[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you could go back in time and change 1 thing.....

tazinib1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya think the death of one man that might bring peace into the world we live in now, saving untold thousands, perhaps millions of lives would make Lennon upset? I'm not so sure. Islam was born at the end of a sword. How many thousands have been killed in the name of Allah? You name the hot spot... Somalia, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, the pacific rim countries... how many people are being killed, tortured, mutilated (female castration), stoned for infidelity (only the women of course) and starved to death in the name of a religion? That's exactly what Lennon was writing about. Wars and death based on religious beliefs. Pointless and crazed. The Christians BTW were nearly equally stupid when the went on the crusades. I'm weighing the scale on how many deaths can be chalked up to religious beliefs.

OK, so maybe I wouldn't have to murder him. Kidnapping might have worked just as well. Understand also that murder would sentence me to damnation based on my beliefs. I'd be willing to do that despite the fact.

I think Steve from 1050 AD might have been a kinder, gentler Ayatolla. :wacko:

I think my point was that Lennon, in that song, asks us to imagine a world without religion. It would seem that you're wishing it was a world without one specific religion.

I think my point was that Lennon, in that song, asks us to imagine a world without religion. It would seem that you're wishing it was a world without one specific religion.

That is true. While many "religous wars" have been fought and many injustices committed, I think Islam has by far and away cost the most lives and caused the most suffering and deaths of innocent people. So, the question was what would I change if I could, right? I'd save as many people from pain and suffering as I could given the parameters of the question.

I don't believe religion is inherently bad, as Lennon seemed to have suggested it to be. It's when it gets twisted to a point where "holy wars", torture, mutilation and murder is practiced by it's practitioners. Hitler would also be a consideration of mine, but his influence was short and no longer has much affect on the world. Islam continues to be a source of mayhem, as it has been for centuries, right from the beginning.

If the goal was to make the world a more peaceful, better place.... yeah, I think the world would be far better off if Islam did not exist. That was how I answered the hypothetical. Simple enough, really.

That is true. While many "religous wars" have been fought and many injustices committed, I think Islam has by far and away cost the most lives and caused the most suffering and deaths of innocent people. So, the question was what would I change if I could, right? I'd save as many people from pain and suffering as I could given the parameters of the question.

I don't believe religion is inherently bad, as Lennon seemed to have suggested it to be. It's when it gets twisted to a point where "holy wars", torture, mutilation and murder is practiced by it's practitioners. Hitler would also be a consideration of mine, but his influence was short and no longer has much affect on the world. Islam continues to be a source of mayhem, as it has been for centuries, right from the beginning.

If the goal was to make the world a more peaceful, better place.... yeah, I think the world would be far better off if Islam did not exist. That was how I answered the hypothetical. Simple enough, really.

What about the Aztecs? 20k per day on an average basis.

Like Hitler, their legacy doesn't continue to affect mankind. I mean you could name any number of shorter lived blights on mankind... from the Mongols to the Vandals... most are relatively short lived, unlike Islam. No religion has killed so many in ther name of a god in both numbers and longevity. I am grateful for this new fatwah, or whatever it is. Muslim women are not supposed to handle cucumbers now. I'm pretty sure that will make the world a better place to live in. :wacko:

7,300,000 a year. I don't believe there were that many people in all of the Americas before the White man arrived bringing the gifts of Catholocism and small pox.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

Like Hitler, their legacy doesn't continue to affect mankind. I mean you could name any number of shorter lived blights on mankind... from the Mongols to the Vandals... most are relatively short lived, unlike Islam. No religion has killed so many in ther name of a god in both numbers and longevity. I am grateful for this new fatwah, or whatever it is. Muslim women are not supposed to handle cucumbers now. I'm pretty sure that will make the world a better place to live in. :wacko:

Does the Fatwah cover taters and carrots and bananas as well. or just cucumbers?

Muslims, For the men no nukes, for the women no cukes.

7,300,000 a year. I don't believe there were that many people in all of the Americas before the White man arrived bring the gifts of Catholocism and small pox.

This.

The Aztecs are thought to have killed 20,000 in a single day of sacrifice but it certainly wasn't a daily event.

7,300,000 a year. I don't believe there were that many people in all of the Americas before the White man arrived bringing the gifts of Catholocism and small pox.

I'm a believer. Now....go find me a person so I can gouge there heart out, then chop there head off as I watch it flop down my flight of stairs.

I'm a believer. Now....go find me a person so I can gouge there heart out, then chop there head off as I watch it flop down my flight of stairs.

Would the person have to be male or female? Would it have to be a virgin? Frankly I find the use of female virgins in this manner to be very wasteful.