[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Something to cross of my bucket list

Menudo

Though I am a big music fan, I have not gone to a lot of concerts. I am a big-time Beatles fan. I have their entire collection downloaded, as well as all of their solo work and work with other bands. I've read countless books on the Beatles, particularly McCartney and Lennon and find them fascinating. Tomorrow night, I'm taking my Mom, Aunt & Sister to the McCartney concert at Yankee Stadium. We are in the club section near home plate, and the stage is in the outfield, so, we will be a bit away, but, I'm still extremely excited. I have wanted to see him live for a long time. I'm sure he isn't as good as he used to be, but, at least i'll get to see him. He may not have many tours left in him. I'm also taking my family to the Chart House that looks over Manhattan for lunch. I've been there before, and I know my family will absolutely love the view, as I reserved a window table over a month ago.

Adding to my excitement is the rumor that Billy Joel will be joining him on stage for several songs. It's only a rumor, but, if true, I will be extremely happy, as he is also one of my favorites.

There is also someone online who said he was able to leak out his set-list. He did say there will be at least 4 encore songs that aren't on the set-list as well. It is a pretty strong set, but, I'm disappointed that "Blackbird" & "I'm Looking Through You" are not on there, as they are two of my personal favorites. I love that "Imagine" is on there. I wouldn't be upset if this was the playlist.

- "Please Please Me"

- "All You Need Is Love"

- "Helter Skelter"

- "Revolution 9"

- "Bad Romance"

- "Billie Jean"

- "For You Blue"

- "Imagine"

- "I Kissed A Girl"

- "Band On The Run"

- "California"

- "Love Me Do"

- "Yellow Submarine"

- "All My Loving"

- "Hey Jude"

- "Tik-Tok"

- "Dance Tonight"

- "Good Night"

- "Billionaire"

- "One Love/People Get Ready"

- "Lady Madonna"

- "Help"

- "Something"

- "Let it Be"

- "Buffalo Soldier"

- "The End"

Anyway, this was definitely on my bucket list, so, I'm extremely excited. A chance to get away from the stress that has been hounding me lately will be a good thing as well. We are also going to a local bar tonight to watch a local band "The Ryan Wickerhsam Band" If you are interested, do a search for him on Youtube. I think he is very talented, and he puts on a good show. :wacko:

Edited by Menudo

You're gonna have a great time. He's one of the few shows I shelled out triple digits for - and it was a BARGAIN. You don't often get to sing along with every word from every song, and if he solos Blackbird acoustically you just might cry. My show had the added bonus of two 14 year girls screaming their heads off like it was 1962 - which actually made it the perfect ambiance. :wacko:

I went in with high expectations, and they were still blown away. This was one of those nights that I shared with my Mom, Sister & Aunt that I will never forget. We were all blown away. Paul is 69 years old, and if you close your eyes and listen to him, he sounds the same as he did 40 years ago. He also played for about 3 hours and 30 minutes, and the only breaks he took were during the two encore calls. Billy Joel came out and played "I Saw Her Standing There" with him, which was sensational. It was a phenomenal night that I will never forget !!! :wacko:

Edited by Menudo

saw him in 1990 at the Vet in Philly, very good show

+1....voice isn't as strong as 20 years ago, but still a great showman, and knowing every song by heart is a pretty cool way to see a concert.

Enjoy :tup:

ETA: glad it lived up to your expectations....69 years old? that means I saw him when he was almost 50 back in the early 90's :wacko:

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

I went in with high expectations, and they were still blown away. This was one of those nights that I shared with my Mom, Sister & Aunt that I will never forget. We were all blown away. Paul is 69 years old, and if you close your eyes and listen to him, he sounds the same as he did 40 years ago. He also played for about 3 hours and 30 minutes, and the only breaks he took were during the two encore calls. Billy Joel came out and played "I Saw Her Standing There" with him, which was sensational. It was a phenomenal night that I will never forget !!! :wacko:

Glad you enjoyed it!!