[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

An amazing man...

rocknrobn26

I honestly cannot think of any people I have more respect and admiration for than medal of honor winners. Once awarded the medal, they should allow them to take a big cash reward and retire and never pay taxes. To think people idolize idiot overpaid athletes and not these guys makes me sick to my stomach.

so the guy is shot in both legs, sees a grenade, somehow manages to process that it's not one of his, throws it, loses his hand, and somehow thinks, "hey, this isn't spraying like it does in hollywood?"

fookin' amazing.

So how does he lose a hand so 'cleanly', but not get the rest of him destroyed? Or did the rest of him get injured, but it just healed up well enough?

From what I read, he was injured (lost hand, etc.) on his 5th tour. He has also done a 6th tour! :wacko:

I honestly cannot think of any people I have more respect and admiration for than medal of honor winners. Once awarded the medal, they should allow them to take a big cash reward and retire and never pay taxes. To think people idolize idiot overpaid athletes and not these guys makes me sick to my stomach.

Very well said. I would like to see this guy treated like royalty for the rest of his life.

This is a true hero. :wacko:

I watched the ceremony on TV. Pretty cool. Goosebumps.

From what I recall:

Believe it's 8 total tours. Pretty sure it was 2 in Iraq and 6 in Afghanistan.

Shot in both legs, picks up live grenade #2 and it explodes as he is releasing it. Has shrapnel to the face and upper body, hand is blown off, but has the presence of mind to put on his own tournaquet with his only remaining hand. And also called in for re-enforcements and gives status report on the radio. All while his 2 buddies were laying there dazed from the first grenade that exploded near them.

Wow.

He could have left the service, but re-enlisted instead.

The act he's awarded for happened during the 7th tour. He went back for an 8th (so far).

Yes. And he's not the only one to have done it.

If he can qualify on his job still and pass a medical board, he can stay in and do the same duties. Maybe he can shoot a gun quite well with his other hand. Maybe they make him just a radio operator or something, who knows.