[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Extreme Ping Pong

Scourge

So. I work for a pretty big company and we have a ping-pong table in our fitness area. Every day, 6 of us eat a 30 minute lunch in the cafeteria and then head to the fitness center for some extreme ping-pong.

The rules are actually pretty simple. All standard ping-pong rules apply. We are all pretty good straight up pong players at this point and we actually have some pretty sick volleys. The difference is that at any point of the game, you can haul off and try to hit the ball as hard as you can at a member of the opposing team. Body shots are 1 point, neck and head shots are 2 points. If you catch the ball in the air after it hits you before it hits the wall or the floor, it is 2 points for the slammed on team.

We play every day. I have many welts that last up to 24 hours and have been plunked in the eyeball once. Smart or not, it is a blast to play. I thought I would share one of my life's simple joys with you all.

So. I work for a pretty big company and we have a ping-pong table in our fitness area. Every day, 6 of us eat a 30 minute lunch in the cafeteria and then head to the fitness center for some extreme ping-pong.

The rules are actually pretty simple. All standard ping-pong rules apply. We are all pretty good straight up pong players at this point and we actually have some pretty sick volleys. The difference is that at any point of the game, you can haul off and try to hit the ball as hard as you can at a member of the opposing team. Body shots are 1 point, neck and head shots are 2 points. If you catch the ball in the air after it hits you before it hits the wall or the floor, it is 2 points for the slammed on team.

We play every day. I have many welts that last up to 24 hours and have been plunked in the eyeball once. Smart or not, it is a blast to play. I thought I would share one of my life's simple joys with you all.

you guys have good padles or old pos ones :wacko: does anyone have a cover for their paddle

you guys have good padles or old pos ones :wacko: does anyone have a cover for their paddle

We have a couple of good paddles but for the guys that like to slam more, the POS ones are better anyway because it is just wood and the ball jumps off the paddle harder. LOL.. I like to use one that has a little grip to it because I am one of the guys that can actually put spins on the ball..

Reminds me of a job I had working in a hazardous materials warehouse. We had this long tall hallway between the segregated rooms, and at lunch we would go out and take a tennis ball and broom handle and play wall ball. One pitcher, one hitter. The pitcher quite often got drilled with the ball. One day our game went way past our lunch break, and our supervisor came around the corner and "WHACK" , I smacked him with the broom handle in the head. He was sneaking up on us trying to catch us.....serves him right. :wacko:

He was cool about it and we didn't get in any trouble, but that was the last time we played. Ahhh, good times!