[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Firefox 4

Ursa Majoris

I hear there's no cure.

Been fiddling with it for half an hour or so and it looks to me like they've shuffled most of it around for the sake of it. I've fixed the dreadful "tabs on top" thing but I'm still looking for the Apps bar they plugged so heavily.

Edit: Figured out the App Tab thing. Pretty cool.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

I'm going to give it a try. My biggest concern is Firefox getting too big for it's britches and end up being a worse browser than IE just for the sake of being different. Features are nice, but fast & simple can be much nicer when my work PC is a prehistoric slug.

The only complaint I have w/ all versions has been the way it eats memory. I have seen it as high as 700K. I usually have to shut it down and re-start it 2-3x per day. Does FF4 resolve that? :wacko:

Now it won't let me do anything with it until a reboot.Can't reinstall, can't uninstall. :wacko:

Do a total uninstall. Then either try again or D/L and install 3.6xx.

ETA:

I assume you still have IE and it works.

Edited by rocknrobn26

Do a total uninstall. Then either try again or D/L and install 3.6xx.

ETA:

I assume you still have IE and it works.

I tried doing an uninstall through the control panel, but it tells me I have to complete the upgrade by rebooting before it will let me. Still have IE & it works. I posted something in the FF support forum, though I doubt I get a response.

Edited by rajncajn

I tried doing an uninstall through the control panel, but it tells me I have to complete the upgrade by rebooting before it will let me. Still have IE & it works. I posted something in the FF support forum, though I doubt I get a response.

First check to see if it's running in the background:

CTRL/ALT/Delete and select "Task Manager". Make sure no Firefox stuff is running.

Next:

Go to "Program Files" on your 'C' Drive, open "Mozilla Firefox" folder and then open the "Uninstall" folder. Run the "helper.exe". That should do it.

If not the only other thing would be to try it in 'Safe Mode', or as a last resort do a "System Restore".

Good Luck.

First check to see if it's running in the background:

CTRL/ALT/Delete and select "Task Manager". Make sure no Firefox stuff is running.

Next:

Go to "Program Files" on your 'C' Drive, open "Mozilla Firefox" folder and then open the "Uninstall" folder. Run the "helper.exe". That should do it.

If not the only other thing would be to try it in 'Safe Mode', or as a last resort do a "System Restore".

Good Luck.

"Your computer must be restarted to complete a previous upgrade of Firefox. Do you want to reboot now?" :wacko:

Can't do a system restore since it's my work PC and I don't have admin rights. I wanted to avoid having to involve IT, but it looks like I have no choice now.

Got er done. Had to delete the entire Firefox folder and then it let us do the reinstall.

Yeah...I thought about that, but I really hate doing it as it mucks up the registry. But then again w/ the reinstall, the Reg may not know the difference. :wacko:

am over FF - 3.6 sucked and was slow and buggy on my machine.

IE 9 is lightining fast so far and I run chrome on a different machine and love it

So far, now that I finally have it fixed, it's been pretty good.

I had it figured out, too....then I closed my browser, came back to it a couple hours later, and they are gone...and I can't get them back :wacko:

Same here. They are supposed to stick after a browser restart but mine don't. The tab groups thing sucks too.