[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shocking Colt news

BeeR

Well it's official now that they have Manning's "permission" :wacko:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8242..._headline_stack

I'm not convinced they won't screw this up by winning a few games - somehow - (Manning returning in Dec?) or Luck gets hurt bad or my favorite they decide not to draft Luck for whatever reason, eg draft some other stud or trade the pick in order to chase one more title w/Manning (and therefore battle to find a legit successor for many years to come). But basically Luck is theirs to lose. I would just like to see them win one measley game. 0-16 is a whole new level of humiliating.

Regardless if they plan to keep him or not if they pick a player #1 it'll be Luck. With the new salary restrictions it's not that big a deal to take Luck and then try to trade him.

I can't see them drafting and keeping a QB though. The most likely scenario is they trade the pick. Dear God I hope the Chiefs get it!

I can't see them drafting and keeping a QB though. The most likely scenario is they trade the pick.

Depends on knowledge only the Colts will have about Manning's long-term prognosis, plus what Manning himself intends to do. Given that he'd be coming back to a team in total disarray, will he want to risk life, limb and mobility in a cause that has no chance of a SB during the few years he would have left?

Depends on knowledge only the Colts will have about Manning's long-term prognosis, plus what Manning himself intends to do. Given that he'd be coming back to a team in total disarray, will he want to risk life, limb and mobility in a cause that has no chance of a SB during the few years he would have left?

If Manning has the chance he might want to come back to help the Colts win a few games, take Indy out of the Suck for Luck sweepstakes and guarantee that he stays in Indy as the starter. Not sure if that's crossed his mind.

Luck belongs in San Fran

Harbaugh belongs in Indy. That woulda been one sweet "homecoming" story.

If Manning has the chance he might want to come back to help the Colts win a few games, take Indy out of the Suck for Luck sweepstakes and guarantee that he stays in Indy as the starter. Not sure if that's crossed his mind.

I promise you it has not. He is the starter as long as he plays there. Also water is wet. Also he's not the kind of d-bag who would think like that. He's not perfect but wants to do what's best for the team.

Harbaugh belongs in Indy. That woulda been one sweet "homecoming" story.

I promise you it has not. He is the starter as long as he plays there. Also water is wet. Also he's not the kind of d-bag who would think like that. He's not perfect but wants to do what's best for the team.

Saw basically Manning is no Brett Favre :wacko:

Would love to see Luck pull an Eli. Sorry Colts fans, after over a decade of mediocrity in Miami, it gets my f*cking goat that you would get another Manning-esque figure for your franchise with only one season of purposeful tanking.

And let's be honest, that's what Indy's doing. Tanking the f*ck out of this season for Luck.

Would love to see Luck pull an Eli. Sorry Colts fans, after over a decade of mediocrity in Miami, it gets my f*cking goat that you would get another Manning-esque figure for your franchise with only one season of purposeful tanking.

And let's be honest, that's what Indy's doing. Tanking the f*ck out of this season for Luck.

:wacko:

The Colts franchise always plays it safe. Why go undefeated in a season? Let's hide our glass players on the bench until the playoffs. Now they are tanking the season to try and land a star. When you're almost dead last in offense and defense, what else is there to say?

f*ck for Luck? :wacko:

The Colts franchise always plays it safe. Why go undefeated in a season? Let's hide our glass players on the bench until the playoffs. Now they are tanking the season to try and land a star. When you're almost dead last in offense and defense, what else is there to say?

Their defense always blew, but they had Manning there to score 30-40 points every week to bail them out. The league should retroactively give Manning the MVP for the 2005-2007 seasons, and 2010. Maybe this season too, since him being out means they can get Luck.

Agreed. Although, to be honest, I'm not too confident that the FO wouldn't find some way to screw things up.