[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Job Creation Priority Number 1

SayItAintSoJoe

Washington (CNN) - House Republicans are set to hold hearings this week on legislation restricting federal support for abortion, a move that has little support in the Democratic-controlled Senate or White House but one of enormous importance to the GOP's socially conservative base.

Ok, first it was passing a healthcare repeal that they knew would go no where. Now it's on to abortion.

What is the plan for job creation? Does anyone know?

Edited by SayItAintSoJoe

I saw a blurb somewhere that there is a big lawsuit pending against CA-Planned Parenthood for providing abortions to victims of sex trafficing-related pregnancies (i.e., helping to hide those who are trafficing in little girls).

Not sure if it's bogus or not; haven't had the time to research it yet ... just passing it along ...

If true, I can see how it's become some sort of hot button that the Republicans want to press forward...

I thought Obama said there wouldn't be any federally funded abortions if health care reform was passed. Does this mean that he lied? The GOP said they were going to vote for outright repeal of Obamacare. They voted for it. They said if they didn't get that, they were going to attack Obamacare piece by piece. They are doing exactly what they said they were going to do.

With regard to job creation, the best way to do that is to limit regulation, and cut government spending. They have outlined proposals to do both. Both will decrease the cost of doing business, and increase profits which allow businesses and entrepreneurs to hire more people. The best way to manufacture jobs would be to limit government spending so that taxes don't have to be hiked too much more than they will already need to be hiked to pay for all of the spending the last few years. Additionally it would help job creation if businesses and entrepreneurs had any idea what their tax liabilities were going to be two years from now, so that they could plan accordingly.

I thought Obama said there wouldn't be any federally funded abortions if health care reform was passed. Does this mean that he lied? The GOP said they were going to vote for outright repeal of Obamacare. They voted for it. They said if they didn't get that, they were going to attack Obamacare piece by piece. They are doing exactly what they said they were going to do.

With regard to job creation, the best way to do that is to limit regulation, and cut government spending. They have outlined proposals to do both. Both will decrease the cost of doing business, and increase profits which allow businesses and entrepreneurs to hire more people. The best way to manufacture jobs would be to limit government spending so that taxes don't have to be hiked too much more than they will already need to be hiked to pay for all of the spending the last few years. Additionally it would help job creation if businesses and entrepreneurs had any idea what their tax liabilities were going to be two years from now, so that they could plan accordingly.

Good God, you might as well use a loop tape, Perch.

Ok, first it was passing a healthcare repeal that they knew would go no where. Now it's on to abortion.

FWIW, exactly the same thing here in Minnesota. New Republican state assembly, first time in 40 years and the first two things up are abortion and guns. What a shock.

FWIW, exactly the same thing here in Minnesota. New Republican state assembly, first time in 40 years and the first two things up are abortion and guns. What a shock.

I wish all the pro-gun people would shoot the anti-abortioners...

ETA: I know, I know, it's usually the anti-abortioners shooting people...

ETA 2: I am not truly promoting that anyone should shoot anyone, the comment was in jest.

Edited by SEC=UGA

I saw a blurb somewhere that there is a big lawsuit pending against CA-Planned Parenthood for providing abortions to victims of sex trafficing-related pregnancies (i.e., helping to hide those who are trafficing in little girls).

Not sure if it's bogus or not; haven't had the time to research it yet ... just passing it along ...

If true, I can see how it's become some sort of hot button that the Republicans want to press forward...

There is a lunatic pro-lifer in CA who is sending other pro-lifers to Planned Parenthoods around the country *pretending* to be sex traffickers on hidden camera in order to secure a "gotcha" journalism moment, ala the Acorn scandal. Its happened in at about 12 planned parenthoods around the country (because the same guy keeps posing as the same fake trafficker). It appears that in one of the attempts a planned parenthood employ did offer advice on abortion, and how to screen for STDs and pregnancy without following the proper procedure.

For what its worth, PP policy is to get a social worker and/or law enforcement involved in all sex abuse situations. But you're only going to hear about the one time one person failed to follow that procedure on tape - not the other 11 times they did.

There is a lunatic pro-lifer in CA who is sending other pro-lifers to Planned Parenthoods around the country *pretending* to be sex traffickers on hidden camera in order to secure a "gotcha" journalism moment, ala the Acorn scandal. Its happened in at about 12 planned parenthoods around the country (because the same guy keeps posing as the same fake trafficker). It appears that in one of the attempts a planned parenthood employ did offer advice on abortion, and how to screen for STDs and pregnancy without following the proper procedure.

