[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No Tour de France thread?

Furd

I'm not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to cycling. But my man Thor Hushovd has had a great start to this thing and he is wearing yellow, for a few more stages I hope.

He even led out a sprint for his teammate American Tyler Ferrar (who won the stage, on the 4th of July no less) while wearing the yellow jersey. I wonder if that has ever been done before?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the tour da france?

wait... that's the "sport" that's more boring than any other sporting event known to man, right? Get off the road, you're blocking traffic.

Get with the time... Women's World Cup futbol is where the action is this time of year!!!

What's the tour da france?

wait... that's the "sport" that's more boring than any other sporting event known to man, right? Get off the road, you're blocking traffic.

Get with the time... Women's World Cup futbol is where the action is this time of year!!!

I swear to god, If I hadn't known you for the past 18 years I would think you're a homo for writing that last sentence...

I swear to god, If I hadn't known you for the past 18 years I would think you're a homo for writing that last sentence...

Thank god you never found that chloroform I had hidden... and you always wondered why your ass hurt in the morning. :wacko:

wait... that's the "sport" that's more boring than any other sporting event known to man, right?

Golf, soccer, and cricket are known to man, so that would not be it.

Rough day out there today - 7 of Rabo's 9 riders crashed, Radio Shack lost Jani Brackovic, and I'm curious to see if Boonen makes it to the start tomorrow, he looked pretty beat up.

Rough day out there today - 7 of Rabo's 9 riders crashed, Radio Shack lost Jani Brackovic, and I'm curious to see if Boonen makes it to the start tomorrow, he looked pretty beat up.

Were they riding through traffic at a red light so they could get in front of the cars and slow them down when the light turned green again? I'm guessing then that someone drove them off the road and made them crash.

I somehow failed to catch the genius of this in the original thread:

Today's pet peeves are bikers. Not bad assed, Harley riding m-fers but those massive tools who wear those faggy spandex pants to attract other molesters

Like baseball and pro basketball, I start watching when they get to the "play-offs". In this case, when they hit the mountains and the major time trials. Until then, again, like hoops and baseball, I just check the boxscores to see how everyone is doing.

Certainly pulling for Schleck after the sleazy move Contador pulled last year to put what was ultimately the winning margin into Andy and the field.

+1

It's a bit annoying to watch three hours to see it come down to a sprint.

Or see 8 random dudes who have no shot at the overall lead see if they can hold off the peleton, only to ultimately get swallowed by it anyway. And if they don't it's because nobody really cared anyway.

I mean, not to take anything away from it. I'm sure it's thrilling as hell for the guys and their friends to pull that off, but I just don't find it all that compelling. Well, not compelling enough to watch anymore than the last 10 minutes if I happen to come across it at just the right time.

Geez, what a rough tour - Cadel Evans, the Schlecks, and Andreas Kloden are in really good shape mainly by virtue of having nothing bad/weird happen to them. Whatever gremlin was riding shotgun with Armstrong last year seems to have taken up with Contador this year.

Some unbelievable crashes - this really irked me, the driving was inexcusable; even moreso given the situation of 5 guys in a breakaway going for a potential stage win. It's the equivalent of a guy on his way to a td in the Super Bowl running cameraman that ran out into the middle of the field.

The two guys who got waylaid - Flecha and Hoogerland - got back on their bikes and rode the final 20 mi to the finish. Hoogerland on the podium getting his KoM jersey. Nobody has to like the sport, but you can't say these guys aren't tough.

Edited by Chavez

Nobody has to like the sport, but you can't say these guys aren't tough.

F'n A. Go to 9000 ft above sea level in 90 degree heat and do a 7% incline for just 1/2 a mile and then talk poop.

dude cries because he gets to wear a fabulous polka-dot shirt?

possibly not the best clip to convince people that cyclists are tough... :wacko:

Well, he did fly through the air into a barbed wire fence, hop back on his bike, and ride 20 miles in about an hour to go get his polka-dot shirt. Then went to the hospital for 33 stitches.

In context, yeah, I'd say that's pretty tough.

Well, he did fly through the air into a barbed wire fence, hop back on his bike, and ride 20 miles in about an hour to go get his polka-dot shirt. Then went to the hospital for 33 stitches.

Those guys ALWAYS have the best drugs! :wacko:

Certainly, but Azz has a point. I doubt he was debating the toughness involved in doing what he did, but I'm certainly among the bigger cycling fans on the site and even I wonder what the hell is up with a freaking polka dot jersey.

Certainly, but Azz has a point. I doubt he was debating the toughness involved in doing what he did, but I'm certainly among the bigger cycling fans on the site and even I wonder what the hell is up with a freaking polka dot jersey.

I'll defend the comfort of a cycling kit any time, any place, but when it comes down to it, what is up with about half* of the cycling kits out there?

* - actually, in the past decade they've veered from making the error of being heinously ugly to being heinously bland. Footon-Servetto excepted.

In the interest of making Azz happy...you can't say these guys aren't tough.

That's Johnny Hoogerland (or his posterior, I suppose) prior to getting back onto his bike and riding 20-ish miles to go get his fabulous polka-dot jersey and cry on the podium. And go get 33 stitches.

Then he rested and rode 100 mi today.

Edited by Chavez