[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obama issues DREAM Act by Executive Order

peepinmofo

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.examiner.com/immigration-reform...1#ixzz1Q1XE4yPO

Can he try any harder to get people to like him?

This is so sad that he did this being that he was a constitutional lawyer.

Presidential directives are only used to address an economical, national security or a disaster crises. The DREAM act does not qualify as either three. I am very curious how congress will react to this...if at all.

Presidential directives are only used to address an economical, national security or a disaster crises.

Not according to wiki, but I'll defer to the lawyers here who know a hell of a lot more than I and you do:

U.S. Presidents have issued Executive Orders since 1789. Although there is no Constitutional provision or statute that explicitly permits Executive Orders, there is a vague grant of "executive power" given in Article II, Section 1, Clause 1 of the Constitution, and furthered by the declaration "take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed" made in Article II, Section 3, Clause 4. At the minimum, most Executive Orders use these Constitutional reasonings as the authorization allowing for their issuance to be justified as part of the President's sworn duties,[1] the intent being to help direct officers of the US Executive carry out their delegated duties as well as the normal operations of the Federal Government - the consequence of failing to comply possibly being the removal from office.[2]

:wacko:

Yeah. My statement made perfect sense. He is trying to get people that would normally have zero interest in his re-election, to be able to vote for him when the time comes. Just like the whole gay marriage thing. He is trying to get support. What is so hard to understand about that?

Yeah. My statement made perfect sense. He is trying to get people that would normally have zero interest in his re-election, to be able to vote for him when the time comes. Just like the whole gay marriage thing. He is trying to get support. What is so hard to understand about that?

And certainly before Obama nobody ever did that.

Something that is overwhelmingly opposed by American voters that Obama enacted by Executive Order to get American voters to vote for him?

You forgot to include that some of those "Americans" would be illegal aliens, as well as the actual Americans that are of Latino culture that would see this as a good thing. Are you saying you think the DREAM act is a good thing?

Including illegal aliens?

I don't know yet, I'm not done reviewing all 51 of the Executive Orderes 43 issued in his first year in office.

Again, so what? You think INS can't wait until a service memeber finishes their service in the combat zone before deprting their spouse?

Are you saying you think the DREAM act is a good thing?

Don't know enough about it, but I have very little problem with not deporting a spouse of someone who is serving our nation in the dirt in Afghan or Iraq.

Edited by bushwacked

Do you know what the DREAM act is?

:wacko: club stopped caring about the flood of mexican immigrants sometime around, oh, early 2009...

I happen to think the DREAM ACT is a good thing. the "DREAM Executive Order" seems to be wanting procedurally, but it's far from the worst thing he's done as president. gotta try and shore up that base with stuff like this and hope everyone outside of that particular constituency doesn't pay much attention.

You forgot to include that some of those "Americans" would be illegal aliens, as well as the actual Americans that are of Latino culture that would see this as a good thing. Are you saying you think the DREAM act is a good thing?

Are you saying illegal aliens get to vote?

:lol: club stopped caring about the flood of mexican immigrants sometime around, oh, early 2009...

I happen to think the DREAM ACT is a good thing. the "DREAM Executive Order" seems to be wanting procedurally, but it's far from the worst thing he's done as president. gotta try and shore up that base with stuff like this and hope everyone outside of that particular constituency doesn't pay much attention.

Hasnt that flood diminished since oh, early 2009? I would count that as a good thing. :wacko:

But passing this without congressional approval is vastly different than GWB writing an Executive Order for a "line of seuccession for the bureau of wildlife".

Are you saying illegal aliens get to vote?

Eventually, yes. But again, the current residents would be swayed to vote for a president that wants to keep illegal aliens here because he is showing support for the latino (or any other culture really) culture. I mention Latinos because they are the biggest group of illegals (from Mexico) as far as I know.