[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

6th Pick Discussion

CrimsonGhost

Not to thrilled i landed the dreaded 6th pick. Living in Wisconsin there is a slight chance A-rodg goes before my pick. Then i would just need Vick or Chris Johnson to go for a shot at one of the top 4 backs. After the top 4 backs this year im not thrilled with either Mendenhall or Lesean Mccoy. Im leaning towards going Wr at 6. If i don't go WR there will most def be a run at the end of round 1 and beginning of round 2 so i will be without a leet one. I believe that Calvin Johnson is the best wr in non ppr standard scoring this year. What are others doing at these middle picks? How are your teams looking.

Strategy for beginning and end of the rounds seems so easy as it is almost laid out for you. Picking middle seems so much harder with decisions and can get ugly quick.

Don't fret my friend. I have all the opinions and info you want about pick # 6. You hate it I adore it. I think its the best pick there is. Unfortunately I'm on my way to a in-person draft that's gonna take about 4 or 5 hours (shocker), but I will be your huckleberry when I return tonight or early tomorrow. I love the Misfits and fantasy football!

Don't fret my friend. I have all the opinions and info you want about pick # 6. You hate it I adore it. I think its the best pick there is. Unfortunately I'm on my way to a in-person draft that's gonna take about 4 or 5 hours (shocker), but I will be your huckleberry when I return tonight or early tomorrow. I love the Misfits and fantasy football!

Sweet. Just made me feel a million times better.

Edited by CrimsonGhost

I just completed a BOTH draft with the #6 spot and felt fairly comfortable there. Now I did end up taking CJ2K at 1.06 which is obviously risky but I like how my team ended up more or less. Here's my starting lineup in a ppr league:

QB - Vick

RB - Johnson, Blount

WR - Boldin, Holmes

TE - Gates

PK - Gostkowski

DST - TB

Flex - Lance Moore

I'm picking at 6 next week as well. Not sure why its dreaded though. I just hop someone takes CJ before he's sitting there for me otherwise I'll need a solid list of top 7

And I have no qualms about taking McCoy or Mendenhall. Its Charles and CJ that I'm less excited about

I just completed a BOTH draft with the #6 spot and felt fairly comfortable there. Now I did end up taking CJ2K at 1.06 which is obviously risky but I like how my team ended up more or less. Here's my starting lineup in a ppr league:

QB - Vick

RB - Johnson, Blount

WR - Boldin, Holmes

TE - Gates

PK - Gostkowski

DST - TB

Flex - Lance Moore

Vick went 2.07? Then Blount at 3.06???

Seems you got some solid value in each of the 1st three rounds :wacko:

I just drafted 6th in a 12 team FFPC/FPC draft...top 5 in some order were AP, Rice, Foster, Charles and McCoy...I just didn't feel like rolling the dice with CJ2K so I took White at #6...obviously I could have gone with AJ, Fitz, Megatron, Vick, Rodgers or CJ2K...but I just think White is about as safe as I could go there...just seemed a little early for Mendy for me for some reason?

Round 2 I got Hillis and in Round 3 I took Blount...Round 4 I took DJax...unfortunately I didn't print out my draft (IDIOT!!) but I think in Round 5 I took Hightower and in Round 6 got Romo...I am happy with my team (of course most of us are after we draft right?) :wacko:

KO'd

I'm gonna be stuck with the 6th pick in my big money draft on september 4th...I hate it because I really wanted Rice this year, but I'm pretty sure if Rice is gone I'm gonna pull the trigger on mendenhall in the first, either McFadden or a stud WR in the second, shoot for V-Jax in the third (my draft adp has him ranked 50th, so I'm hoping people keep their eyes on that and don't scroll down too much in the early rounds. :P) and then a rb like greene or felix jones in the 4th, unless Romo's still available. I hate this drafting spot, but I'm really hoping this plan works out...maybe I'll get lucky and people will rely on my site's stupid ADP a lot...Anquan Boldin is listed 101st overall! Mario Manningham is 110th! :wacko:

I lost out on a DST that I need to fix. But I decided to go with AJ as my first pick with #6 and feel pretty good about my team. Here is my squad:

QB: Schaub, Freeman

RB: Forte, Gore, Best, Moreno

WR: Andre Johnson, Miles Austin, Harvin, Mike Thomas

TE: Marcedes, Keller

K: Suisham, Tynes

DST: Tenn, Hou