[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Julio Jones?

dsagen

Again, I'm sorry you didn't have better options this week, but with the ambiguity surrounding Julio this week, if you did then you would have been smart to start them.... I suspect we'd all be more pissed if Smith had given him a large workload and he reinjured the hammy...

well.... that was kind of my problem this week. i had other options, but like jj's talent when healthy. all reports stated he was healthy and good to go. i feel a little shannied. i need to go shower and sulk for a while. maybe listen to a little smiths and depeche mode or something.

But its no different than Andre Johnson, you have to play the guy upon a return. Thats how i feel...even if you dont want too nor the sign says too, you gotta do it because they are stars.

If Maclin was a go, or if Denarius Moore wasnt hurt...those were the two options i had in line to play but they didnt play. Julio came back from injury to blow it up, that alone right there is reason enough to start him....least in my eyes thats reason enough.

Edit: Btw guys...i understand fully it takes time to get things ramped back up. But were talking...one or two catches....that is all i think most of us who played him wanted, 4-5 points would of been more than acceptable in my eyes since i knew he was returning.

I could see if im sitting here mad that he didnt get 120 and 2 TDs, im mad that there wasnt even a catch...every point counts.

good WRs get shutout at times...even when not returning from injury...it just happens

But its no different than Andre Johnson, you have to play the guy upon a return. Thats how i feel...even if you dont want too nor the sign says too, you gotta do it because they are stars.

If Maclin was a go, or if Denarius Moore wasnt hurt...those were the two options i had in line to play but they didnt play. Julio came back from injury to blow it up, that alone right there is reason enough to start him....least in my eyes thats reason enough.

Edit: Btw guys...i understand fully it takes time to get things ramped back up. But were talking...one or two catches....that is all i think most of us who played him wanted, 4-5 points would of been more than acceptable in my eyes since i knew he was returning.

I could see if im sitting here mad that he didnt get 120 and 2 TDs, im mad that there wasnt even a catch...every point counts.

Funny you mention Andre, because in a must-win game this week, I will most likely lose because of Fred Jackson being out for the season and him doing nothing yesterday... Yes, it's annoying and frankly upsetting, but FF is a game where ultimately a little good or bad luck is usually the difference...

But if you had asked me before the game, I would have told you that Julio was a very risky start this week. The Falcons have enough weapons to take care of the Vikes without risking reinjury. I don't think you can look at how he did coming back from the first injury, when he's been sidelined for the second time with the same injury....

Well imho, there are many ways to look at it...but ultimately im playing fantasy football and when all the fantasy sites feel that a 2 week rest period was great for Julio and that things are a go, and youre other options arent options with Maclin being out for instance...its disappointing to not even see one catch.

Debate that all ya want, in the world of fantasy, its lame.

That's pretty much part of playing fantasy football (or any sport) really. If you've been playing for long this stuff really shouldn't bother you that much. Every player is a risk for many reasons.

Lost it for me this week, thought he was ok and saw him on the field for the first few minutes and then nothing. What happen? If he would have caught one pass I would have won this week....JEEEZZZZ

Well, if you'd read the thread instead of asking the identical question that was just answered:

1) He was on the field for a number of plays, but was obviously being eased back in and used as a decoy, instead of risking reinjury in a game the Falcons could win without him. However, he was targeted on a deep ball that he could have caught, but he got called for pushing off and couldn't nab it.

2) Coaches don't care about your fantasy team. They care about winning games and keeping guys healthy for a playoff push.

3) All WRs lay an egg every now and then, even when fully healthy.

4) Hammy injuries tend to linger or get reaggravated, and this is his second injury to both his hammies this year (a sign of poor conditioning during the lockout). They were wise to not push him when they didn't need him for more than a decoy.

5) All this made him a risky start, unless you had no better options

Hope that saved you 5 minutes of reading. You're welcome. :wacko:

Edited by delusions of granduer