[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your ideal and reasonable - however unlikely - draft

Duchess Jack

Patriots

1.17 JJ Watt (Bowers would be fine by me as well...)

1.28 Gabe Gamiri

2.01 Chris Ponder

2.28 Phil Taylor

Something like that.

Wouldnt mind seeing Mark Ingram at 1.28.....BJGE and Woodhead were good last year, but having an explosive back like Ingram would be great....

Wouldnt mind seeing Mark Ingram at 1.28.....BJGE and Woodhead were good last year, but having an explosive back like Ingram would be great....

IMO a waste of a pick. It's not their game. Even if they were going to take him, 2.01 would be the better spot, but I would pass.

There are so many scenarios surrounding my Niners that I can barely get my head around them. Some have Gabbert falling to them. Some have Peterson falling to them. Others have the top 6 picks going chalk and having them take the best of the next tier. That, of course, is the worst case scenario.

Of all those, I would love it if Peterson fell to them and then they were able to come back with Dalton in the 2nd.

Hey, you said reasonable but unlikely.

There are so many scenarios surrounding my Niners that I can barely get my head around them. Some have Gabbert falling to them. Some have Peterson falling to them. Others have the top 6 picks going chalk and having them take the best of the next tier. That, of course, is the worst case scenario.

Of all those, I would love it if Peterson fell to them and then they were able to come back with Dalton in the 2nd.

Hey, you said reasonable but unlikely.

I think it's reasonable to see Peterson fall to the Niners. Due to the NFL lockout, we may see more teams reach for a quarterback because of the lack of free agency moves. Here's how I think it might go:

1. Carolina Panthers - QB Cam Newton

2. Denver Broncos - DT Marcell Darius

3. Buffalo Bills - DT Nick Fairley

4. Cincinnati Bengals - QB Blaine Gabbert

5. Arizona Cardinals - LB Von Miller

6. Cleveland Browns - WR A.J. Green

7. San Francisco 49ers - CB Patrick Peterson

8. Tennessee Titans - DE Robert Quinn

9. Dallas Cowboys - DE Da'Quan Bowers *possible trade*

10. Washington Redskins - QB Jake Locker

11. Houston Texans - CB Prince Amukamara

12. Minnesota Vikings - QB Ryan Mallet

13. Detroit Lions - OT Tyron Smith

14. St. Louis Rams - WR Julio Jones

15. Miami Dolphins - RB Mikel Leshoure *surprise*

16. Jacksonville Jaguars - DE Cameron Jordan

17. New England Patriots (from Oakland) - DE J.J. Watt

18. San Diego Chargers - LB Aldon Smith

19. New York Giants - DT Stephen Paea

20. Tampa Bay Bucs - DE Ryan Kerrigan

21. Kansas City Chiefs - OT Gabe Carimi

22. Indianapolis Colts - OT Dereck Sherrod

23. Philadelphia Eagles - G Mike Pouncey

24. New Orleans Saints - DT Corey Liuget

25. Seattle Seahawks - QB Christian Ponder *surprise*

26. Baltimore Ravens - LB Akeem Ayers

27. Atlanta Falcons - DE Adrian Clayborn

28. New England Patriots - LB Justin Houston

29. Chicago Bears - OT Anthony Castonzo

30. New York Jets - DE Cameron Heyward

31. Pittsburgh Steelers - OT Nate Solder

32. Green Bay Packers - RB Mark Ingram

Vintage, I hope you're right. The problem I keep hearing is that, if Peterson makes it to 5 or 6, someone is going to come up from the back of the round, trade in and take him. So, it's not only a matter of all 6 teams in front of them passing on him but nobody else jumping in as well.

If there was a new CBA in place or even if the lock-out was stayed, there might be less of a chance of this because teams would realize that, either there's not going to be football or a new CBA will have been agreed on that included a rookie scale. Problem is for the owners right now, is that there's a chance that they'll be forced to do business as usual and play under another un-capped year like last year where they sort of have to do business as it's been done, which means paying top rookies mad jack.

If owners knew they weren't going to be stuck paying top dollar, then none of the to teams would trade back because their picks would have more value. On the other hand, if they think there's any chance that it will be like before (and there's a reasonable chance of that), then the price of moving up is cheaper (at least in terms of what they have to give up in draft picks), so there's a better chance.