[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Super Bowl Gambling Thread

Square

Most of the Huddlers who have been around for awhile remember Steeltown Dre would have a weekly gambling thread during the NFL season. He doesn't get to hang out here as much as he used to because he's all grows up'd to his own website where he sells his analysis to the gambling public. The guy knows his chit and the winning statistics on his site are impressive. The site goes by Sharp Football Analysis and I'm sure you can google it if you want to purchase the entire enchilada of prop bets. Anyway, Dre has provided some of his work for free to Huddlers since he used to spend a lot of time here and he is a nice guy. I had to splice it up a bit to get it readable and be able to provide links to the Huddle brethren but here you go. Thanks goes to Steeltown Dre / Sharp for hooking us all up with his info. I'd suggest his site to anybody putting serious money down on weekly NFL games.

:wacko:

Most of the Huddlers who have been around for awhile remember Steeltown Dre would have a weekly gambling thread during the NFL season. He doesn't get to hang out here as much as he used to because he's all grows up'd to his own website where he sells his analysis to the gambling public. The guy knows his chit and the winning statistics on his site are impressive. The site goes by Sharp Football Analysis and I'm sure you can google it if you want to purchase the entire enchilada of prop bets. Anyway, Dre has provided some of his work for free to Huddlers since he used to spend a lot of time here and he is a nice guy. I had to splice it up a bit to get it readable and be able to provide links to the Huddle brethren but here you go. Thanks goes to Steeltown Dre / Sharp for hooking us all up with his info. I'd suggest his site to anybody putting serious money down on weekly NFL games.

:wacko:

Dre is Sharp? For real? That is crazy! I've actually been to that website previously via a sports betting message board.

Two things:

#1, I liked Dre's writeups a lot. Very well thought out and very well analyzed. If not over-thought out and over-analyzed. We did some off-board chatting as well. Interesting guy, and deeply involved in the process of selecting games. He knows his football and can break down a game statistically. He does have an issue with brevity.

#2: There's something inherently wrong with people who pedal their wares to other people when it comes to sports betting.

I don't want to come across as bashing the guy, because I did like his writing, but since you're pimping his wares by giving a little freebie plug, I'm adding the dose of realism to the thread. His statistics aren't that impressive. The 89% number from 2005 looks great. The 62% number over the last six years looks awesome. The fact his "system" picks are 15-14 on the year with 9 losing weeks in 2011 does not look that good.

I love gambling on sports. Especially football. If I could spend my days between August and early February crunching numbers, reading news links, looking at box scores and injury reports, and watching the lines bounce around the tote boards, and throwing my money down to see it come back in double form on a regular enough basis to eat, drink, clothe and shelter myself, I would do it in a heartbeat. No question.

The fact of the matter is that there's no amount of information, research, and analysis that can go into doing something like this on a completely regular basis that would allow an individual to prosper and live comfortably. That's why people who do a lot of research and analysis of available information sell off their opinions to people too lazy to draw their own conclusions, because the gambling part of it which they claim to be so good at is way too risky and not that profitable long-term.

So, in conclusion. Read what has been offered here. Definitely good thorough analysis. Don't fall for throwing coin to a guy with an opinion though.

Meh, he puts in work and honestly records the track record for his success, I think it's as good as anybody can ask for. Football has some weird years. I don't really remember any other year that he had 9 losing weeks. IMO, they are just trying to maximize their personnel income by selling info which I don't really see as a negative thing. Just proves that sports gambling is tough, but people do it anyway.

Besides, we are on a site that basically does the same thing for FF. It's not like it doesn't make sense that people from here wouldn't be interested in someone doing the heavy lifting of researching picks. :wacko:

Edited by Square

Meh, he puts in work and honestly records the track record for his success, I think it's as good as anybody can ask for. Football has some weird years. I don't really remember any other year that he had 9 losing weeks. IMO, they are just trying to maximize their personnel income by selling info which I don't really see as a negative thing. Just proves that sports gambling is tough, but people do it anyway.

If it's as good as anybody can ask for, why are his "personal picks" better than his "system picks"? Why are his "computer program" picks dwindling from 89% to 66% to 60% to 57% to 52% over the years he has listed?

