[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Braves Pirates

dfv87

I know sports like baseball pride themselves on bad calls are part of the game but some of these calls are so bad, even a grade school ump can get it right. I mean glaringly wrong calls need to be corrected. For example last year in the Det perfect game... or this brain fart of a call for Atl vs Pitt. WHat is the procedure for umpires after a botched call with the league... he is scheduled for 3rd base tonight. last year the ump had home plate the next night...

Now imagine if you were working for a multi-BILLION dollar company and botched a call on something that was obvious to everybody else... How many people would be looking for a new job or at least spending the day or week at home thinking over the situation...

If a player makes a bone headed play that costs a game, he is looking at a triple A bus tour...

Opinions? I think there needs to be repercussions for these umps just like players.

Edited by dfv87

I know sports like baseball pride themselves on bad calls are part of the game but some of these calls are so bad, even a grade school ump can get it right. I mean glaringly wrong calls need to be corrected. For example last year in the Det perfect game... or this brain fart of a call for Atl vs Pitt. WHat is the procedure for umpires after a botched call with the league... he is scheduled for 3rd base tonight. last year the ump had home plate the next night...

Now imagine if you were working for a multi-BILLION dollar company and botched a call on something that was obvious to everybody else... How many people would be looking for a new job or at least spending the day or week at home thinking over the situation...

If a player makes a bone headed play that costs a game, he is looking at a triple A bus tour...

Opinions? I think there needs to be repercussions for these umps just like players.

How many decisions made at multi-BILLION dollar companies have to made in less than 1/4 of a second?

I watched the game and the runner was out, but the catcher did indeed come very close to missing the tag

How many decisions made at multi-BILLION dollar companies have to made in less than 1/4 of a second?

I watched the game and the runner was out, but the catcher did indeed come very close to missing the tag

The fact that the reporters were screaming bloody murder didn't help either.

I saw the highlight and with the first angle showed, I thought he whiffed, too. I can only imagine how difficult it must have been for the ump, in the 19th inning of the game.

That said, there's no reason baseball shouldn't employ instant replay for certain calls.

I saw the highlight and with the first angle showed, I thought he whiffed, too. I can only imagine how difficult it must have been for the ump, in the 19th inning of the game.

That said, there's no reason baseball shouldn't employ instant replay for certain calls.

I don't like instant replay the way it is implemented in either football or baseball. It's just an excuse for yet another commercial break so God only knows how long games would last if more baseball calls were subject to IR.

I don't like instant replay the way it is implemented in either football or baseball. It's just an excuse for yet another commercial break so God only knows how long games would last if more baseball calls were subject to IR.

:tup: You think that's the reason instant replay was instituted? :lol:

Actually, I'm seeing more broadcasts NOT go to commercial break when there's a play being reviewed. :wacko:

:tup: You think that's the reason instant replay was instituted? :lol:

Actually, I'm seeing more broadcasts NOT go to commercial break when there's a play being reviewed. :wacko:

Not the reason for IR, just the way it's implemented. Big 10 gets IR done in a few seconds. Why does baseball have to have all four umpires troop off down the tunnel to go look at the TV in back?

Replay has basically made the NFL unwatchable. Baseball is already unwatchable in it's current form -- please no replay. I wish they would kill all the replay in the NFL. I miss the mistakes to be honest. It's humans playing humans. I know I'm in the minority.