[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sports Illustrated: Old Issues

Footballjoe

So I was going through my old bedroom at my mothers house yesterday. Pushed way back in a cubbie hole was my box of old SI mags. :wacko: I have them from 1970-74 with some from 1967. I did a little on line searching and some of what I have could be worth a few dollars. I guess it all depends on condition and who wants them. I used this site to get an estimated value.

http://www.dtmagazine.com/cmopg1924/si1.html

Can anyone recommend a site?

I have every issue from 1977 through 1986...some in mint condition, others in fair.

I have the 1980 Miracle on Ice, Villanova 1985 win, Phils 1980 World Series, and Sixers 1983 World Championship framed in my basement.

I have the the 1980's media guide and ws book (or whatever they are) that I got when I was at game 6 and they are displayed in my game room.

This is a cool site for SI where you can see every cover and it gives the ability to read the articles from each issue too (or I think each issue)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/cov.../dd/1/index.htm

the 1980 SI with the Phils would be cool to add to my game room, as would the Nova & Sixers ones too :wacko:

Miracle would be way cool too but I bet that one is worth a little bit of money too.

Edited by keggerz

I had the "Miracle issue" a couple of different times but ended up selling it. I have some, several copies of "the catch" a partial collection of Superbowl issues, but missing most of the early ones. I collect them, but I don't go out of my way to find them, and I sell them if they are worth more than I want stashed in my drawer.

I had every issue back to 1975 in the old house's attic...until I moved in 2006. I finally tossed 'em all. I probably threw away a buck or two, but didn't feel like lugging them around in the POD while the house was being completed.