[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vince Young an Eagle

Avernus

I don't think any of us really knows enough about Vick or VY to accurately assess their respective intelligences. We see what we want to see, we read what we want to read, and we form an opinion. Regardless, I highly doubt any QB can last in the NFL unless they have some brains. Maybe the jury is out on VY in that department. But I'd be more worried about work ethic than anything else. How much effort would VY put into learning the playbook and being ready for WHEN Vick gets hurt?

I'd be more worried about work ethic than anything else. How much effort would VY put into learning the playbook and being ready for WHEN Vick gets hurt?

Knowing Reid and the Eagles, he'd be cut before we ever had the chance to find out. We'll know before training camp ends if Young is serious about resurrecting a flailing career.

Knowing Reid and the Eagles, he'd be cut before we ever had the chance to find out. We'll know before training camp ends if Young is serious about resurrecting a flailing career.

first farve, now young. when vick gets hurt ya'll are flucked.

first farve, now young. when vick gets hurt ya'll are flucked.

Pretty much the same way any team with a top-10 QB would be flucked if the starter got hurt....how would the Saints look without Brees? Colts without Manning? Pack without Rodgers? Seems we'd all be paddling up the same muddy creek :wacko:

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

Vick scored a 20, which was 27th of the starting QBs last year....Young scored a 15, which was 29th.

and just FYI....Marino, Kelly and Bradshaw also scored 15's, so not sure its the most accurate measure out there?

Point is, both Vick and Young both strike me as below-average in the intelligence department, and Reid was able to take a QB who many wondered if he was capable of running a complicated offense and turn him into an MVP-candidate. If he can do just half that with Young in a back-up role, I think we'll be fine using him in that capacity.

VY scored a 6 or lower....

First of all Vince Young has a big chip on his shoulder so he definitly has something to prove. That being said, if Vick goes down, the eagles go down. No offense but Vince Young is not even in the same league as Vick. Vick is operating on a whole other level guys. Your talking about a guy who can be a QB and a partial RB on your fantasy team. Will he get hurt? Probably. Will Vince Young be a serviceable back up? no. He's like the generic less talented version of Vick. Thats not going to cut it. They should have found a decent pocket passer for a back up. But I dunno he could suprise us all.

Edited by themiraclejones

VY on the other hand isn't a playmaker in the NFL.

...which is why the best he could do is be signed as a back-up. Can Reid work with him (as he did with Vick) and make him relevant again? That remains to be seen. I think we can all be honest and admit that, at one point not too many years ago, VY was a pretty dangerous QB on the ground with a gun of an arm. If he can learn the very basic reads of this system, then take off if his first read is covered, and just not turn it over....he can certainly back-up and/or start a game or two.

If the defense gels with all its new parts....the offense may not have to score much more than 20 points a game...that takes a ton of pressure off whoever is under center..