[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beverly Hillbillies

Scooby

blog of what is happening in my hometown...people are getting rich overnight, I am so happy to see my hometown's local economy and surrounding areas benefit from one of the largest oil/natural gas discoveries in the history of the US: There are jobs to be had here even if u dont work in the oil/gas industry, It's a very exciting time! TX huddlers in need of work, look no further. Landmen are always needed, companies send them out in droves

http://eaglefordshaleblog.com/

a mad crazy rush for sure, in its infancy...not easy at all, but folks like yourself willing to roll up their sleeves at this early juncture are way ahead of the curve...good luck to you Dave, and anyone else willing to roll the dice. One of the few areas I know of with great signs of economic progress

blog of what is happening in my hometown...people are getting rich overnight, I am so happy to see my hometown's local economy and surrounding areas benefit from one of the largest oil/natural gas discoveries in the history of the US: There are jobs to be had here even if u dont work in the oil/gas industry, It's a very exciting time! TX huddlers in need of work, look no further. Landmen are always needed, companies send them out in droves

http://eaglefordshaleblog.com/

I am an acquisition/business development guy for an oil and gas company in Tulsa. We have looked at, bid on and almost closed a few EagleFord shale deals. It's not the only play like it going on right now either. Mineral owners are getting rich in PA, ND, CO, NM, WY and other places on similar shale plays.

If you family owned a 10,000 acre ranch in LaSalle Co right now with minerals, you could expect a one-time check of about $45 million for the leases on your minerals. If you retained a 25% royalty interest, you could expect to gross about $6-8 million for each well drilled (spread out over the well's life and payable out of production). Based on average expected well spacing, you could expect about 40-50 wells to be drilled on your ranch. I might consider that to be life-changing money...................

The resulting job boom will also have a big impact on the local economies, but the bulk of the riches will be bestowed on those that own minerals.

indeed, Redfish...land owners will make a ton, gotta love that 1/4 and would glady take less lease bonus per acre to get it if I were them, though it seems like many can get the best of both worlds right now...my sister is helping to head up a new education foundation down there to help direct the new wealth towards improving schools, which I think is great!!

In terms of reserve value, the Eagleford and other comparable shale plays are really going to be the future of oil and gas in North America.

It really is amazing how much horizontal multi-stage fracture techniques have changed how oil and gas is produced.

horizontal drilling all the craze and the frac jobs easier (cheaper) in this shale too; working interest owners can still deduct those IDC's, hopefully they dont repeal them. Polk--is it a surveying job?

horizontal drilling all the craze and the frac jobs easier (cheaper) in this shale too; working interest owners can still deduct those IDC's, hopefully they dont repeal them. Polk--is it a surveying job?

yep, chief surveyor for a fairly major producer.