[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Morality

godtomsatan

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should point out that I've long believed sexual shenanigans to be irrelevant to political performance. I don't care where Newt puts his willy. I do think his hotheadedness would be an extreme liability as president though.

Yeah, but isn't rather annoying that the party of family values overlooks or outright excuses this crap, while chasing around about how gays are going to f up marriage?

Yeah, my cousin and her partner (among several other long-term same-sex couples my wife and I are friends with), together over 20 yrs with 2 kids, shouldn't get married, but Limbaugh/Gingrich's shenanigans are A-OK.

We only get one chance at life on this earth....it is entirely up to ourselves to make the choices we feel will bring us happiness and fulfilment. People will judge you every day of your life for almost every decision you will make...it's up to us on how we choose to react to judgement. My thought is that people are entirely selfish and will do whatever it takes to better their situation...and if that means divorcing your sick spouse because you feel it will better your life, then who are we to say that is immoral? I don't think that would be the decision I would make, but I have to realize that it's possible for others to feel that way.

Morality is an entirely subjective concept.

I completely Disagree ...and i think part of the problem with society today world wide is the exact thinking that Morality is subjective ... There is Right and their is wrong ... The concept that Morality is subjective would basically give anyone the right to do what they want as long as they think its ok ... stealing ? no problem as i needed it so its ok ...adultery ? nothing wrong with that since i have one life and i want to have as much fun as possible

etc , etc ...we as a human race should be more concerned with being selfless instead of selfish imho ..,. for me personally , I want my moral compass to be pointed to the right direction and pointed in God's direction

Yeah, but isn't rather annoying that the party of family values overlooks or outright excuses this crap, while chasing around about how gays are going to f up marriage?

Completely agree. That's not "immorality", that's hypocrisy, an entirely different question. There I definitely DO have an issue with Gingrich (and any other "family values" politician caught with his willy out).

Yeah, my cousin and her partner (among several other long-term same-sex couples my wife and I are friends with), together over 20 yrs with 2 kids, shouldn't get married, but Limbaugh/Gingrich's shenanigans are A-OK.

This.

Newt can do what he wants in his marriages. That's between him and whomever he's married to. I don't give a rat's ass until he opens his mouth and talks about who he thinks should and shouldn't be allowed to marry. That's when the gloves come off and I think his abject failures as a husband should be thrown back in his face.

This.

Newt can do what he wants in his marriages. That's between him and whomever he's married to. I don't give a rat's ass until he opens his mouth and talks about who he thinks should and shouldn't be allowed to marry. That's when the gloves come off and I think his abject failures as a husband should be thrown back in his face.

sometimes marriages don't work. kills me that a lot of christian religions are so against divorce. sometimes people make stupid decisions when they are younger. sometimes people change. whatever the case, sometimes there comes a time when things just can't (or aren't) worth being fixed. At that point, it does not do anyone any good staying in a loveless marriage. but that doesn't mean you cheat.

there should be no greater trust or loyalty than that between spouces. if you are willing to lie, betray and humiliate your spouce, what more would be you be willing to lie about and betray for your own personal satisfaction.

Edited by Duchess Jack

Bringing up hypocrisy on one side of the political spectrum is asinine. For every hypocritical thing the right does you can counter with a hypocritical thing done by someone on the left and that little game could go on forever.

Bringing up hypocrisy on one side of the political spectrum is asinine. For every hypocritical thing the right does you can counter with a hypocritical thing done by someone on the left and that little game could go on forever.

This.

Gingrich is a formidable foe to Obama on policy and while we are going to hear about Gingrich and his exploits with women when he was younger from the left and the associations of Obama with Ayers and his housing deal calling his credibility into question on the right, if Gingrich goes on and wins the nomination, ultimately the discussion and the outcome will be on policy. He is a Grandfather and has both his family's and wife's support and has effectively answered the question without throwing the ex under the bus that tried so hard to derail him. He does owe CNN a big thank you for the question as he got a standing ovation for effectively pointing out the ridiculousness when the country has far bigger issues than his failed marriage 12 some years ago. The smartest thing he did was play the Grandfather card and get his children to come forward while asking for forgiveness for his past affairs.

It is interesting that Gingrich carried all measurable categories with exception of the youth that went with Paul. The Paul vote shows Obama is going to have trouble with this particular voting block in the fall it seems.

What is terrifying to those on the left is regardless of his personal exploits, he is the only one in the game that can take credit for actually balancing the budget (4 times) as he accomplished this as the leader back in the day. That is the message that is carrying the day and his ability to communicate clearly under intense pressure is the key reason in my view he slaughtered the field in a very conservative state.

Morality is a judgement call and it appears people understand it takes two to make a marriage work and given the divorce rates are around 50% this will not be a big issue for him even with the evangelicals or independents. The fact he owns it and goes in head first to openly discuss his past seems to be giving him the shield to overcome the issue.

Time will tell.

This.

Gingrich is a formidable foe to Obama on policy and while we are going to hear about Gingrich and his exploits with women when he was younger from the left and the associations of Obama with Ayers and his housing deal calling his credibility into question on the right, if Gingrich goes on and wins the nomination, ultimately the discussion and the outcome will be on policy. He is a Grandfather and has both his family's and wife's support and has effectively answered the question without throwing the ex under the bus that tried so hard to derail him. He does owe CNN a big thank you for the question as he got a standing ovation for effectively pointing out the ridiculousness when the country has far bigger issues than his failed marriage 12 some years ago. The smartest thing he did was play the Grandfather card and get his children to come forward while asking for forgiveness for his past affairs.

It is interesting that Gingrich carried all measurable categories with exception of the youth that went with Paul. The Paul vote shows Obama is going to have trouble with this particular voting block in the fall it seems.

