[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

1st round - Carolina picks?

BearBroncos

In all honesty, this is a stretch, but I don't think out of the realm of possability. Carolina will be going throw a rebuild for the next couple of years with many areas of need. One being their QB but also they need some help on the D line.

What they might do is hold out for the better QB option which won't be in the draft until next year.

They pick Dareus with the number 1 overall and wait for Luck to enter the draft come next year. It gaurantees another sorry season, but one with some serious upside if they were to land Luck.

Thoughts?

Each and every local writer is calling for Newton. Even those who don't think they should go that way. The rationale is that everyone has a good QB in their division so they need one as well. Of course, that doesn't make a lick of difference if they pick a guy who doesn't end up being good.

Honestly, if it's me, I take Dareus and hope that Claussen improves. They really do need help on the D-line.

Of course, I think it was Gil Brandt who had his son spy on Newton at Auburn. Kid said he was flawless. Nice to folks, went to class, didn't so much as cut in line. This kid does have a learning curve but I don't think we should assume that he's incapable of figuring it all out. Because, if he does, he could be amazing.

Oh, and Nick, Carolina doesn't have a #2 pick. They traded that to NE to move up and grab Armanti Edwards last year.

Edited by detlef

Oh, and Nick, Carolina doesn't have a #2 pick. They traded that to NE to move up and grab Armanti Edwards last year.

:wacko: M'kay....so grab the OL in round 3 and then defense.

this draft is long on talent. IMO, they could do worse than improving the tools that any QB would have at their disposal and see if it makes a difference. Let's face it, Clausen didn't have much to work with in his receiving corps. Steve Smith wasn't exactly playing the good soldier, and every other WR they have drafted that isn't named Gettis has been somewhat of a stiff....and the jury is still out on Gettis.

:wacko: M'kay....so grab the OL in round 3 and then defense.

this draft is long on talent. IMO, they could do worse than improving the tools that any QB would have at their disposal and see if it makes a difference. Let's face it, Clausen didn't have much to work with in his receiving corps. Steve Smith wasn't exactly playing the good soldier, and every other WR they have drafted that isn't named Gettis has been somewhat of a stiff....and the jury is still out on Gettis.

If they could, they'd trade Smith for another pick. And, honestly, I agree with you. If it's me, I recognize the fact that there are other needs that I can fill with a guy that has a higher chance of at least being an asset right away and hope Claussen progresses.

I was just pointing out that they didn't have a 2nd

I don't see them moving down, but they could get allot of buyers on that pick so they could get that 2nd back fairly easy while dropping just a tad if they chose to.

i doubt anyone wants the #1 pick enough to trade anything of value for it. they're stuck with it.

i doubt anyone wants the #1 pick enough to trade anything of value for it. they're stuck with it.

What does NE lack the most? Yes, they need a solid big back but were they struggle the most (kinda that is) is receiver. Imagine AJ in NE? They have 2 lower picks in the first which could help Carolina HUGELY.

Not saying it's going to happen, but I've seen stranger out of Belichick.

What does NE lack the most? Yes, they need a solid big back but were they struggle the most (kinda that is) is receiver. Imagine AJ in NE? They have 2 lower picks in the first which could help Carolina HUGELY.

Not saying it's going to happen, but I've seen stranger out of Belichick.

0 % that happens. not belichecks style at all. would have to pay green a ton and would have to give up at least 3 picks to do it.