For what its worth, PP policy is to get a social worker and/or law enforcement involved in all sex abuse situations. But you're only going to hear about the one time one person failed to follow that procedure on tape - not the other 11 times they did.

I remember thinking when I saw the blurb, "this sounds like what happened to ACORN"... Thanks.

That said, PP should get more than their hand slapped over this. While there may be worse offenses, sex trafficing is pretty awful stuff...

I remember thinking when I saw the blurb, "this sounds like what happened to ACORN"... Thanks.

That said, PP should get more than their hand slapped over this. While there may be worse offenses, sex trafficing is pretty awful stuff...

True, but it wasn't *real* sex trafficking. Planned parenthood's policy is to treat everyone, *then* let the authorities sort it out. If they are expected to serve a quasi-law enforcement function then the real victims of sexual abuse are less likely to come forward for treatment in the first place. We want them to come forward, not just because they need treatment, but because its the best opportunity for them to get big picture help.

Now contrast that with the motives of the pro-life muckrakers. They're motive is to hurt planned parenthood when more than 90% of planned parenthood's services have nothing to do with abortion. And those services are frequently provided to the poorest, most vulnerable people in society. Regardless of whether one is pro life or pro choice, we can't ignore that Planned Parenthood is providing necessary (nonabortion) medical services to the people main stream medicine has largely rejected. These kinds of politically motivated stunts jeopardize those services, and there's nothing "pro life" about that.

With regard to job creation, the best way to do that is to limit regulation, and cut government spending. With regard to job creation, the best way to do that is to limit regulation, and cut government spending. They have outlined proposals to do both. Both will decrease the cost of doing business, and increase profits which allow businesses and entrepreneurs to hire more people. The best way to manufacture jobs would be to limit government spending so that taxes don't have to be hiked too much more than they will already need to be hiked to pay for all of the spending the last few years.

That's it? That's the plan? Sounds pretty vague and don't buy the connection between government spending and job creation that you make.

By "plan" I was hoping to see something proposed by the house majority with a projected number of jobs created attached to it. Or at least hear some new ideas besides just the old "shrink the size of government" ones.

Planned parenthood's policy is to treat everyone

Like abortions for 12 year old rape victims without telling their parents or authority's?

They're motive is to hurt planned parenthood when more than 90% of planned parenthood's services have nothing to do with abortion.

A large percentage of their income is being an abortion mill, 1/3 of their budget is paid by the taxpayers. I can understand how a huge gov't, lock step leftie as yourself has no problem with that. The rest of America does.

Like abortions for 12 year old rape victims without telling their parents or authority's?

A large percentage of their income is being an abortion mill, 1/3 of their budget is paid by the taxpayers. I can understand how a huge gov't, lock step leftie as yourself has no problem with that. The rest of America does.

:wacko: tired shtick. Nobody loves you.

Meh. Kind of like when the Dems first jammed thru the Health Care Reform (not) when they came to power 2/3 years ago instead of focusing on the economy (which was all they talked about UNTIL they came to power). No complaint from you about jobs then.

I guess if it's good for the left it's good for the right. You have no standing to complain.

Ursa - 0

Forces of Truth - 274

Edited by tosberg34

Meh. Kind of like when the Dems first jammed thru the Health Care Reform (not) when they came to power 2/3 years ago instead of focusing on the economy (which was all they talked about UNTIL they came to power). No complaint from you about jobs then.

I guess if it's good for the left it's good for the right. You have no standing to complain.

Ursa - 0

Forces of Truth - 274

They did campaign on health care reform. It was a big issue. On the contrary, the Tea Party and the Republicans specifically distanced themselves from social issues in 2010.

They did campaign on health care reform. It was a big issue. On the contrary, the Tea Party and the Republicans specifically distanced themselves from social issues in 2010.

Okay, then the R's campaigned on repealing health care reform. IT WAS A BIG ISSUE.

So I still don't know what you're complaining since the Rs apparently are following the same path the Ds took. I'm not saying it's the right path, but the same path.

Okay, then the R's campaigned on repealing health care reform. IT WAS A BIG ISSUE.

So I still don't know what you're complaining since the Rs apparently are following the same path the Ds took. I'm not saying it's the right path, but the same path.

The R's are kidding themselves if they think that they were voted into office by such huge numbers based on their promise to repeal something that they had no chance of repealing.

They were voted into office because of the economy and they better start doing something to help improve it. Right now I don't feel that the R's have the same momentum that they did back in November.

Well, here's one vote they will lose if they get on their high moral horse, instead of tackling the priorities that affect the majority of the country (i.e. job creation).