[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ever been paid to NOT do something?

lennykravitz2004

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44174635/ns/...-entertainment/

GTL ... but no A and F!

Abercrombie and Fitch has a bad, bad Situation on its hands.

The clothing company (famous for its ads of nearly naked hunks) is worried that "Jersey Shore" star Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino has been wearing its wares out and about. So worried, in fact, that they're willing to pay Sorrentino, 29 — plus his "Jersey Shore" castmates — a "substantial" amount of cash to cease and desist rocking A and F gear in public.

"We are deeply concerned that Mr. Sorrentino's association with our brand could cause significant damage to our image," the company said in a press release Tuesday (via CNN).

"We understand that the show is for entertainment purposes, but believe this association is contrary to the aspirational nature of our brand, and may be distressing to many of our fans," the statement continued.

"We have therefore offered a substantial payment to Michael 'The Situation' Sorrentino and the producers of MTV's The Jersey Shore to have the character wear an alternate brand. We have also extended this offer to other members of the cast, and are urgently waiting a response."

No word yet on The Situation's response — or how "substantial" the company's offer is.

Imagine getting paid to NOT do something. Is this a smart move on the company's part? Discuss with us on The Clicker's Facebook page.

:wacko:

I thought Abercrombie marketed to doooshbags? I mean, like, you know, that is all that I see wearing Abercrombie, you know, are like, those, you know, dudes with the, you know, like, gelled metrosexual hair, orange tans, smelling of some heavily administered body spray.

My mom bought me some shorts and a shirt from Abercrombie, I can't wear them because I feel like a tool when I do (yes, more so than usual, thank you, very much...)

My Dad cracked me up a few months ago. The Situations father was suing him or something like that. I have never watched the show and either have my parents but i was at their house and my mom said that she read in the paper that snookie got arrested and my dad said "Yeah and the Institutions father is suing him"

He thought his name was the institution :wacko: