[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

X-Men: First Class

Avernus

first off....:wacko: - gasm

here are a couple of trailers and even though the first two start off the same, they are not the same trailer...

and here are some of the character trailers

Banshee -

Mystique -

Havok - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFzFApi4LuE...;feature=relmfu

Beast -

it looks like the "Batman Begins" of the X-Men movies and Matthew Vaughn was a wise decision for this movie....if you haven't seen any of these, you should be taken out of the dark like I have recently done...

Wow - hadn't seen the individual trailers. That's a big chunk of the film they're showing if you add it all up. Watching McCoy mutate made me REALLY want to see him in an Avengers film down the line...since he ended up there for so long.

• 2 weeks later...
Just got back!

:wacko::tup:

It's not as monumental as Batman Begins, but it's very well done and exciting from start to finish. Easily the best of most recent X-Men movies.

I'd rate them:

1: X-Men 2

2: X-Men 1

3: Wolverine Movie

67: X-Men 3

I'd rate them:

1: X-Men 2

2: X-Men 1

3: Wolverine Movie

67: X-Men 3

as of now, I'd say...

1. X-Men: First Class

2. X-Men 2: United

3. X-Men

4. X-Men Origins: Wolverine

5. X-Men 3: The Last Stand

you might as well say First Class was the Magneto origins movie that was supposed to happen, but they wrapped it all in to an X-Men origins....which is fine but I could watch a whole movie with the Magneto character, the only other movie I recall him in is 300 "then we shall fight in the shade"....the guy is plain awesome...

as of now, I'd say...

1. X-Men: First Class

2. X-Men 2: United

3. X-Men

4. X-Men Origins: Wolverine

5. X-Men 3: The Last Stand

you might as well say First Class was the Magneto origins movie that was supposed to happen, but they wrapped it all in to an X-Men origins....which is fine but I could watch a whole movie with the Magneto character, the only other movie I recall him in is 300 "then we shall fight in the shade"....the guy is plain awesome...

No way that Origins was better than Last Stand. Come on!

Last Stand was rough, yeah - but Origins was a total flop.

No way that Origins was better than Last Stand. Come on!

Last Stand was rough, yeah - but Origins was a total flop.

Cyclops got the shaft in Last Stand. At least Origins had Liev Schreiber.

Last Stand was a near-wreck of a movie. Origins wasn't much better, but better than Last Stand.

X-Men: First class = the best of the bunch. A very plesant surprise as I wasn't expecting much.

yeah, I should mention that the 2nd half of Origins was the worst section of any of the movies...

• 2 weeks later...
2 great cameos. Solid film. Better than X Men 1, but not as good as 2. I'm a hugh fan of McAvoy. Terrific actor that one.

Apparently I need to go back and watch 2 again. As I recall, it didn't blow me away.

Just got back from First Class and thoroughly enjoyed it. Good Script, and well acted. Went to see Super 8 last weekend and, while I enjoyed that, First Class wins hands down.

Apparently I need to go back and watch 2 again. As I recall, it didn't blow me away.

Just got back from First Class and thoroughly enjoyed it. Good Script, and well acted. Went to see Super 8 last weekend and, while I enjoyed that, First Class wins hands down.

exactly how I feel and I recently watched X2...it didn't do much for me at all...

Went to see it today. Had the whole theater to ourselves, which is always a plus. About 45 minutes in I whispered to the Sheikette "I f'ing LOVE what they're doing with the characters." She said "That's exactly what I was thinking!"

While not perfect, this was a damn solid addition to the franchise. Brilliantly done.