[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Back up QBs to take over?

Griffon31

I'm in a 14 team league that uses 2 QB and both of mine, Rodgers and Ryan have the same bye week. I don't want to use an early pick to get a QB for 1 week when I could get a player that will play every week. Any thoughts on a backup QB that will have a starting job by week 8? I'd say that Alex Smith won't have his job by then and either Kaepernick or McCown could have the job, any others?

I'm in a 14 team league that uses 2 QB and both of mine, Rodgers and Ryan have the same bye week. I don't want to use an early pick to get a QB for 1 week when I could get a player that will play every week. Any thoughts on a backup QB that will have a starting job by week 8? I'd say that Alex Smith won't have his job by then and either Kaepernick or McCown could have the job, any others?

Charlie Whitehurst. Tavaris Jackson is HORRIBLE and even if he isnt replaced he will be broken in half by week 8.

Charlie Whitehurst. Tavaris Jackson is HORRIBLE and even if he isnt replaced he will be broken in half by week 8.

the only problem with that is Whitehurst might be broken by then too

Vince Young maybe

Matt Moore

Great 1 + 2 QB punch you got there. Even more impressive considering it's a 14 team league. I would just kleep an eye on things rather than stash one of these backups. You could also explore some possible trades, but wouldn't downgrade your strength too much either way.

This. Worry about it when the time comes. By then, you'll have some guys that have played themselves off your roster. Maybe you'll get lucky and the dreck that you peel off the floor happens to put up a great game.

This. Worry about it when the time comes. By then, you'll have some guys that have played themselves off your roster. Maybe you'll get lucky and the dreck that you peel off the floor happens to put up a great game.

Good thoughts here. Every year I make moves too early and drop the wrong guy.

Great 1 + 2 QB punch you got there. Even more impressive considering it's a 14 team league. I would just kleep an eye on things rather than stash one of these backups. You could also explore some possible trades, but wouldn't downgrade your strength too much either way.

Took some off season moves to get those two, gave up 4 picks total but had extra's with moves I made last year. Took Henne with my 2nd 4th round pick and took a chance with Kaepernick in the 11th. With 39 QBs on rosters, everybody is looking for gold.