[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

the dog maulers surprise me

frenzal rhomb

I don't think that there is any really reason for you to be apprehensive.

It sounds like he filed a claim with his insurance company. He may not have done it timely. He may not have coverage. He may not be sufficiently cooperating with them.

In any event, the insurance company has a duty to investigate the claim. If they determine that there is coverage and if you demostrate your damages to their satisfaction, they will probably cut you a chack. Call me crazy, but I think that you'll want to cooperate with them.

Call the person back. Ask them what they want and why they want it. If that person answers your questions to your satisfaction, provide them with the documents that they ask for.

There is no need to be coy or cute.

Exactly. If you want to get paid...cooperate. You may or may not have future damages. You can hire an attorney and split the check with him. But I'd just tell the insurance company everything and explain that your dog may incur future bills. See what happens.

Exactly. If you want to get paid...cooperate. You may or may not have future damages. You can hire an attorney and split the check with him. But I'd just tell the insurance company everything and explain that your dog may incur future bills. See what happens.

i have no trouble cooperating as long as I know they arent going to cut him the check and think he will allocate the funds to the proper location. Again, filed false tax returns, stole 17 k from an ambulance company, and collected comp while working. Even if, and I doubt it, he has good intentions, once that check for 5600.00 is in his hands - he will keep it.

i have no trouble cooperating as long as I know they arent going to cut him the check and think he will allocate the funds to the proper location. Again, filed false tax returns, stole 17 k from an ambulance company, and collected comp while working. Even if, and I doubt it, he has good intentions, once that check for 5600.00 is in his hands - he will keep it.

I don't think that you have much to worry about.

To begin with, the insurance company is not going to give the guy any money. Why would they give him a windfall, particularly when it wouldn't reduce its exposure at all? More than likely, that restitution order does not preclude you from filing a civil action. In which case, presuming coverage, the insurance company would have to defend and maybe indemnify the guy.

So the resitituion order doesn't mean much to the insurance company. That order may includes penalties and the like that you could not obtain in a civil action, which an insurance company may not be willing to pay. I wouldn't expect them to pony up a check for $5,600, but you never know. I have no idea what you would be entitled to recover in a civil action under your state's laws.

I don't think that you have much to worry about.

To begin with, the insurance company is not going to give the guy any money. Why would they give him a windfall, particularly when it wouldn't reduce its exposure at all? More than likely, that restitution order does not preclude you from filing a civil action. In which case, presuming coverage, the insurance company would have to defend and maybe indemnify the guy.

So the resitituion order doesn't mean much to the insurance company. That order may includes penalties and the like that you could not obtain in a civil action, which an insurance company may not be willing to pay. I wouldn't expect them to pony up a check for $5,600, but you never know. I have no idea what you would be entitled to recover in a civil action under your state's laws.

no - the 5600.00 is all expenses - legit and documented. No fees, no penalties. All straight vefrifiable out of pockets as a result of his dog getting out of the yard

no - the 5600.00 is all expenses - legit and documented. No fees, no penalties. All straight vefrifiable out of pockets as a result of his dog getting out of the yard

Then you should be good to go.

Even had a car accident where someone hit you? I have, twice. :wacko: Both times, I talked to their insurance company and not the driver after the accident. The insurance company took care of the damages with a check made out to me once we had estimates done. I would think this is a very similar thing.

• 4 months later...
well finally, seven months post attck I saw my first check. $3163.00 sent from the district magistrate. 3000.00 of it from the insuarnce claim and 163.00 of it from his business empire.

2400.00 to go and I will be whole/hole

Sweet! You could buy a few more quality dogs for that amount, or dozens of merely adequate ones.

Good news. :wacko:

yeah - thanks. The 163.00 actually means more to me than the 3k. When he stood there in court and threatened me and said "you aint getting a penny out of me" I could have murdered him.

Now the prick is writing checks and he has to think about my smiling face every time he does.

yeah - thanks. The 163.00 actually means more to me than the 3k. When he stood there in court and threatened me and said "you aint getting a penny out of me" I could have murdered him.

Now the prick is writing checks and he has to think about my smiling face every time he does.

:wacko: