's Kevin Acee, "indications are" 49ers DC Greg Manusky will be hired to run the Chargers' defense.

--per Kevin Acee via Twitter

Damnit...ok well I guess we here in SD are just gonna have to ride out the AJ Smith tenure a year or two more.

Greg Manusky (formerly DC for SF) to take over as DC for the Chargers...3-4 will remain the D in SD.