[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I am done...

Ed Hoyle

I am done.

I just opened a bottle of ketchup and am preparing to eat crow.

I still don't care for Mike McCarthy or Ted Thompson, and I am still a Favre Fan...the player...not the off-field doofus.

However, I will no longer bash Thompson's methods of building a team. I have bashed him for years and now realize he knows more than I do.

I've bashed the Draft First method rather than pick up Free Agents. Well, this year it is really looking to make things happen. His depth players have finally stepped up and are helping win games. Starks has been the spark to open up the offense as well.

Anyway, I am humbled and will no longer bash the guys in charge. They are SuperBowl bound and I was W-R-O-N-G.

And even though some fans will disagree, I am still cheering for Green Bay to win.

GO PACKERS IN THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!

Im not sold on Mccarthy still. Today his playcalling was horrible.

Don't get me wrong....I still think he's over-reaching on his ability.

Too conservative in the last quarter of many games. Need to play for a win...not just to "not lose".

Scouts dont get enough credit either. Here in Dallas, there is a former Cowboy scout who is a regular on sports radio, that still has inside info to the scouting dept. Anyway, Jerrah over rules the scouts much of the time, taking the player he wants instead. Felix Jones over Mendenhall or Chris Johnson. OUCH.... jerry also wanted Merriman, and had Parcells not been the coach and insisted on Ware, we wouldnt have our best player either.

I have no idea if Thompson uses his scouts or not. Just an example of a team, Dallas, that doesnt in most cases... :wacko:

Scouts dont get enough credit either. Here in Dallas, there is a former Cowboy scout who is a regular on sports radio, that still has inside info to the scouting dept. Anyway, Jerrah over rules the scouts much of the time, taking the player he wants instead. Felix Jones over Mendenhall or Chris Johnson. OUCH.... jerry also wanted Merriman, and had Parcells not been the coach and insisted on Ware, we wouldnt have our best player either.

I have no idea if Thompson uses his scouts or not. Just an example of a team, Dallas, that doesnt in most cases... :wacko:

Thompson uses his scouts, but makes the final decision. And Brian Brodus or however you spell it was with Green Bay during the Mike Sherman reign of error. Either way, he's always a good listen.

I am done.

I just opened a bottle of ketchup and am preparing to eat crow.

I still don't care for Mike McCarthy or Ted Thompson, and I am still a Favre Fan...the player...not the off-field doofus.

However, I will no longer bash Thompson's methods of building a team. I have bashed him for years and now realize he knows more than I do.

I've bashed the Draft First method rather than pick up Free Agents. Well, this year it is really looking to make things happen. His depth players have finally stepped up and are helping win games. Starks has been the spark to open up the offense as well.

Anyway, I am humbled and will no longer bash the guys in charge. They are SuperBowl bound and I was W-R-O-N-G.

And even though some fans will disagree, I am still cheering for Green Bay to win.

GO PACKERS IN THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!

:wacko: Welcome back aboard.

good thing the other team's offense didn't show up, Rodgers pretty much turned in a what normally would be a losing performance.

His numbers looked worse than they were. The first INT was a fluke thanks to Driver losing his mind for a few seconds. The second one was all Urlacher, but don't act as if the Packers were trying to air it out in the second half. 280 yards offense and a TD worked today.

Jury is still out on that ,,, stud means you will be taking him in the 1st round ??

How about a very pleasant surprise from a player who came into the playoffs extremely fresh

I wouldn't call him a stud, but at the very least, Ryan Grants days of a feature back are over. The guy has had next to no work in TC and MC, then missed practice for the majority of the year. A year in the weight room/film room could make him a little closer to that list. By no means am I saying he's close to a top 10.

I do love the fact that he always seems to be falling forward. He does need to be a little more patient on those stretch plays and cut it in when the hole is there. Not sold on his vision, but the guy is doing a lot of the small stuff right.

:wacko:

All it takes is 1 game to change your mind? I guess that says it all...

Wow. Who's the Troll Now Bronco?

I was saying back in week 16 I thought the Packers were playing well and could make noise. The last 4 games have shown what they could do...and they had the most momentum in the NFC going forward into the playoffs.