[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Upon Further Review

Scooby's Hubby

Every week the Projections project J. Finley and A. Hernandez to both get less than 50 yards and never a TD, but the Start Bench always has them as a S1 and S2, respectively. I have put this in the comments of the Upon Further Review before but never get an explination. This happened again this week. Why is there always an unexplained difference when evaluating these two players? and why is this missed when evaluating Upon Further Review (does the TE position have something to do with this)?

We've been doing literally every name that gets mentioned more than once. On an average week, we get about 20 names and only 3 or 4 are mentioned more than once and about half are really just a start / sit question disguised as a UFR name.

50 yards from a TE is certainly "S2" like. There were only ten TE's that had 50 or more yards last week so in that 50 yards is more S1 since there are ten front line starters in every league. There were only 8 TEs with 50 yards in week 9. Ten in week 8 and just 7 in week 7.

I don't see what the unexplained difference is? In a league of ten teams, any TE with 50 yards would be a must start.

I predicted TDs for Finley in weeks 1,2,4,5 and 9 and I have projected him for 30 yards in each of the last three games. He actually does have 5 TDs though he got 3 in week 3, and one each in week 7 and 9. He's also been little used since week five, recording just one game over three catches.

I predicted TDs for Hernandez for weeks 6, 8, 9 and 10. He's been a tougher one too because he got hurt and he too has been much less used in the last month than Gronkowski. He actually had TDs in weeks 1,2,6,8 and 9. But since week six, he has not had more than 41 yards in any game.

The problem with those two are that they both are being used much less than the past but both have big game potential. As shown both should be a starter every week because there are not likely ten or 12 better options in any given week. Compared to each other, it is about a coin flip this year.

We've been doing literally every name that gets mentioned more than once. On an average week, we get about 20 names and only 3 or 4 are mentioned more than once and about half are really just a start / sit question disguised as a UFR name.

50 yards from a TE is certainly "S2" like. There were only ten TE's that had 50 or more yards last week so in that 50 yards is more S1 since there are ten front line starters in every league. There were only 8 TEs with 50 yards in week 9. Ten in week 8 and just 7 in week 7.

I don't see what the unexplained difference is? In a league of ten teams, any TE with 50 yards would be a must start.

I predicted TDs for Finley in weeks 1,2,4,5 and 9 and I have projected him for 30 yards in each of the last three games. He actually does have 5 TDs though he got 3 in week 3, and one each in week 7 and 9. He's also been little used since week five, recording just one game over three catches.

I predicted TDs for Hernandez for weeks 6, 8, 9 and 10. He's been a tougher one too because he got hurt and he too has been much less used in the last month than Gronkowski. He actually had TDs in weeks 1,2,6,8 and 9. But since week six, he has not had more than 41 yards in any game.

The problem with those two are that they both are being used much less than the past but both have big game potential. As shown both should be a starter every week because there are not likely ten or 12 better options in any given week. Compared to each other, it is about a coin flip this year.

Thanks for that info, I think many wondered about the number of players suggested for review and how you decide who to review. I figured that there may be valid players to be reviewed but time may not allow for it.

so an S2 at TE is a 40 yard game? and 50+ is S1? maybe that is where I have been off because I assume an S1 is a S1 regardless of position being that many have flex position that include TE, WR and RB.

not trying to whine, I guess my question should be about the correlation between the Projections and the Start/Bench list and if the positions are the same in the Start/Bench. Yards are Yards so the Projections cover all positions equally. I assumed the Start/Bench list did the same. :wacko: