[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cam Newton.........

Guest mrbass

Guest mrbass

Point Blank does he turn into a productive NFL QB or tries to be a Icon and is a BUST?

Like all other QB's the bar being Wins/ PlayOff Wins/ Super Bowls.

I say no, I like his potential ceiling athletic wise, but not sure his mind is or will be in the right place.

Deion was interviewing Cam and his mom on stage and he asked Cam what the first thing he was going to do for his mom and he said "We're going on a vacation." A true pro says "I'm sending my mom on a vacation, I'll be at work tomorrow getting my playbook and working with my teammates."

Manning said he was getting the playbook and getting to work, Leaf said he was going to Vegas.

Deion was interviewing Cam and his mom on stage and he asked Cam what the first thing he was going to do for his mom and he said "We're going on a vacation." A true pro says "I'm sending my mom on a vacation, I'll be at work tomorrow getting my playbook and working with my teammates."

Manning said he was getting the playbook and getting to work, Leaf said he was going to Vegas.

In that same interview with Deion, he was asked something about how he will do in the NFL (can't remember the exact question). Anyways, his response was something to this affect: "Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are great because they prepare better than anyone else. I'm not knocking those guys, but that's not God given". I was like :wacko: Just seems that's not the answer you'd like from your franchise QB. I could have mis-interpreted the question/response maybe someone can que up the interview online? I can't watch video at work.

If I did understand him correctly, that's a HUGH red flag, imo.

In that same interview with Deion, he was asked something about how he will do in the NFL (can't remember the exact question). Anyways, his response was something to this affect: "Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are great because they prepare better than anyone else. I'm not knocking those guys, but that's not God given". I was like :wacko: Just seems that's not the answer you'd like from your franchise QB. I could have mis-interpreted the question/response maybe someone can que up the interview online? I can't watch video at work.

If I did understand him correctly, that's a HUGH red flag, imo.

I interpreted the response the same way you did. I think Cam=VY

Point Blank does he turn into a productive NFL QB or tries to be a Icon and is a BUST?

Like all other QB's the bar being Wins/ PlayOff Wins/ Super Bowls.

I say no, I like his potential ceiling athletic wise, but not sure his mind is or will be in the right place.

Going to Carolina sure wont help him. If they expect him to lift up the franchise, they are going to be disappionted.

Not bust, not great. He'll be like Vick in his early years. He'll make great plays that wow you, but put up pretty mediocre numbers as a whole.

Fine like a mediocre QB or fine like it was the right pick and he'll be an elite QB?

I don't consider "fine" to be mediocre. I also think people are wrong when they say that a #1 pick needs to be elite at their position in order to justify the pick. First off, Carolina didn't have any realistic choice but to pick #1. But that doesn't mean the guy they chose at #1 has to be any better than the guys picked in the next 10 spots behind him to justify his selection. Someone has to go #1.

Dude keeps getting compared to Russell, Young, and Vick. Besides the annoying element that all those guys just happen to be black and so that's where we automatically go with it, only one seems to even be close to being accurate. Russell was not nearly as mobile and Vick is much smaller. That leaves Young, who I don't think threw as nice a ball and didn't seem to have the charisma or his drive. So, I think that he should be better than Young. Possibly much better.

I agree that the things he apparently said in the interview are alarming. I didn't hear the interview, so I'll have to take your guys word on it. He will certainly need to show some humility and hit the books, in a big way. There is absolutely the chance for him to bust if he doesn't dive in and study like hell. But he doesn't need to be Payton Manning or Brady in that regard because there are other things he can do that they can't. It's the same reason that Randy Moss doesn't need to be as good a route runner as Wes Welker. He's more physically gifted. He just needs to be good enough to not let that liability be any worse for him than the fact that Manning or Brady can't tuck it an run unless absolutely nobody stays home.

And he doesn't need to be as good as either of those guys. Those guys are all-time greats.

Now, I'm not coming out and saying that I'm sure dude is going to be great or even good. But that I have a feeling that he's going to work out fine.

I wouldn't be too worried about the interview stuff. History has shown that plenty of coky, arrogant, selfish fools can play the heck out of this game. And I'm not even really sure that Newton is all of those things... he might just be a little immature is all. Bottom line; I think he will become a good NFL QB and would predict that he will justify his #1 overall pick.

From Cam Newton..."I understand it's not something that's going to be instant, like instant grits," Newton said of adjusting to the NFL. "It's more like collard greens. You've got to let it sit and wait. But, at the same time, it's going to be a fun process. I know that."

From Cam Newton..."I understand it's not something that's going to be instant, like instant grits," Newton said of adjusting to the NFL. "It's more like collard greens. You've got to let it sit and wait. But, at the same time, it's going to be a fun process. I know that."

Ohhhhh, I didn't know he was a racist. :wacko: