[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rick Perry

CaP'N GRuNGe

So you are telling me that since 2009, Texas has seen job creation?

Yes, in real numbers but the population has increased at a faster rate and said population growth accounted for most of the job growth as noted in my newstory rather than any specific Perry policies.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is a great read and a thorough account of the texas jobs numbers

Full disclosure: I don't like Rick Perry for our next president. I have my reasons that aren't worth going into here. However, when I was watching the GOP debate and pro-Perry people started bringing up Rick Perry's job numbers as a cudgel against other candidates, I looked into the BLS data on Texas jobs. Having familiarized myself with the data, I started noticing claims on the Texas jobs data that started popping up that directly contradicted what I was seeing in the data. So I wanted to clear up a couple of these common misconceptions.

population has increased at a faster rate and said population growth accounted for most of the job growth as noted in my newstory rather than any specific Perry policies.

or has job growth accounted for most of the population growth? it's a chicken-and-egg question. why would so many people be leaving states like california and michigan and flocking toward texas? if people move from one state to another, it is generally because, 1) they have a job lined up, or 2) they expect they will have an easier time finding a job. they're certainly not moving to texas for the climate, culture, or natural beauty.

Edited by Azazello1313

or has job growth accounted for most of the population growth? it's a chicken-and-egg question. why would so many people be leaving states like california and michigan and flocking toward texas? if people move from one state to another, it is generally because, 1) they have a job lined up, or 2) they expect they will have an easier time finding a job. they're certainly not moving to texas for the climate, culture, or natural beauty.

Maybe they are retiring there.

Does anyone have any believable stats on the "oil bloom"? It would seem adding jobs in that industry is in contradiction to other things, namely reduced demand/increased price of oil. Though I can see how they could be starting to pull more oil out of the ground in Texas and elswhere if the Gulf is now off limits. I just don't know enough about that industry.

For the guy on the go, our all-season suit separates boast 100% wool that's treated for wrinkle- and stain-resistance to keep you looking good throughout the day.

Sounds like the guy wearing camo in Seinfeld writing for the J Peterman catalog.

Perry; Evolution just a theory with gaps

Great, another one of those guys. :wacko:

Let's look at this statement:

What is evolution referred to as in the scientific community, a "Theory", right?

In this theory we do not have ALL of the lineage indicating the procession of evolution from species to species or within species, thus there are "Gaps".

I accept evolution as a fact, but, must acknowledge that evolution is a theory and that gaps in the evolutionary history of species exists.

ETA: :tup:

Edited by SEC=UGA

Let's look at this statement:

What is evolution referred to as in the scientific community, a "Theory", right?

In this theory we do not have ALL of the lineage indicating the procession of evolution from species to species or within species, thus there are "Gaps".

I accept evolution as a fact, but, must acknowledge that evolution is a theory and that gaps in the evolutionary history of species exists.

ETA: :wacko:

: :tup:

The war of words against Rick Perry continues to escalate, with frequent rogue Republican Bruce Bartlett getting in on the action:

Former Treasury official Bruce Bartlett labeled newly-minted Republican presidential candidate Rick Perry "an idiot" Friday.

Bartlett, who served at Treasury under former President George H.W. Bush and as a domestic policy adviser to the late President Ronald Reagan, delivered the choice words to the Texas Gov. in reference to his recent comments about Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke.

"Rick Perry's an idiot, and I don't think anyone would disagree with that," Bartlett said Friday on CNN's "American Morning."

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/61706.html

This may be the most entertaining election cycle ever.

Edited by rbmcdonald

Az didn't come across as an 8-year old who just learned some new swear words desperately trying to be funny around the cooler older kids.

Swear words?

You thin skinned people never cease to amaze me. When will you and BP realize this is just a message board and you don't have to take things serious.

Plus I am 100% convinced that if you made the same crack that i did about me as opposed to me making it about you BP would not have given tewo craps about it.

:wacko:

Just another prime example of how the left wing media picks snippets of speeches to try and show conservatives in a negative light... :wacko:

You thin skinned people never cease to amaze me. When will you and BP realize this is just a message board and you don't have to take things serious.

:wacko: You have brought it up in what now....five or six separate threads? This is the bane of your current existence on the huddle.

Believe me when I say it didn't bother me. You just come across as an excitable ham-handed spaz when you attempt to be funny on the innernets.

It appears we're off track. I wanted to talk about the theory of evolution and how there a gaps in this theory!!!!!

Also, I wanted to talk about the advantages of teaching creationism in schools.

:wacko: You have brought it up in what now....five or six separate threads? This is the bane of your current existence on the huddle.

Believe me when I say it didn't bother me. You just come across as an excitable ham-handed spaz when you attempt to be funny on the innernets.

How could I not bring it up - I got 35 PM's from BP chastising me.

What the hell is ham-handed?

And seriously - I am glad that it did not bother you.

Edited by gbpfan1231

I wanted to talk about the theory of evolution and how there a gaps in this theory!!!!!

Also, I wanted to talk about the advantages of teaching creationism in schools.

Shove creationism.

As far as the scientific use of the word "theory" is concerned, look here.