Sports gambling IS tough, selling touts to people who don't realize this is one way to offset the risks.

Besides, we are on a site that basically does the same thing for FF. It's not like it doesn't make sense that people from here wouldn't be interested in someone doing the heavy lifting of researching picks. :wacko:

When they start charging $40 a week for their information, then it's legitimate to make the comparison from what this site does to what that site does.

Edited by godtomsatan

When they start charging $40 a week for their information, then it's legitimate to make the comparison from what this site does to what that site does.

Well, it would seem that the comparison is legitimate, you just disagree with the amount that is charged. :wacko: I glanced at his site and it's more like $29 per week which doesn't sound like much for people that are actually throwing serious money at NFL games weekly.

Regardless, I just find myself usually without a team to personally cheer for in the Super Bowl most times. So with FF gone, I typically throw a little money at the SB (I'm far too cheap to gamble normally). I have to ask Sharp for this so he isn't really trying to peddle his stuff and it wasn't his idea to post it here. I think he is just being a nice guy but I don't regret saying that he is worth checking out if you gamble often. Whether the value is there for people or not, is up to them. I just appreciate his research and will use this to keep the SB interesting. Hopefully we can all get some extra $$ since we don't get more football for six months.

i agree with both square and GTS

Dre did have good analysis and i did enjoy the read that was linked but GTS is right when he wrote "The fact of the matter is that there's no amount of information, research, and analysis that can go into doing something like this on a completely regular basis that would allow an individual to prosper and live comfortably"

Well, it would seem that the comparison is legitimate, you just disagree with the amount that is charged. :wacko: I glanced at his site and it's more like $29 per week which doesn't sound like much for people that are actually throwing serious money at NFL games weekly.

It doesn't sound like much when you put it on your credit card, but when you flush it down the toilet it clogs the pipes, right?

Regardless, I just find myself usually without a team to personally cheer for in the Super Bowl most times. So with FF gone, I typically throw a little money at the SB (I'm far too cheap to gamble normally). I have to ask Sharp for this so he isn't really trying to peddle his stuff and it wasn't his idea to post it here. I think he is just being a nice guy but I don't regret saying that he is worth checking out if you gamble often. Whether the value is there for people or not, is up to them. I just appreciate his research and will use this to keep the SB interesting. Hopefully we can all get some extra $$ since we don't get more football for six months.

I'm all for gambling on the Super Bowl or any football game, especially if you have no rooting interest, but you did pimp his site, and you did speak glowingly about his record in your original post.

So, yes, he's being nice by providing this, but it's not "worth" paying for his advice if you gamble often. In fact, you'd have lost money if you followed his selections over the course of the year. :tup:

Whatever, anyone can PM me and send me $2, and I'll let them know how I feel about the Super Bowl. Free hint: Madonna boob.

Dre was a good guy and I don't mean to bash him either but I followed his picks very closely when he used to post on the huddle. I also paid for some of his picks shortly after he started his site.

Anyway, his capping is one of the reasons that I gamble with the strategy that I use today which is pretty simple, I base my picks on situations, injuries, human emotion and lastly very short term trends.

Dre's picks however are based almost entirely on trends (long term trends) and 'computer system plays" He'll throw tons and tons of stats at you to support a pick but what he rarely mentions are current situations or how human emotion may affect the game.

EX: a west coast team is traveling to the east coast and playing on short rest (a recipe for disaster) or better yet… V. Young is getting the start (I don’t remember the exact Eagle game) but I mention that bet because Young started for the first time for an injured Vick and everyone told me I was crazy to take Philly without Vick playing. However, Young starting was the ONLY reason I played and won that bet (I would not have wagered on that game if Vick was starting) I felt human emotion would dictate that because Vick was out that the other impact players on Philly would feel they needed to step up and play even harder to help overcome the Vick injury AND also that Young would have something to prove. Absolutely no stats were considered with that play... the bet was made strictly based on situation and emotion.

Thanks again in part to Dre I have learned to keep my memory very short when mulling over my options, not to look too deep into stats or trends and absolutely never to follow somebodys “system play”.

Edited by Tally