[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

QE3 on the horizon?

Brentastic

I made exactly 1 prediction that did not come true in the time-frame I assigned to it. Again, I have admitted this and I have moved on. I probably have a book of material on all my economic and financial knowledge yet you choose to come back to that 1 prediction that was wrong. I don't know what else to say other than, read all my posts and see the consistency of my ramblings. Hell, most of my ramblings are about the Federal Reserve and let me tell ya, there's some damn good info there - you could learn a thing or two. Most people can't predict the future you know, so I'm not sure how badly that reflects on me.

I have repeatedly said that I enjoy reading your posts Brent. :wacko:

Quick question . . . . did the Elliot Wave theory accurately predict the rally the market has had from 2009-today?

I ask because you take immense faith in the elliot Wave theory and the Fibonnaci sequence that it relies upon. You in fact, you ARE trying to predict the future. You have actually been very smug and self assured about the fool proof nature of this system. But . . . it ISNT fool proof, is it?

Also, isnt the Elliot Wave theory calling for a DEFLATIONARY depression? Isnt that tough when we seem to be in an inflationary period with pumping up the supply of money? Wouldnt we need a massive REDUCTION in available resources for the wave to be right? Plus, arent companies in a very strong position right now of REinvesting in infrastructure and their investment spending? Or are you expecting a large reduction in governmnet which can also have a deflationary effect? (seriously asking here, becasue the elliot wave doesnt seem to completely jibe with what is going on right now?)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The FED is a legalized corporation of thieves. They steal money from the working American via inflation and the fractional reserve system. They know this is stealling. They don't want us to understand their scheme. People are starting to catch on to the game.

So why should we trust them again?

I'm not sure who you're fooling or if you even really believe in what you teach. But I'm shocked that someone of your education and supposed historical research can still support this system unless you're either dumb or a knowing participant of this corrupt system. I don't think you're dumb.

You have indicated that the Fed (even assuming it is a horrible den of thieves that cannot be trusted to do right by the American people) doesn't want the economy to fail. So my question again is: If the Fed really doesn't want the economy to fail, why should we believe you when you say that the Fed's policies are (unintentionally) going to cause the economy to fail? What do you know that the Fed's economists do not know?

You have indicated that the Fed (even assuming it is a horrible den of thieves that cannot be trusted to do right by the American people) doesn't want the economy to fail. So my question again is: If the Fed really doesn't want the economy to fail, why should we believe you when you say that the Fed's policies are (unintentionally) going to cause the economy to fail? What do you know that the Fed's economists do not know?

I have believed that there will be a new system to replace this one...but I'm just not sure what that is...

I can't say they are deliberately trying to crash the current system, but if they are as smart as they are supposed to be (especially Bernanke who is apparently a genius) it seems as if the plan is to crash the current system but keep people in the dark about it so that when it starts getting real bad we can just move right along to whatever new system and everyone will be on board with it...

the problem may also be that there are a ton of people in power who don't want to move to a new system and need to be persuaded.....

and again, this is the only thing I can come up with and logically printing money can't be the solution to the current problem - even if Bernanke says this, it is not...

So the question that begs to be answered is : What is your solution to this doomsday economic meltdown that our Govt. wants and knows will happen? :wacko: Not that I don't think we are ran by a bunch of pandering thieves, hence I went Minamalist quite a while ago. I just don't think the Govt as we know it now could let this happen without a revolt of massive proportions.

It gets "cry wolfish" when the gloom and doom forcasts are never followed by solutions and or suggestions, other than "horde cash, gold and silver etc. NOW!"

I say ditch the monetary system...I've done some light reading on the benefits of a "resource based economy" but have been reading it more out of curiosity and can't take it serious yet, but so far it seems like a great idea...

one that most people can't wrap their heads around at this point and would likely be at least another 50 years away from even starting....or maybe I give us far less credit than is deserved...

the current system creates greed, starvation, violence and creates the environment we see today...we're being replaced by machines at this rate so I say let the machines do all the work and allow us to live our lives....we're so accustomed to being slaves spending all our time working for food and electricity - things that nobody really owns but people want to own them because they are "profitable".....what if you take that "incentive" out of the equation and allow things to evolve naturally instead of violently?.....the idea sounds good in theory, but most people can't handle it because it appears "unrealistic"...

http://blogs.forbes.com/afontevecchia/2011...mys-soft-patch/

I'm just wondering when more people will start to realize that all my Fed bashing is rooted in factual information. Guys like TimC and Avernus get it, there are others I'm forgetting. But everyone else - when will you realize the Fed does not care about American people? Just wait, when the economy collapses (including stocks, bonds etc...) it's going to happen abruptly. All those gains you have rubbed in my face will vanish within a few weeks. The guy who's currently calling the shots (Bernanke) admits he doesn't know what's going on. Yet, they have more 'tools' on how to deal with this 'unknown'! This is a debt-based economic system we've been forced to live in and the jig is UP. Stockpile cash, gold and silver. Don't have all your savings in a bank unless you've done thorough research about what assets are on their books. Prepare for a global depression. If you do not do these things in the coming year, I feel really sorry for what you're about to experience. It's gonna be tough enough if you're prepared.

That sounds like a prediction. Let's re-visit in a few weeks.

I'm actually not convinced that the Fed doesn't want the economy to fail. I can see it both ways. It's easy to see how the Fed could benefit from an intentional collapse, simply by owning America through all the 'bad' assets they're accumulating through POMO. Plus they're at the top of the pyramid of economic AM(erica)WAY.

But if we're assuming this is an unintentional collapse, it's not that I necessarily know something they don't know. They can see what's coming too, that's why they're trying to stop it :wacko: . This is a 10 decade avalanche of bad policies and generally flawed economic philosophy. What the Fed does fail to understand, however, is that they created an organism who now has a life of it's own and cannot be manipulated succesfully in the long-run. The Fed cannot prevent depressions, the Fed cannot sustain employment levels, the Fed cannot prevent bubbles etc... Their arrogance precedes their smarts.

I have repeatedly said that I enjoy reading your posts Brent. :wacko:

Quick question . . . . did the Elliot Wave theory accurately predict the rally the market has had from 2009-today?

I ask because you take immense faith in the elliot Wave theory and the Fibonnaci sequence that it relies upon. You in fact, you ARE trying to predict the future. You have actually been very smug and self assured about the fool proof nature of this system. But . . . it ISNT fool proof, is it?

Also, isnt the Elliot Wave theory calling for a DEFLATIONARY depression? Isnt that tough when we seem to be in an inflationary period with pumping up the supply of money? Wouldnt we need a massive REDUCTION in available resources for the wave to be right? Plus, arent companies in a very strong position right now of REinvesting in infrastructure and their investment spending? Or are you expecting a large reduction in governmnet which can also have a deflationary effect? (seriously asking here, becasue the elliot wave doesnt seem to completely jibe with what is going on right now?)

It's important to put the term money into context. Money isn't strictly cash, it's also (mainly) credit and subsequently debt. So while the cash portion of money has definitely been increased, the credit portion has increased exponentially for decades. In fact the credit portion of the money supply is probably 90+% of the money supply - that leaves only 10% of actual federal reserve notes. Imagine a scenario where half of all debt defaults. That would reduce the money supply by 45%. Even a less extreme example yields deflationary results. I really encourage people to read about banking and economics from traditional and non-traditional sources.

I say ditch the monetary system...I've done some light reading on the benefits of a "resource based economy" but have been reading it more out of curiosity and can't take it serious yet, but so far it seems like a great idea...

one that most people can't wrap their heads around at this point and would likely be at least another 50 years away from even starting....or maybe I give us far less credit than is deserved...

the current system creates greed, starvation, violence and creates the environment we see today...we're being replaced by machines at this rate so I say let the machines do all the work and allow us to live our lives....we're so accustomed to being slaves spending all our time working for food and electricity - things that nobody really owns but people want to own them because they are "profitable".....what if you take that "incentive" out of the equation and allow things to evolve naturally instead of violently?.....the idea sounds good in theory, but most people can't handle it because it appears "unrealistic"...

Good post. I've read a little about this as well. It's too 'weird' for most people, unfortunately.

Anyone else notice that the market has declined about 7.5% (S&P down 7.3%, Dow down 7.7%) since May 2?

I for one am happy every time the DOW slips . . it means we are one step closer to bartering goats for chickens, which is truly the utopia for all of humanity.

I for one am happy every time the DOW slips . . it means we are one step closer to bartering goats for chickens, which is truly the utopia for all of humanity.

a 10oz silver bar will yield me 2 head of goat...and a chicken....and that is such a minor part of my core position...:wacko:

a 10oz silver bar will yield me 2 head of goat...and a chicken....and that is such a minor part of my core position...:wacko:

Your worthless metal you can keep. Good luck trying to eat your silver.

In a true utopia society of humans, silver is just as worthless as any other shiny rock. Methinks you have been bamboolzed by Glenn Beck and his endorsement of goldline and confused it with silver.

I only stand for the truth.

In a true utopia society of humans, silver is just as worthless as any other shiny rock. Methinks you have been bamboolzed by Glenn Beck and his endorsement of goldline and confused it with silver.

:wacko: Glenn Beck I am officially insulted that you think I watch that channel, let alone that show....I might have to leave the Tailgate now....also, you seem to know way too much about his endorsements :tup:

but we're talking about 40% inflation....silver will have value then and also how much of your food can you eat before it goes bad?....and how do you know that the food you have will hold the same value elsewhere in bartering measures?....silver has a static value globally...potatoes and carrots don't...just sayin'..

also methinks you have been bamboozled by your own ignorance and lack of history knowledge....

Or perhaps you dont know anything about silver and how heavily it has always been manipulated? My advice - Do the research on it. You'll find it is a very safe investment, regardless of what happens to the economy. And if what us "tin foil hat wearers" say comes true regarding the economy, the sky is the limit for silver.

And BTW, you cant eat silver. Correct. But you can buy a hell of a lot with it including guns, ammo, hookers, beer. Sounds like a kick ass Friday night if you ask me!

There are no answers, period.

It is all about the jobs. Most every job lost is related to housing. They are not coming back. My house is for sale, 7 months, have reduced it 10% . . . so far. When the rates go up, and they will at some point, the home prices will get slammed again. At this time, 23% of homes are underwater, no reason this won't go to 50%. The social security Ponzi, setup, healthcare, etc.

The only possible solution is higher taxes for the wealthier and who knows if that is enough. No one else has anything significant to contribute. If that is a solution & they are unwilling to indulge the system, they will lose what they have, as well.

My three sons will see the worst of it.

Something "different" is on the way, IMO.

:wacko: Glenn Beck I am officially insulted that you think I watch that channel, let alone that show....I might have to leave the Tailgate now....also, you seem to know way too much about his endorsements :lol:

but we're talking about 40% inflation....silver will have value then and also how much of your food can you eat before it goes bad?....and how do you know that the food you have will hold the same value elsewhere in bartering measures?....silver has a static value globally...potatoes and carrots don't...just sayin'..

also methinks you have been bamboozled by your own ignorance and lack of history knowledge....

Or perhaps you dont know anything about silver and how heavily it has always been manipulated? My advice - Do the research on it. You'll find it is a very safe investment, regardless of what happens to the economy. And if what us "tin foil hat wearers" say comes true regarding the economy, the sky is the limit for silver.

And BTW, you cant eat silver. Correct. But you can buy a hell of a lot with it including guns, ammo, hookers, beer. Sounds like a kick ass Friday night if you ask me!

Holy Christ I cant believe both of you took that post seriously. :tup:

Why does it have to be so primitive? If we rid ourselves of all forms of money, that doesn't mean we have to live in the stone age. Open your mind and realize we can progress without money. Money is just an idea backed by nothing. You can still have progress and nice things without money.