[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Defensive Player of the Year - Troy Polamalu

kpholmes

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Packer fans refuse to acknowledge 2 missed FG by Akers and they are not oout of the 1st round again this yr.

If James Jones catches the TD Pass before half those missed FG's mean nothing. You can make up similar statements about the Steelers falling behind early and coming back against Baltimore.

And I dont know where you're getting your stuff about Packers fan crowning themselves the victor already. It's as if you're making up things in order to try and slam Packers fans. You've got this idea of what an arrogant Packer fan would say, then you're acting as if we're saying it.

If James Jones catches the TD Pass before half those missed FG's mean nothing. You can make up similar statements about the Steelers falling behind early and coming back against Baltimore.

And I dont know where you're getting your stuff about Packers fan crowning themselves the victor already. It's as if you're making up things in order to try and slam Packers fans. You've got this idea of what an arrogant Packer fan would say, then you're acting as if we're saying it.

Exactly. :wacko:

I know I never crowned the Packers. Anyone else here do it?

Edited by tosberg34

It's what he does. It's who he is. Don't buy what he's selling.

I think that Troy is definitely one of, if not the best defensive players in the NFL. I'm happy to see him get this recognition. :cheers:

I do agree that he, Harrison & Matthews would have all been deserving of the award.

Right. Like last year, Woodson was a deserving recipient; Revis was also deserving but didn't get it.

As a football fan, I can't argue with Polamalu getting the award. He's a dominant defender.

As a Green Bay homer, I'm mildly disappointed but you can't win them all. I'll gladly let Pitt have the Defensive MVP as long as GB gets the team award. :wacko:

Geez, several of you guys have the reading comprehension of my 7 yr old.

Packers players, players. Seriously, you haven't caught onto what Im preaching yet.

You crown Rodgers and Matthews elite before they have done anything yet

Geez, several of you guys have the reading comprehension of my 7 yr old.

Packers players, players. Seriously, you haven't caught onto what Im preaching yet.

You crown Rodgers and Matthews elite before they have done anything yet

Ok, then show me where they crowned themselves. I've read and watched every interview that I could find so far and I haven't heard any of this. Rodgers is very classy when it comes to the opposition, and Clay Matthews doesn't buy into trash talk. So who was it? AJ Hawk? Charles Woodson? Donald Driver? You act as if this is a team full of drama queens and guys with a false sense of entitlement. Rodgers, Matthews and the lot are a bunch of guys with a chip on there shoulder.

So show me where they're saying all of thist stuff. If it's because of the media attention they're getting, that's not on them. They don't ask ESPN/NFLN to talk about them, but that's what happens when your team goes to the super bowl.

Ok, then show me where they crowned themselves. I've read and watched every interview that I could find so far and I haven't heard any of this. Rodgers is very classy when it comes to the opposition, and Clay Matthews doesn't buy into trash talk. So who was it? AJ Hawk? Charles Woodson? Donald Driver? You act as if this is a team full of drama queens and guys with a false sense of entitlement. Rodgers, Matthews and the lot are a bunch of guys with a chip on there shoulder.

So show me where they're saying all of thist stuff. If it's because of the media attention they're getting, that's not on them. They don't ask ESPN/NFLN to talk about them, but that's what happens when your team goes to the super bowl.

Well Said :tup: But you know thee who shall not be named (that is never wrong) will find something to call everyone idiots and exclaim how superior thee's OPINIONS are!! :wacko:

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

Dear Lord, I know some think ignorance is bliss, but this guy takes the cake,.

I never said you idiots were crowning the team victors, you crown Packers players.

yo McFly, You crown rodgers and Matthews as elite. I never said they crowned themselves. :wacko:

You have officially earned the Special Ed blue ribbon this year. Congrats man. :tup:

Edited by Living the Dream

yo McFly, You crown rodgers and Matthews as elite. I never said they crowned themselves. :wacko:

You have officially earned the Special Ed blue ribbon this year. Congrats man. :tup:

Aaron Rodgers has led his team to the super bowl. He's won 10 games in his second and third year as a starter. He's 3-1 in the playoffs.

Brady, Manning, Brees, Roethlisberger and then... Aaron Rodgers. with Philip Rivers behind that. That's not blind homerism. If there was a redraft today, or whatever nonsense you were talking about, I think it's safe to assume that Rodgers and Rivers would be 2 of the first three taken. That's not crowning anything. I guess my definition of elite and yours may be off, but the dude is legit. If he wasn't the Packers wouldn't be where they are right now. In Arlington.

