[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fungus/Mushroom problem

Avernus

I have been looking around the internet because yesterday, out of nowhere there were 3 mushrooms suddenly growing out of the bathroom in the man zone area of the house. I went to work and said I'll take care of this situation when I come back and do some research on it in which there wasn't any clear answer to it from what I could find.

all the mushrooms look like dead flowers and I know what the problem is, but I am wondering if there are any quick solutions other than spraying some diluted bleach on it.

The problem spawned off when my septic tank would overflow from filling up or even begin leaking from the base and even when I turned it off it somehow managed to fill up slowly anyways. Then one day it just stopped doing it and went back to working properly which is puzzling and even more-so...weeks later, I see some small mushrooms growing in what seemed to be overnight and in the same day, they showed signs of dying.

Do I just pull them out? Do I spray something and then pull out later? :tup: I am not sure how to correctly handle this and search engine's are apparently not my friend even though I "think" I know how to use them....key words and phrases etc.....but I don't really get anything definitive back....

any feedback would be appreciated....:wacko:

Mushrooms in the batrhroom? :tup: I don't mean to laugh but this reminds me of something that happened to us years ago. My wife can smell mold like you wouldn't believe. I think she could get a job with the mold police. Anyhow, she kept complaining about mold in the bathroom. I saw no water leaks anywhere. I went under the house and found the underside as dry as could be. Needless to say the complaints keep coming. Then one morning we woke up to find 2 mushrooms growing up through the tile floor. What I found after ripping up the floor is that water was standing under the tile but did not leak through because of the tar paper on top of the sub floor. I finally detected the leak coming down the corner where the tub and wall meet. Bottom line is that you have a water leak somewhere. :wacko:

Mushrooms in the batrhroom? :tup: I don't mean to laugh but this reminds me of something that happened to us years ago. My wife can smell mold like you wouldn't believe. I think she could get a job with the mold police. Anyhow, she kept complaining about mold in the bathroom. I saw no water leaks anywhere. I went under the house and found the underside as dry as could be. Needless to say the complaints keep coming. Then one morning we woke up to find 2 mushrooms growing up through the tile floor. What I found after ripping up the floor is that water was standing under the tile but did not leak through because of the tar paper on top of the sub floor. I finally detected the leak coming down the corner where the tub and wall meet. Bottom line is that you have a water leak somewhere. :wacko:

yeah, I know where the leak is :lol: it's even stopped and I'm guessing that's why they are dying already.....I'm just wondering that since they are dead if I can just yank them out and call it a day?...

I have been looking around the internet because yesterday, out of nowhere there were 3 mushrooms suddenly growing out of the bathroom in the man zone area of the house. I went to work and said I'll take care of this situation when I come back and do some research on it in which there wasn't any clear answer to it from what I could find.

all the mushrooms look like dead flowers and I know what the problem is, but I am wondering if there are any quick solutions other than spraying some diluted bleach on it.

The problem spawned off when my septic tank would overflow from filling up or even begin leaking from the base and even when I turned it off it somehow managed to fill up slowly anyways. Then one day it just stopped doing it and went back to working properly which is puzzling and even more-so...weeks later, I see some small mushrooms growing in what seemed to be overnight and in the same day, they showed signs of dying.

Do I just pull them out? Do I spray something and then pull out later? :tup: I am not sure how to correctly handle this and search engine's are apparently not my friend even though I "think" I know how to use them....key words and phrases etc.....but I don't really get anything definitive back....

any feedback would be appreciated....:wacko:

This happened to me last year. I had a tiny little mushroom growing from a seam in the bathroom window. I plucked it and sprayed it with Lysol and it hasn't returned since.

Has a tree fallen in your bathroom a hundred years ago? Cause that's why I get mushrooms on the side of the yard sometimes. There's a hugh f'n tree down there somewhere. I've seen a piece or two of it before.

out of nowhere there were 3 mushrooms suddenly growing out of the bathroom

This happened to me last year. I had a tiny little mushroom growing from a seam in the bathroom window.

hmm, can't be a coincidence. these are clearly genetically mutated CIA mind control mushrooms.

hmm, can't be a coincidence. these are clearly genetically mutated CIA mind control mushrooms.

The govt. :wacko:

Expand your mind a little. It's obviously either planted by the elite bankers or reptilian overlords.

Edited by bushwacked

are you saying this is a form of MK Ultra?

I like how the goon squad got together to spam my thread with crap....your post was at least tolerable, but some of the others are plain childish...

"THAT'S REAL MATURE RONDELL" - Dave Chappelle pretending to be a white guy