[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Captain America

buddahj

I'm looking forward to them, but I don't think simply because there's a tie in means it's going to be a good film. :wacko: In fact, I'll go out on a limb and predict Thor will be the least successful of the Marvel films thus far (excluding Punisher, I'll stick w/ SpiderMan and Avengers tie ins on that statement) in terms of both reviews and box office performance. I'll also add that for every minute over 90 Thor is, it will be half as good as it was the minute before - it's just too esoteric a character that few are truly familiar with. It's simply serving the purpose of doing his origin so it doesn't need to be touched on in the Avengers which should allow it to hit the ground running, and that WILL be good.

...which kinda blows, because they could do some REALLY neat stuff with Thor.

What about Batman? He's a "regular guy".

Batman and Cap both kinda fill that role of "the brains of the operation" in the JLA and Avengers, respectively.

Um...Captain America isn't a 'regular guy' he's in fact the first roided up Super Soldier. Batman is the regular guy(but who's smart enough to beat Superman).

That was one of my problems with the DD movie - yeah, he's got super-senses, but he's essentially just a "regular guy" (if an Olympic-level gymnast with a black belt who's also strong as an NFL LB counts as "regular"), but the stuff they had him doing was simply NOT POSSIBLE for a normal human. Spider-Man, yes.

I've been waiting for somebody to post about this. I think it looks great as well. But I have a problem with Chris Evans being given the role. He was already a superhero (The Human Torch in Fantastic Four). I think its fair to say that you get 1 superhero in your lifetime. Thats it. You can't be 2!!!!!....lame casting IMO.

I always wondered why Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone were both played by Fess Parker. I was a confused kid.

I loved Daniel Boone.

link

Um...Captain America isn't a 'regular guy' he's in fact the first roided up Super Soldier. Batman is the regular guy(but who's smart enough to beat Superman).

Captain America:

Captain America represented the pinnacle of human physical perfection. He experienced a time when he was augmented to superhuman levels, but generally performed just below superhuman levels for most of his career. Captain America had a very high intelligence as well as agility, strength, speed, endurance, and reaction time superior to any Olympic athlete who ever competed. The Super-Soldier formula that he had metabolized had enhanced all of his bodily functions to the peak of human efficiency. Most notably, his body eliminates the excessive build-up of fatigue-producing poisons in his muscles, granting him phenomenal endurance.

The peak of human efficiency? Wow.

Iron Man's armor and weapons::

Tony’s most recent armor is protected by an energy-draining shield which expands from the gauntlets, as well as a personal deflector shield. The armor grants Tony superhuman strength (lifting 100 tons at maximum power). Its Jet boots enable flight at Mach 8; he can also hover utilizing a localized gravity field. The armor’s internal air supply lasts more than one hour and can be sealed for travel through low oxygen, underwater or outer space environments. The armor also features a chronometer, radar, sonar, a magnometer, an atom-force microscope, photon, heat, motion and other sensor instruments. The armor contains a subspace/satellite radio communications array which receives local radio and video signals; the armor can also jam transmissions. The chest plate features the unibeam, a powerful searchlight that can project beams in virtually every light spectrum (visible, infrared and ultraviolet); it also features a laser beam projector, an EMP (electromagnetic pulse) generator which can shut down electronic devices within a 50-yard radius, a scanning device that travels along energy waves emitted from the unibeam and a holographic generator.

The Iron Man armor includes Tony’s primary energy weapon, repulsor rays, a powerful particle beam which is standard equipment in the palms of his armor; the repulsor ray can repel physical and energy-based attacks, traveling as either a single stream or as a wide-field dispersal. The armor has also been outfitted with pulse bolts (extremely powerful plasma discharges which grow in strength as they seek their target), sonic generators, explosive shell projectiles, mini-missiles, magnetic field generators and a laser torch built into the finger of Tony’s gauntlet. The armor’s surface can generate an electric charge to dispel attackers.

Thor:

Thor possesses physical powers superior to those of normal Asgardian gods. He has an extended lifespan augmented (although not immortal) by the Golden Apples of Idunn, immunity to conventional diseases, enhanced endurance (Thor's Asgardian metabolism is far greater than a human), superhuman strength ([lifting 100 tons]), which increases further when he succumbs to “warrior’s madness,” a berserker rage, the mindless battle passion that increases a warriors strength tenfold. By chanting and performing an ancient ritual, Thor can also invoke the berserker rage to increase his strength. His skin and bones are several times denser than those of mortals, granting him extreme resistance to injury.

Thor shares a unique bond [1] and affinity with Mjolnir, which has been increased further after Dr. Stephen Strange bound Thor's lifeforce to Mjolnir to repair the hammer [2]. Via this bond, Thor has a strong affinity with the forces of weather and acting as a conduct can channel Mjolnir's powers through himself allowing him to summon lighting from his hands. Thor's affinity with Mjolnir is so strong that even when damaged, as long as there is a significant piece remaining intact, Thor can use Mjolnir's powers. However due to the increased bond via Thor's lifeforce, if Mjolnir were to be damaged, Thor himself would perish. Thor can channel his godly energies/lifeforce through Mjolnir into blasts called “Godforce” so powerful that they can slay even immortals, although it leaves him in a weakened state afterwards.

Thor wears a full body hauberk composed of Asgardian steel. It belt has the Norse symbol of physical health as a belt buckle along with the Norse symbol of Gemini most likely to symbolize his bond with Dr. Donald Blake. [3]

While empowered with the Odinforce, or more accurately called Thorforce since the Asgardian lifeforce resided within Thor, Thor was able to tap into a near-infinite resource of cosmic and mystical power, enhancing all of his powers. With the Odinforce’s vast power, Thor was even able to dent Captain America’s Vibranium/steel alloy shield. At regular intervals (usually occurring once per year) or when using the Thorpower too greatly, Thor would be required to enter the “Thorsleep.” Learning from his father's mistakes, Thor had Falki, Odin's metalsmith, create a casket that contains enchantments that create a coma-like state to replenish and retain mastery over the Thorpower in order to heal more quickly. Once closed, it can only be opened from within. When Thor entered this casket of Thorsleep and into the Thorsleep, Donald Blake emerged from the Void until Thor awoke once again. Thor briefly had mastery of the Norse runes and could use them to break any Asgardian enchantment.

Thor occasionally dons a Belt of Strength, which doubles his strength but weakens him after its use. He also possesses a pair of iron gauntlets to protect him when unleashing Mjolnir’s most potent powers. For extended periods of travel, Thor rides a chariot drawn by the Asgardian goats Toothgnasher and Toothgrinder.

What's that grease spot on the floor?

By chanting and performing an ancient ritual, Thor can also invoke the berserker rage to increase his strength. His skin and bones are several times denser than those of mortals, granting him extreme resistance to injury.

:wacko:

Sounds like a typical night of Goldschlager for me.