[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thor

kpholmes

Just got back from midnight showing.

Very entertaining flick - they did a great job of focusing on the character and his story rather than forcing the superhero angle.

Another great installment in the Avengers initiative. Can't wait for Captain America in July and The Avengers in 2012. :wacko:

It was good? Nice. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised as I liked the little bit of trailers I had seen (been awhile though). I guess this just looked like the story that they would f-up. :wacko: Glad to hear it was good. Makes me hopeful for Captain America.

It was good? Nice. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised as I liked the little bit of trailers I had seen (been awhile though). I guess this just looked like the story that they would f-up. :wacko: Glad to hear it was good. Makes me hopeful for Captain America.

Marvel is doing things the right way.

Other than falling-out with Ed Norton as Hulk, they've really been nailing these movies.

I think when it's all said and done, Iron Man, Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America, The Avengers (featuring actors from all of them), and Iron Man 3 will end up being a really fantastic accomplishment on Marvel/Paramount Studios part.

It's not easy to tie movies together over a 10 year period, but they're doing it.

Captain America will be great, no doubt about it.

Wow. I thought for sure it was gonna be a stinker but it moved well had some decent laughs and (this is big) hooked the ladies in the theater I saw. When he kisses Portmans hand at the end they all cooed at once. :wacko: I give it a solid 7.5 and say it's a touch better than the first Iron Man (which I think has a VERY weak ending) but not as strong as Nortons Hulk which is their best effort by far.

Can anyone guess who the villian for the Avengers will be? Maybe they will just make a movie about the Avengers "assembling" leading to making a trilogy.

No shortage of Marvel bad guys to dredge up . . . . even though some of them are X-men enemies

Mr. Sinister (X man ish)

Apocalypto (X man ish)

Dr. Doom (cause the fantastic four movies have really sucked)

The White Queen and the Hellions (X man ish) . . . that sounds wrong, but something like that

One of the villains (along with the Avengers' mcguffin) is set up in the post credit scene. And since Avengers is going to be a sequel (basically) to Captain America I think the Red Skull will be involved as well.

Edited by Pope Flick

not as strong as Nortons Hulk which is their best effort by far.

Wow, I must have missed the boat because I've never watched that one. It went around here without a sound and I've never heard anyone mention it. I just assumed it was bad. Although I do like Norton and think he has been great at some movies (fight club, italian job, rounders). I just didn't know if that movie was worth a dump or not. You're the first one I've heard say a good thing about it (maybe I live under a rock). Might have to rent that sometime :wacko:

Wow, I must have missed the boat because I've never watched that one. It went around here without a sound and I've never heard anyone mention it. I just assumed it was bad. Although I do like Norton and think he has been great at some movies (fight club, italian job, rounders). I just didn't know if that movie was worth a dump or not. You're the first one I've heard say a good thing about it (maybe I live under a rock). Might have to rent that sometime :wacko:

Norton is great, but Tim Roth makes it stand out. He, along with William Hurt as General Ross, are given nice screen time and become very well developed as the bad guys. I always thought Jeff Bridges throwing on a bigger Iron Man suit at the end was kind of an outta the blue cop out, in part because "Iron Monger" was never all that much of a villain. Tim Roth as the Abomination, however makes a lot of sense is really well done. It is also a very quiet sequel to the Ang Lee film, since it starts with Banner in Brazil.

you missed out big time on Norton's version of the Hulk...

you missed out big time on Norton's version of the Hulk...

Marvel and The Avengers will be missing out big time on Norton's version of the Hulk... :wacko:

I loved it. Was such a shame it tanked with the public, because Norton really was a perfect Bruce Banner and the movie was very solid. Mark Ruffalo will have to do though..

On the bright side - The Avenger's Cast is quite impressive.

Edited by kpholmes

Marvel and The Avengers will be missing out big time on Norton's version of the Hulk... :wacko:

I loved it. Was such a shame it tanked with the public, because Norton really was a perfect Bruce Banner and the movie was very solid. Mark Ruffalo will have to do though..

yeah, I heard about that because there was a conflict of interest with the bruce banner/hulk characters and Norton had a great idea which resulted in a great hulk flick...

avengers will be great regardless, but it would be even better with him..

Wow. I thought for sure it was gonna be a stinker but it moved well had some decent laughs and (this is big) hooked the ladies in the theater I saw. When he kisses Portmans hand at the end they all cooed at once. :tup: I give it a solid 7.5 and say it's a touch better than the first Iron Man (which I think has a VERY weak ending) but not as strong as Nortons Hulk which is their best effort by far.

Norton is great, but Tim Roth makes it stand out. He, along with William Hurt as General Ross, are given nice screen time and become very well developed as the bad guys. I always thought Jeff Bridges throwing on a bigger Iron Man suit at the end was kind of an outta the blue cop out, in part because "Iron Monger" was never all that much of a villain. Tim Roth as the Abomination, however makes a lot of sense is really well done. It is also a very quiet sequel to the Ang Lee film, since it starts with Banner in Brazil.

Norton was awesome in the Hulk, but the actual creature sucked if you ask me. The CGI was so far past anything remotely human that the transformation back and forth lost all believability. The actor and his character totally rocked, but the movie as a whole couldn't overcome the failure of the CGI.

Norton was awesome in the Hulk, but the actual creature sucked if you ask me. The CGI was so far past anything remotely human that the transformation back and forth lost all believability. The actor and his character totally rocked, but the movie as a whole couldn't overcome the failure of the CGI.

I try not to get TOO wrapped up in that stuff, unless some shots are unforgiveably cheesy (there are a few shots in Thor MUCH worse than anything I saw in Norton's Hulk). If you do feel that way then skip Green Lantern since it's going to be not much more than a pseudo cartoon with real people running around in it. :wacko: I just appreciate the effort and ambition put into this stuff, it's only getting better and we're in an area where some of the cgi isn't even meant to be noticed.

I try not to get TOO wrapped up in that stuff, unless some shots are unforgiveably cheesy (there are a few shots in Thor MUCH worse than anything I saw in Norton's Hulk). If you do feel that way then skip Green Lantern since it's going to be not much more than a pseudo cartoon with real people running around in it. :wacko: I just appreciate the effort and ambition put into this stuff, it's only getting better and we're in an area where some of the cgi isn't even meant to be noticed.

I usually don't mind over-the-top special effects, and I'm also usually fine with CGI as well, but for some reason the transition from human Banner to CGI Hulk just didn't look good. And I have a feeling that that's a large part of why that movie didn't do as well as it could have. I love the superhero genre and definitely wouldn't skip Green Lantern (one of my favorite characters!). Haven't decided yet if I'll see Thor in the theaters or wait for DVD.

Was that Samuel L Jackson in that picture? Who is he going to play in the movie? Black-Red Skull?

Good lord that man is in every movie!

Was that Samuel L Jackson in that picture? Who is he going to play in the movie? Black-Red Skull?

Good lord that man is in every movie!

Samuel Jackson is Nicy Fury . . he was at the end of other movies talking about "the Avenger Initative"