[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tentative debt deal reached

muck

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like a pretty good plan to me. if they're going to do another "bipartisan debt commission", make sure the president can't simply ignore this one like he did the last.

That'll be the same commission that couldn't even muster enough votes for it's own work? That one?

Before we all comment on the things we don't like about the compromise, this definitely helps America.

I just wish it wouldn't have been such a three ring circus.

Isn't you saying, "...this definitely helps America." making a comment? A positive one, but a comment none the less!

I agree with both your comment AND Az' comment. What is wrong with hoping that a "Bipartisan" debt commission is not ignored by this, or any president?

You are so partisan, you just cannot be intellectually honest. Take a chill pill dude. :wacko:

That'll be the same commission that couldn't even muster enough votes for it's own work? That one?

they had enough votes to issue recommendations. some of the folks on the commission didn't sign on because they knew the recommendations had no teeth either way. that is a problem they appear to have fixed this time around. I see that as a good thing.

:wacko: perhaps I can learn from you how to be less partisan?

No, I don't pretend to be non-partisan. But when the bare minimum details of a plan has barely leaked through the media and a seemingly intelligent fellow who I assumed had some good intentions, as yourself, immediately kneejerks to spin it politically, it's a bit telling about what you're genuinely all about. And that makes me sad.

Edited by bushwacked

How?

Because, the debt ceiling has been proven time and time again a substantive mechanism of the world economy and your symbolic end of times prophecy projections are currently running 0 for 760,764.

Edited by bushwacked

Because, the debt ceiling has been proven time and time again a substantive mechanism of the world economy and your symbolic end of times prophecy projections are currently running 0 for 760,764.

You really have no idea of what 'money' is or what a healthy economy is. Sadly you are the average citizen. :wacko:

your comment went full retard from beginning to end....when was the last time this did anything for the economy...and for exactly how long?

Here is you from Feb 2010.

You are so not average. Congrats, keep up the good work.

the only strength in your argument is to argue like a housewife by bringing up one instance where someone was wrong to support your current argument where you are absolutely clueless....the fact is that you can't even support your argument....you just think that raising the debt ceiling is a good idea - why?

the only strength in your argument is to argue like a housewife by bringing up one instance where someone was wrong to support your current argument where you are absolutely clueless....the fact is that you can't even support your argument....you just think that raising the debt ceiling is a good idea - why?

One instance? :wacko: there's probably a least 40+. Amd your question as posed is bs, it's not necessarily what it does but what it prevents, such as a catastrophic market result. Now, you can opine all you want about that, but like it or not that's the way the world works currently, so deal with it.

One instance? :wacko:there's probably a least 40+. Amd your question as posed is bs, it's not necessarily what it does but what it prevents, such as a catastrophic market result. Now, you can opine all you want about that, but like it or not that's the way the world works currently, so deal with it.

This is where your perception is dead fracking wrong. I made 1 grand prediction about the market hitting a certain level by a certain time and I was wrong and have admitted as much several times. 99% of my babbling revolves around the horrible institution of the Federal reserve and how I think we're in the early stages of a depression that will see a major stock market decline during this time. I've also reiterated that a cash-heavy position is the optimal safe investment during this depression. My timeline for this has remained consistent in that it will happen over the next several years (5-10). I know it's easy for people like you to be easily confused and take other people's perceptions and make them your own truth and I'm sorry for you. That's really gotta suck to be that reliant on others to formulate your own opinions.

It's possible some may read this thread and come to the conclusion it has gone off-topic.

Focus, please.

:wacko:

When I see a thread about US politics/policy, this enlightening discussion is what I have come to expect. At some point, I will figure out how to avoid them.

This is where your perception is dead fracking wrong. I made 1 grand prediction about the market hitting a certain level by a certain time and I was wrong and have admitted as much several times. 99% of my babbling revolves around the horrible institution of the Federal reserve and how I think we're in the early stages of a depression that will see a major stock market decline during this time. I've also reiterated that a cash-heavy position is the optimal safe investment during this depression. My timeline for this has remained consistent in that it will happen over the next several years (5-10). I know it's easy for people like you to be easily confused and take other people's perceptions and make them your own truth and I'm sorry for you. That's really gotta suck to be that reliant on others to formulate your own opinions.

No, you have helped me formulate my opinion about you. That's it. And no, you've made more than one wrong prediction here.

That's really gotta suck to keep lying about what you've said in order to appear correct.