[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MFL's Newest Feature

kpholmes

Well, there appears to be a glitch. If your league uses the salary cap feature, trades involing blind bidding money does not transfer to the salary cap balance - even if you have selected in blind bidding that blind bidding money is the same as salary cap money.

I have a help ticket in with mfl about this and will provide an answer as soon as I get one.

The latest on this (don't you just love the way mfl.com responds so quickly :wub: ):

Category: NFL Players

Subject: Trading Blind Bid dollars - no show on player salaries

Question: Hey guys,

League: http://64.73.54.49/2011/home/41180

We have just instituted the "trade blind bidding dollars" capability for owners in the league. We also have the blind bidding dollars assigned as being the same as player salaries in the blind bid set up.

When I trade $10 in blind bidding dollars from one team to the other, there is no change in the player salaries, which is how the league tracks dollars available for free agency.

Is there something I missed that the blind bid dollars tarded do not get registered under the teams' salary cap amounts?

Thanks

Jay Bleier

commish

ATAP

Submitted: Mon May 2 12:13:12 p.m. ET 2011

Ticket Replies Reply At Tue May 3 9:55:53 a.m. ET 2011 From Kevin

Jay:

Right now, that option only works with more traditional blind bidding leagues - in other words, ones that don't treat blind bidding dollars and salary cap dollars as the same. It sounds like you'd like it to work with your league, too? How exactly would you envision this working for your league? The more details you can provide, the more likely we'll be able to help.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Thanks,

Kevin

Reply At Tue May 3 10:11:15 a.m. ET 2011 From 'Jay Bleier'

Kevin,

First, thanks for the quick response. I've learned to expect it from you guys but sometimes you probably don't get the credit for this that you deserve.

In regard to the issue, I would like to see the blind bid dollars that are involved in trades be added/subtracted appropriately from the involved owners' salary cap accounts when the trade goes through - in other words, when the box for blind bidding dollars is checked so that they are treated as salary dollars, have that follow through the salary cap amounts when transactions for the blind bidding dollars goes through the system.

Hope that I am being clear.

Jay Bleier

Edited by Bronco Billy

Continuation of the discussion above. If anyone has any suggestion to put forth I'd be glad to carry them into the conversation Kevn & I are having.

Reply At Tue May 3 11:12:49 a.m. ET 2011 From Kevin

Jay:

To give an example, you'd expect it to work like this, right? Assume both team A and team B have the league-specified salary cap of $100 before this transaction.

Team A trades player X and $10 of blind bidding dollars to Team B for player Z.

After the trade goes through, player X is on team B, player Z is on team A, and the salary cap amount for Team A is now $90, and the salary cap amount for Team B is $110.

Is that what you're looking for?

Initially, I was thinking that it would make more sense to implement this as a Salary Cap adjustment, like you're entering on your Reports > Franchise > Salary Adjustment page.

Thanks,

Kevin

Reply At Tue May 3 12:47:49 p.m. ET 2011 From 'Jay Bleier'

Kevin,

Yes, that's what I was hoping to see with the blind bidding dollars being the same as salary cap dollars.

As it stands right now, it looks like it will have to be done manually through the commish with the chain you have listed above.

Jay

Reply At Tue May 3 10:35:28 p.m. ET 2011 From Kevin

Jay:

I apologize - I should have been clearer in my previous email. The way I look at this, if we were to automate this for you, we could do it in one of two ways:

1 ) Automatically increment/decrement the salary cap amount for each franchise involved in the trade.

or

2 ) Automatically create salary adjustments for each franchise involved in the trade.

I was thinking that #2 might be a more elegant solution to this problem. Do you agree?

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin,

Yep, I agree that option 2 is more desirable. It's a good way to track transactions involving blind bidding/salary cap dollars.

Jay

Edited by Bronco Billy

Wait, are you wanting then to automatically adjust the Salary Cap amount or just automatically adjust the salaries? I see no reason why you would want to do the first. Maybe I'm looking at this wrong. :wacko:

Wait, are you wanting then to automatically adjust the Salary Cap amount or just automatically adjust the salaries? I see no reason why you would want to do the first. Maybe I'm looking at this wrong. :wacko:

Adjust the salary dollars that each team has. The cap is a hard number (or should be, I assume, in most leagues).

Adjust the salary dollars that each team has. The cap is a hard number (or should be, I assume, in most leagues).

That's what I was thinking, but it didn't sound like MFL understood it that way in this reply.

After the trade goes through, player X is on team B, player Z is on team A, and the salary cap amount for Team A is now $90, and the salary cap amount for Team B is $110.

Is that what you're looking for?

Initially, I was thinking that it would make more sense to implement this as a Salary Cap adjustment, like you're entering on your Reports > Franchise > Salary Adjustment page.

Our dollars are separate from our salaries. The way it works now is perfect. So...if they institute your mod I hope it is as an option.

:wacko:

Our dollars are separate from our salaries. The way it works now is perfect. So...if they institute your mod I hope it is as an option.

:wacko:

Yeah, it would be an option - I am assuming it only would kick in when you check blind bidding dollars are the same as salary dollars when you set up blind bidding

Reply At Thu May 5 3:04:07 p.m. ET 2011 From Kevin

Jay:

Excellent - thanks. Hopefully this is something we can address here in the next week or two. I'll re-open this ticket when there is news to report on this front.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin,

Thanks for all the time you've sunk into this. Looking forward to hearing from you in a while.

Jay

Looks pretty optimistic that they can accomodate this feature. Man, these guys are just superb at customer service aren't they?

Edited by Bronco Billy

• 2 weeks later...

You know, I was able to adjust the remaining dollars before, now the computer will do it for me.

I catch alot of crap for trading FA money. That is one rule that gets overlooked when making out a league charter. Just ask anyone in TAR league, LoL (thank you to Big John for making all those trades with me :wacko: I think we even traded Chris Cooley to each other twice! along with some FA dollars)

Edited by Scooby's Hubby