And out of curiousity, was Chris Johnson elite at this time last year? Yes. If you've torched the league in your first two years, put up numbers that no one else has at the position (10+ sacks, FF, TD in both seasons), made opposing teams dedicate 2-3 guys to stopping him, and been voted to two pro bowls, then it's time to give credit where credit is due. Has he put up the numbers over the years that Ware has? No, because he's only played two years. Do we have any indicication that his play is going to drop off next year? None what-so-ever. The guy has excelled since day one, and every coach, GM, player in the league, fantasy football fan, to the casual fan can see it. If you can't get it, then you don't know what you're watching. Clay Matthews is elite. That's not to say he's no.1, but he's a top 4-5 guy at his position.

As far as this goes, discussing it any further is pointless, as you're either too dumb to realize that you're points don't make sense, or you're a sad man who gets his rocks off by being a jackass on a football forum...

And very classy with the special ed comment. Hopefully no one from your family has gone or will go through with that. What an Adam's Apple.

I never said you idiots were crowning the team victors, you crown Packers players.

If the only one that understands you is YOU, then maybe you're the one with the problem. You've clearly been owned on these boards by just about everyone except your seven year old (and I bet that's only because he doesn't have a Huddle account). It's also clear to all of us that your hate for the Packers has led to some of the most ridiculous, albeit very entertaining, posts of the year (and we're only 31 days into the new year).

When you can take the hater goggles off and start posting rational and objective posts without twisting facts to suit your argument and making up elaborate stories about some supposed outrage out of thin air, then maybe others will take you seriously. Until then, you'll be nothing but the butt of our jokes and the object of our scorn.

Edited by tosberg34

Aaron Rodgers has led his team to the super bowl. He's won 10 games in his second and third year as a starter. He's 3-1 in the playoffs.

Brady, Manning, Brees, Roethlisberger and then... Aaron Rodgers. with Philip Rivers behind that. That's not blind homerism. If there was a redraft today, or whatever nonsense you were talking about, I think it's safe to assume that Rodgers and Rivers would be 2 of the first three taken. That's not crowning anything. I guess my definition of elite and yours may be off, but the dude is legit. If he wasn't the Packers wouldn't be where they are right now. In Arlington.

And out of curiousity, was Chris Johnson elite at this time last year? Yes. If you've torched the league in your first two years, put up numbers that no one else has at the position (10+ sacks, FF, TD in both seasons), made opposing teams dedicate 2-3 guys to stopping him, and been voted to two pro bowls, then it's time to give credit where credit is due. Has he put up the numbers over the years that Ware has? No, because he's only played two years. Do we have any indicication that his play is going to drop off next year? None what-so-ever. The guy has excelled since day one, and every coach, GM, player in the league, fantasy football fan, to the casual fan can see it. If you can't get it, then you don't know what you're watching. Clay Matthews is elite. That's not to say he's no.1, but he's a top 4-5 guy at his position.

As far as this goes, discussing it any further is pointless, as you're either too dumb to realize that you're points don't make sense, or you're a sad man who gets his rocks off by being a jackass on a football forum...

And very classy with the special ed comment. Hopefully no one from your family has gone or will go through with that. What an Adam's Apple.

Every year 2 teams make it to the Super Bowl. Not every QB that gets there is elite. So that holds no water at all. rodger is a elite fantasy player who was white hot in the playoffs against Philly and ATL, but avg at best last week when he had some heat, and the defense stepped up in class. Guess what, that step up in class is going to be even tougher this time with Pitt. So we will see how good he is. Im more than willing to give him his due if he wins this game. PERIOD.....

Matthews is even less impressive to me than Rodgers. Matthews was either an underachiever his whole life until last yr, or he is overachieving now.

And I was referring to you as special Ed, not some poor kid that is actually challenged.

And I was referring to you as special Ed, not some poor kid that is actually challenged.

I'm done talking football with you, as it's pointless to argue with someone who is just trolling, but you need to realize that any "Special Ed" joke is a joke at there expense. Maybe you should take a break from the internets and do some research, or go to a hospital. While I was in school I helped out those kids that you''re making your joke at.

Someone close to my family deals with this every day. Make your jokes, but realize that stupid crap like that doesn't go over well. You talk about how proud of your daughter you are, and thats cool... Being involved in the SB is a big deal, but do ever stop and think "what if my daughter saw the crap that I post" She'd be ashamed of you. You're a grown man. Act like it.

If the only one that understands you is YOU, then maybe you're the one with the problem. You've clearly been owned on these boards by just about everyone except your seven year old (and I bet that's only because he doesn't have a Huddle account). It's also clear to all of us that your hate for the Packers has led to some of the most ridiculous, albeit very entertaining, posts of the year (and we're only 31 days into the new year).

When you can take the hater goggles off and start posting rational and objective posts without twisting facts to suit your argument and making up elaborate stories about some supposed outrage out of thin air, then maybe others will take you seriously. Until then, you'll be nothing but the butt of our jokes and the object of our scorn.

