[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Conspiracy Theories

SEC=UGA

One user comment on this story went something like:

TO: CNN Readers

Dear Readers, please go back to sleep. There is nothing going on. Thanks

Its like in Star Wars...

These arent the droids you're looking for. Move along.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Loose Change video is compelling, but I have also seen a video where folk find the flaws in loose change. I will have to find it. As somebody said earlier - often times the more fantastic claims hurt the credibility of the more grounded ones.

The government called Loose Change "shoddily researched." But why did we go after Iraq? Our macho government just wanted someone to shoot with all of our bombs?

what brought down WTC7? Do the research yourself. You will be blown away.

I'll recycle an old post...

I think it's pretty obvious why WTC7 collapsed. I remember watching that afternoon/evening and they were talking about how they were keeping everybody away from it because it was creaking like crazy and they were afraid it would collapse. then it did collapse.

read this about building 7. every single stupid conspiracy claim easily debunked. if you read that and the conspiracy "evidence" side by side and conclude "conspiracy", then you have the critical thinking skills of cheese grater.

Not really compelling that he looked at a few photos that he cherry picked and thus made his own conclusions.

And this is his proof that a 747 did hit the Pentagon:

http://conspiracies.skepticproject.com/ima...-005-debris.jpg

:wacko: We know how big a plane is and we can clearly see people standing near the Pentagon. How did this plane just disappear?

Not really compelling that he looked at a few photos that he cherry picked and thus made his own conclusions.

a few photos (and videos) that show massive structural damage and a raging fire after the collapse of the first two towers. as I said, I clearly remember watching coverage that day and they were talking about how badly that building was damaged, and the fire, and how it was creaking badly and they were worried about it collapsing so they got everybody far away and didn't try to fight the fire or save the structure. and then it did collapse.

:wacko: We know how big a plane is and we can clearly see people standing near the Pentagon. How did this plane just disappear?

it didn't "disappear", it flew into the pentagon.

As soon as the government releases video of the plane flying into the Pentagon from one of their hundreds of cameras on site ( or releases the video from the gas station across the street which they immediately confiscated) they can put all of my 911 doubts to bed.

Its very easy to squash this conspicary theory, yet 10 years later nobody I know has ever seen that video. Popular Mechanics telling me it is so is hardly reassuring.

As soon as the government releases video of the plane flying into the Pentagon from one of their hundreds of cameras on site ( or releases the video from the gas station across the street which they immediately confiscated) they can put all of my 911 doubts to bed.

Its very easy to squash this conspicary theory, yet 10 years later nobody I know has ever seen that video. Popular Mechanics telling me it is so is hardly reassuring.

the one thing that always blew me away is the fact that the plane flew so close to the ground and left no marks......I mean it was really close....

but I am not a physics major, so I can't really try to argue it.....it just doesn't seem right...

I'll recycle an old post...

YOU my friend need to do more research. You also need to have an open mind when doing so. I guarantee a fire did not bring that building down, especially in the manner it collapsed. That building was CLEARLY demo'd, and anyone that thinks otherwise has the mindset of a "cheese grater".

Seriously man, you think a FIRE did that? Have you seen these fires from other buildings in which the structure of the building remained standing?

http://www.septembercoup.com/gallery_windsor.htm

http://www.thebigwobble.com/2010/11/huge-h...nabuilding.html

Those are just 2 quick ones I found. There are countless others. Fires dont bring buildings down like that, sorry. Also, the fires in WTC1 and 2 were big, sure, but the fuel from the planes didnt last long. It exploded on impact, and whiule the building burned a while, the fuel was damn near gone on impact. ALSO, the fires in WTC1 and 2 were oxygen starved, hence keeping it from gaining a lot of momentum. So those fies were enough t bring down not 1, not 2, but 3 friggin buildings, yet the other fires I linked werent able to bring down anything despite clearly being MUCH MUCH worse? Yeah ok... :wacko:

Do more research, but with an open mind. Stop thinking our govt wouldnt do this. They dont gve a shhit about you, me, or anyone else.

a few photos (and videos) that show massive structural damage and a raging fire after the collapse of the first two towers. as I said, I clearly remember watching coverage that day and they were talking about how badly that building was damaged, and the fire, and how it was creaking badly and they were worried about it collapsing so they got everybody far away and didn't try to fight the fire or save the structure. and then it did collapse.

it didn't "disappear", it flew into the pentagon.

So it hit the pentagon, and completely disintegrated? And when it hit the pentagon, where is the damage from the wings and jet engines? Why was all the video surveilance evidence confiscated?

the one thing that always blew me away is the fact that the plane flew so close to the ground and left no marks......I mean it was really close....

but I am not a physics major, so I can't really try to argue it.....it just doesn't seem right...

Because it ISNT right. And you know it.

It wasnt just the "Bush administration" that was involved.

Which makes it even more unlikely, if that's possible. You're saying that agencies beyond the government were involved?

