[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Atlanta Huddlers

Big Country

It's beautiful, clean and mountainous. There is enough industry so it doesn't feel like a third world country, but it's definitely small-town america. One of my favorite motorcycle rides is to go up through Dahlonega and around the mountain through Suches GA, then ride 129 on up to Blairsville (NC border, 40 miles N). Very family friendly. Couple of big parks that have rivers running through them up there, plus he's within an hour's drive of tons of other stuff, and less than 2 hours from ATL if he needs the big city. Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg TN is also around 2 hours away.

I don't know the area like WVA but my in-laws have a house in nearby Blairsville and it is a wondeful area. Just make sure your friend owns a pickup truck.

When I was younger and most concerned about hanging out with friends every night, the city is where I wanted to be; everything else was rural and boring. As I got older, suburbia was/is the best place to raise my kids, even if the commute was a bit longer. But places like Dahlonega are where I'll hopefully end up one day. :wacko:

Edited by Apathy

I don't know the area like WVA but my in-laws have a house in nearby Blairsville and it is a wondeful area. Just make sure your friend owns a pickup truck.

When I was younger and most concerned about hanging out with friends every night, the city is where I wanted to be; everything else was rural and boring. As I got older, suburbia was/is the best place to raise my kids, even if the commute was a bit longer. But places like Dahlonega are where I'll hopefully end up one day. :tup:

I have no info on the Dolongacowabunga area, but just had to reply to this post. It's so strange but true. Part of me loves city life and Austin is such a neat city with SO much to do. We kinda live up in the 'burbs but it's kind of a ghetto/barrio 'burb, so I'm ready to get outta here. Part of me thinks a nicer suburban subdivision would be the way to go, part of me just wants to move 40-50 miles outside of the city to a place where I can buy a little house built in the 30's or 40's and just live the small town life. :wacko:

I have no info on the Dolongacowabunga area, but just had to reply to this post. It's so strange but true. Part of me loves city life and Austin is such a neat city with SO much to do. We kinda live up in the 'burbs but it's kind of a ghetto/barrio 'burb, so I'm ready to get outta here. Part of me thinks a nicer suburban subdivision would be the way to go, part of me just wants to move 40-50 miles outside of the city to a place where I can buy a little house built in the 30's or 40's and just live the small town life. :wacko:

Austin ~ Athens = awesome

North GA mountains ~ North Texas = beautiful

BC, if you or him got any questions, I got family and friends all over and outside this city and have lived here all my life... Would also be happy to let you know anything I can...

Austin ~ Athens = awesome

North GA mountains ~ North Texas = beautiful

BC, if you or him got any questions, I got family and friends all over and outside this city and have lived here all my life... Would also be happy to let you know anything I can...

NORTH Texas? With all due respect to one of our fearless leaders here, north Texas is a dustbowl. CENTRAL Texas (the hill country) is where it's at.

Sorry, don't want to hijack. I do know that that part of Georgia is simply gorgeous.