Yea, Id hate to think Im the only one who understood this.

Today is Feb 1, so its actually 32 days in. But I can count, and obviously you can not.

And this is the butt of the joke around here today. Enjoy it again, we all did.....

Brady wins the MVP in a landslide. Vick is 2nd, and its anyones guess who is third.

Oh I agree...but as a Brady hater and Rodgers lover, I can dare to Live the Dream.

No guessing needed - it was Arian Foster that finished third. Just like the original poster wrote.

Foster finished third in the OPOY award that the original poster wrote, we are discussing MVP.

Thus my post said, Brady wins the MVP in a landslide, and Vick finishes 2nd.

Damn, I didnt realize how illiterate some packer fans are. :wacko:

Id also hate to think that just because Id like to see more than just 2 years of good play from Rodgers and Matthews, that Im a hater. Ever think maybe if it wasnt all the gushing by several packer fans, POS, you, 13ers, how elite these 2 guys are, I wouldnt be arguing against it in the first place.

Hell in another thread, it was said by a packer fan, GB is better man to man, and they want it more than Pitt does. And Im delusional because I argue against homerism like this. If that makes me misunderstood, so be it. With all this elite talk, and looking at the predictions by so many Packer fans, its going to be a hard fall if things dont go well Sunday.

I'm done talking football with you, as it's pointless to argue with someone who is just trolling, but you need to realize that any "Special Ed" joke is a joke at there expense. Maybe you should take a break from the internets and do some research, or go to a hospital. While I was in school I helped out those kids that you''re making your joke at.

Someone close to my family deals with this every day. Make your jokes, but realize that stupid crap like that doesn't go over well. You talk about how proud of your daughter you are, and thats cool... Being involved in the SB is a big deal, but do ever stop and think "what if my daughter saw the crap that I post" She'd be ashamed of you. You're a grown man. Act like it.

I wasnt making a joke at anyone but you. So you can twist this anyway you like, but the joke is on you. And dont speak of my daughter, ever. That is below the belt, and you know it.

To repeat some thoughts for clarity

Id hate to think that just because Id like to see more than just 2 years of good play from Rodgers and Matthews, that Im a hater. Ever think maybe if there wasnt all the gushing by several packer fans, POS, tos, 13ers, how elite these 2 guys are, I wouldnt be arguing against it in the first place.

Hell in another thread, it was said by a packer fan, GB is better man to man, and they want it more than Pitt does. And Im delusional because I argue against homerism like this. If that makes me misunderstood, so be it. With all this elite talk, and looking at the predictions by so many Packer fans, its going to be a hard fall if things dont go well Sunday.

Im actually rooting for GB. Every Cowboy fan I know is. Something about Pitt winning yet another SB, and here in Dallas at that is not the way we want this season to end. But some make it hard to root for GB, as I cant imagine this place if the Packers actually win. True fans like Big John and several others will not gloat. Others will make Menudo look like a choir boy. No offense Boy Band. :wacko:

To repeat some thoughts for clarity

Id hate to think that just because Id like to see more than just 2 years of good play from Rodgers and Matthews, that Im a hater. Ever think maybe if there wasnt all the gushing by several packer fans, POS, tos, 13ers, how elite these 2 guys are, I wouldnt be arguing against it in the first place.

Im actually rooting for GB. Every Cowboy fan I know is. Something about Pitt winning yet another SB, and here in Dallas at that is not the way we want this season to end. But some make it hard to root for GB, as I cant imagine this place if the Packers actually win. True fans like Big John and several others will not gloat. Others will make Menudo look like a choir boy. No offense Boy Band. :wacko:

Again, you're responding to scenarios that have only happened in your mind. No one here has done close to what you "think" has happened on these boards. It's a result of you reading into something that isn't there - and then railing against it like you're some voice of reason. The only thing your doing is cementing how nuts you really are. What else would you call someone who thinks fantasy is reality? Even your fellow Boyz fans are disowning you.

Maybe someday the light will go on with you, but the fact that you're crazy makes it an unlikely possibility.

Edited by tosberg34

I wasnt making a joke at anyone but you. So you can twist this anyway you like, but the joke is on you. And dont speak of my daughter, ever. That is below the belt, and you know it.

He's not twisting your words at all buddy, you said "You have officially earned the Special Ed Blue ribbon this year" followed by a laughing emotocon...and now your trying to say that we should be able to assume your talking about a character on an awful TV show called special Ed, who is oh by the way, a character that makes fun of people with special needs..

talk bad about football all you want and you won't offend anyone but when you attempt to defend your argument by calling someone special-ed as an insult to them....come on man.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :wacko: