[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Demaryius Thomas

mrbass24

I know it's early to start thinking about your final rosters after cuts (in Dynasty Leagues) but Who's Holding and Who's Not..

I got him in one league and have 2 years left on him and will have a few rookies I would like to add a extra year to this year.

Can't decide to if he makes the cut or not after the torn achilles tendon, with only 2 left and this year pretty much a waste

Demaryius Thomas, by the way...... :wacko:

Edited by mrbass24

He'll start the year on the PUP and will be lucky to see any playing time at all. I invested a high pick in him his rookie year and was heartbroken when he went down. I've since moved on and have included him in recent trades. Not sure if he he'll ever make an impact after 2 years off the field. Its worth noting, however, that besides Decker, Denver has not addressed the WR position via the draft. They may more than I...in fact, I'm sure of it.

Supposedly had Calvin Johnson type talent (?) but at very least had the same kind of measurables and build. Bummer for him that he has to start his career with such a large hill to climb. I think he's in a situation, though, that he can flourish in, if his rehab goes according to plan. If I owned him, I would most certainly NOT cut bait. No way.

it all depends on who you want to drop him for?

DT might return as a TE, but as mentioned, he'll likely miss half this season.

Why in the world would he return as a TE? You just drafted you future TE. That makes zero sense. Explain mister!

Regardless of who was or wasn't drafted, he suffered a significant injury and the local media said that there's a decent enough change that he won't have the burst to play WR, so they'd try him at TE.=

Local media :wacko:/

Well/there you have it. He doesn't have the frame or blocking skills to be an effective TE. I'd consider that media hyper-boyle if I were you.

Local media is Alfred Williams and Mark Shlerth, so I think they know more than we do.

Back to the point, what does DT do if he lost his explosiveness that made him a top WR prospect?

Slot.

To re-hash the TE thing..name me a top wr prospect that has transitioned into an effective TE. :wacko:

Local media is Alfred Williams and Mark Shlerth, so I think they know more than we do.

Williams is convinced that Newton is a better QB than Tebow by a wide margin and will not tolerate any arguing of his opinion, also (He's also not very coy as to why he thinks that). That pretty much sums up his credibility.

Thomas has to show he can get onto the field for any meaningful time before DEN even considers him as a water boy, much less a WR, TE, or whatever other position the media wants him to play.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Now I'm waiting for BB to ride in on his snow covered horse and defend the local print.

:wacko:

Ask anyone who knows me what I think of the press - especially DEN sports writers. But thanks for taking the time to drop trou and provide a good laugh...

Edited by Bronco Billy

I'll confess I never understood why people got so enamored with Thomas... It's almost like people are looking at him and seeing a Calvin Johnson type guy, just because of the size and speed, but he really hasn't shown much else besides that..

For one thing, how many people watched him in that GA Tech triple-option offense? His playbook consisted of literally 3 plays (and I wouldn't be surprised if they were all "go deep")... Pretty much they show the option nearly every play, and then burn them with Thomas when they bite on it too much.

So with yet another new system to learn, at best I wouldn't touch him before his 3rd year, but is there much that others have seen that really makes them think that this guy is a top receiver prospect? He's big, fast and smart enough to graduate from Tech, but is that enough to become the centerpiece of a crowded WR corp? Honest question.

So with yet another new system to learn, at best I wouldn't touch him before his 3rd year, but is there much that others have seen that really makes them think that this guy is a top receiver prospect? He's big, fast and smart enough to graduate from Tech, but is that enough to become the centerpiece of a crowded WR corp? Honest question.

I think this is exactly the problem with figuring WRs coming into the NFL. Just because a guy is unstoppable at the college level doesn't mean he can even be mediocre at the NFL level. I've made the mistake as much as anyone of getting sold on a guy's college game - I burned a 1st round rookie pick on Hardy as the first WR off the board in one league, and I was certain Rashaun Woods would make the transition to the NFL and be a stud after watching his turn college CBs inside out.

I think the biggest problem is the increase in the level of opposition when going from college CBs to pro CBs. A lot of college CBs are converted speedy WRs who have crappy hands, so their coaches find a spot for them on the other side of the ball. NFL CBs play CB for a living. Even the lousy ones are way better than the vast majority of the college guys.

When WRs come into the league and are faced with so much stronger opposition, some of them simply realize they don't have what it takes at the next level and give up. This seems to apply especially to guys like Thomas, who have outrageous height/weight/measurables and were used to burning the lousy college CBs but then realize they need a lot more than physical gifts to beat pro CBs. Plus WRs seem to be such needy headcases in some instances, and the blow to their egos is probably pretty big.

Anyway, that's my theory on the whole thing, and why it's so difficult to predict which WRs will pan out when they come into the NFL. There's just no way to measure that kind of stuff before they get extensive work against pro CBs.

If I had DT on my roster, I don't believe I could shed him just yet as I likely paid a high draft pick to acquire him... one more season and his ass is out on the street though.

That said, it's doubtful he'll ever come back.

Ronald Curry came back twice from a torn Achilles.. when it happened a third time he called it a career.

Edited by byron2112