Seriously, there is no way on God's green earth that a conspiracy of this colossal size and import could be kept secret, especially in the age of instant communication and permanent records. It just couldn't. The number of people involved would have to be staggering, every single one would have had to agree to do it right off the bat AND stayed totally silent (which in and of itself is ridiculous) and Osama Bin Laden would have to have loaned us 19 of his best suicide jockeys so that we could go and destroy his Afghan training camps.

I'm sorry, but you really do have to be certifiable to believe any of this stuff.

Which makes it even more unlikely, if that's possible. You're saying that agencies beyond the government were involved?

Seriously, there is no way on God's green earth that a conspiracy of this colossal size and import could be kept secret, especially in the age of instant communication and permanent records. It just couldn't. The number of people involved would have to be staggering, every single one would have had to agree to do it right off the bat AND stayed totally silent (which in and of itself is ridiculous) and Osama Bin Laden would have to have loaned us 19 of his best suicide jockeys so that we could go and destroy his Afghan training camps.

I'm sorry, but you really do have to be certifiable to believe any of this stuff.

You think its been kept secret? Then why the hell are people like me disputing it? Look, I dont want to believe our govt had anything to do with it. I dont want to believe any of the conspiricies that are out there for 9/11. But the fact of the matter is, there are WAY too many things that simply dont make sense, add up to the official story, and the bottom line is what THEY have told us happened, simply did not. I wont pretend to know exzactly what happened, but I wont sit back and let the official story be just that just because our govt says so.

Believe what you want. But if you actually watch the videos, do some research, you will find that there is simply too much BS that has been fed to everyone.

The greatest thing about believing in a conspiracy, is a substantial amount of logic and evidence will conveniently be ignored. And stuff like "the cameras didn't catch the airplain" somehow becomes more of a smoking gun than the weight of evidence that contradicts the preposterousness. The conspiracy believer will believe the conspiracy is real to the point it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Again from the thread I posted:

Conspiracy believers are highly doubtful about information from the government or other sources they consider suspect. But, without criticism, believers accept any source that supports their preconceived views.
Edited by bushwacked

Why would so many people have to be involved? If 19 suicide bombers could pull off the 'official' story why would it take anymore than that to pull off the 'unofficial' version? How can anyone confirm how many supposed suicide bombers were even involved? I think it's likely only a handful (relatively) of people were involved while everyone else was in the dark.

There is a large sample of past governments killing their own people and participating in conspiracies. I would say you'd have to be certifiable to not at least entertain the idea that such a thing is possible today.

For WTC 7 to collapse as it did, it would require that each floor gave out at exactly the same time. In other words, there is no deceleration of velocity during the collapse which goes against the fundamental law of physics. Watch a video and tell me you don't at least question the 'official' story.

Why would so many people have to be involved?

Let's see who would have to be involved or at least have knowledge. This isn't a complete list by any means and other posters might wish to add to it.

The demolition experts who placed the charges to bring down the buildings

The people who fired said demo charges

The people who flew the planes into the WTC towers

The USAF pilot who "fired the missile into the Pentagon"

The air traffic controllers who would have to have lied about the position of the plane that flew into the Pentagon (plus they would have had to have lied about the USAF plane that fired the missile too)

The people who program the air traffic control equipment and the transponders on the planes

All the people who said they saw the plane hit the Pentagon

The people who kidnapped and presumably executed the occupants of the plane that really didn't hit the Pentagon

The people who spread bits of plane around on the ground outside the Pentagon

The people who dreamed the whole plot up in the first place

There. We're off to a decent start. Any more?

For WTC 7 to collapse as it did, it would require that each floor gave out at exactly the same time. In other words, there is no deceleration of velocity during the collapse which goes against the fundamental law of physics.

umm, I don't know where you learned your "fundamental laws of physics", but I always thought that gravity caused falling things to accelerate. you know, -9.8m per second squared. I'm sure one of the glitterati taught me that, though :wacko:

Edited by Azazello1313

Let's see who would have to be involved or at least have knowledge. This isn't a complete list by any means and other posters might wish to add to it.

The demolition experts who placed the charges to bring down the buildings

The people who fired said demo charges

The people who flew the planes into the WTC towers

The USAF pilot who "fired the missile into the Pentagon"

The air traffic controllers who would have to have lied about the position of the plane that flew into the Pentagon (plus they would have had to have lied about the USAF plane that fired the missile too)

The people who program the air traffic control equipment and the transponders on the planes

All the people who said they saw the plane hit the Pentagon

The people who kidnapped and presumably executed the occupants of the plane that really didn't hit the Pentagon

The people who spread bits of plane around on the ground outside the Pentagon

The people who dreamed the whole plot up in the first place

There. We're off to a decent start. Any more?

Again, do the research. Just watch the videos I posted and see what kind of explosives were potentially used. You obviously dont want to believe anything other than the official explanation. There are a lot of people like that unfortuantely.

Does it sound impossible? Sure does. But like Ive said no less than 5 times now, do the research. Watch the videos. All your questions will be answered.