[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone know anything about the credit card processing industry?

muck

I figure that because someone in the huddle knows all there is to know about everything (nearly), I thought I'd put that to the test to see if anyone knows anything about the credit card processing industry.

Specifically, I'm looking for any research on prices paid to acquire credit card processing businesses.

TIA.

I figure that because someone in the huddle knows all there is to know about everything (nearly), I thought I'd put that to the test to see if anyone knows anything about the credit card processing industry.

Specifically, I'm looking for any research on prices paid to acquire credit card processing businesses.

TIA.

I know that its the second biggest scam going! :wacko:

TIA.

Sort of in a very indirect way. I do have some insight on cost of buying which is somewhere around 15-20x EBITDA depending on how finely tuned the company being bought is. Obviously the more you have to do to get said company to be more efficient/profitable, the less you'd be willing to pay and vice versa.

My understanding is/was that if the portfolio is growing, you pay 20-25x one months' revenue ... if the portfolio is stable, you pay 15-20x one months' revenue ... and ... if the portfolio is shrinking, you pay 10-15x one month's revenue.

I need independent and verifiable confirmation of those assumptions (or information that contradicts those assuptions). A report from a brokerage firm would work. A report from an independed research house would work. Talking to your Aunt Sally's neighbor who used to sell credit card processing four years ago while between jobs isn't gonna help me out.

My understanding is/was that if the portfolio is growing, you pay 20-25x one months' revenue ... if the portfolio is stable, you pay 15-20x one months' revenue ... and ... if the portfolio is shrinking, you pay 10-15x one month's revenue.

I need independent and verifiable confirmation of those assumptions (or information that contradicts those assuptions). A report from a brokerage firm would work. A report from an independed research house would work. Talking to your Aunt Sally's neighbor who used to sell credit card processing four years ago while between jobs isn't gonna help me out.

My Aunt Sally died in 1987, her neighbor wouldn't have had a clue how to answer your question, anyway.

My information isn't as obscure as you seemed to imply. Sorry I tried to help :wacko:

Edited by Brentastic

I had/have no idea what informatin you do/don't have. In the event the information is the former, I'd like to see it. If it's the latter, I thought I'd save you some time.

Thanks.