What is terrifying to those on the left is regardless of his personal exploits, he is the only one in the game that can take credit for actually balancing the budget (4 times) as he accomplished this as the leader back in the day. That is the message that is carrying the day and his ability to communicate clearly under intense pressure is the key reason in my view he slaughtered the field in a very conservative state.

Morality is a judgement call and it appears people understand it takes two to make a marriage work and given the divorce rates are around 50% this will not be a big issue for him even with the evangelicals or independents. The fact he owns it and goes in head first to openly discuss his past seems to be giving him the shield to overcome the issue.

Time will tell.

What is really terrifying is that if Gingrich wins we have Gingrich as Prez

What is really terrifying is that if Romney wins we have Romney as Prez

What is really terrifying is that if Gingrich or Romney lose we have Obama as Prez

I completely Disagree ...and i think part of the problem with society today world wide is the exact thinking that Morality is subjective ... There is Right and their is wrong ... The concept that Morality is subjective would basically give anyone the right to do what they want as long as they think its ok ... stealing ? no problem as i needed it so its ok ...adultery ? nothing wrong with that since i have one life and i want to have as much fun as possible

etc , etc ...we as a human race should be more concerned with being selfless instead of selfish imho ..,. for me personally , I want my moral compass to be pointed to the right direction and pointed in God's direction

That's why we put laws in place to punish people who steal. To discourage it, because that behavior breaks down civilization and leads to the kind of society that will ultimately fail. There is no law (in America) against adultery, but there sure are enough lawyers around who will make a cheating spouse pay dearly.

Anyone DOES have the right to do whatever they feel they want, but are they willing to pay the consequences? The continuation of the human species is what deep down drives behavior.

What is asinine is not calling anyone on being a hypocrite. Feel free to call out anyone on the left. If they're truly being a hypocrite, they should take heat. What we shouldn't do is just shrug our shoulders and ignore it.

Assuming you are correct. Assuming every candidate is a hypocrite in some fashion. Rather than just assuming they all cancel each other out, wouldn't it be wise to determine to what degree they are? And in what capacity?

In football, offsetting penalties don't have to be equal to cancel each other out. This isn't football.

Not saying that Newt's deal here is any worse than whatever you want to point out about Obama. Just saying that we shouldn't just ignore it when one or the other is caught in this manner and assume it's going to be canceled out by a similar indiscretion on the other side of the isle.

Not saying that Newt's deal here is any worse than whatever you want to point out about Obama.

I'd like to know what example is going to be trundled out to match Gingrich's spouting of family values when he obviously has ignored same himself.

We can call this game "Matching Hypocrisies". It's their turn.

But it is subjective.

Someone thinks that homosexuality is a sin. I think it is a sin to tell two people who love each other that they're not allowed to or that they should be made to feel that their bond is below that of the kind a man and woman feel.

There you go. IMO, if there is a god, that god is going to punish any a-hole who has willingly discriminated against these people, because doing so is immoral and wrong, IMO. Meanwhile, those same people think they're doing the work of god by punishing the heathens.

There's more than one god, more than one code, and the sooner people start realizing that and simply trying to find some common ground so we can all get along, the better.

What is asinine is not calling anyone on being a hypocrite. Feel free to call out anyone on the left. If they're truly being a hypocrite, they should take heat. What we shouldn't do is just shrug our shoulders and ignore it.

Assuming you are correct. Assuming every candidate is a hypocrite in some fashion. Rather than just assuming they all cancel each other out, wouldn't it be wise to determine to what degree they are? And in what capacity?

In football, offsetting penalties don't have to be equal to cancel each other out. This isn't football.

Not saying that Newt's deal here is any worse than whatever you want to point out about Obama. Just saying that we shouldn't just ignore it when one or the other is caught in this manner and assume it's going to be canceled out by a similar indiscretion on the other side of the isle.

I was not bringing it up to be specific of Newt vs Obama - I was making a generalization that both parties are full of hypocrisy - I took the Chavez post to be talking in general that the right is a bunch of hypocrites - maybe his post was specific to this ONE thing - if it was then I am OK with that but it sounded to be a bit general.

Edited by gbpfan1231

That's why we put laws in place to punish people who steal. To discourage it, because that behavior breaks down civilization and leads to the kind of society that will ultimately fail. There is no law (in America) against adultery, but there sure are enough lawyers around who will make a cheating spouse pay dearly.

Anyone DOES have the right to do whatever they feel they want, but are they willing to pay the consequences? The continuation of the human species is what deep down drives behavior.

I disagree again especially with this The continuation of the human species is what deep down drives behavior.

for me personally and many , many others i know behavior is driven by morality , faith and relationship + belief in the Lord .

and there is a big difference between morality and the law .... it does not mean if you dont break the law that your action is still right or justifiable

I can burn the american flag in my front yard ...i am not breaking the law but is it right . Morally correct ? no i dont think so

Believe morality should be the driving force on how people live and not just if they obey laws or not

:wacko:

But it is subjective.

Someone thinks that homosexuality is a sin. I think it is a sin to tell two people who love each other that they're not allowed to or that they should be made to feel that their bond is below that of the kind a man and woman feel.

There you go. IMO, if there is a god, that god is going to punish any a-hole who has willingly discriminated against these people, because doing so is immoral and wrong, IMO. Meanwhile, those same people think they're doing the work of god by punishing the heathens.

There's more than one god, more than one code, and the sooner people start realizing that and simply trying to find some common ground so we can all get along, the better.

More than one God ? no offense but dont think i can answer back with much if you believe this

I will say that Morality is based on love and respect ...trule love and true respect ...so in your example , I may not agree with homosexuality but i wont condemn homesexuals nor judge them for sure . I will respect them as human beings created same as me by 1 God ( my belief is there is only 1 God )