[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Question about the Koran burning in Afghanistan

Savage Beatings

Can you imagine an occupying force of Muslim soldiers burning Bibles in Kentucky? Between the burning of the Korans and the urinating on the bodies of dead combatants, I think we might be veering off course a bit from our mission statement. If we're trying to tell the everyday Afghan that there's a better way than the Taliban regime, we might be losing that argument more and more. I think it's time to move on and get out of that sh*t hole of a country.

• Like 1

Sorry Taz...the fact that I did not serve means nothing here. I must have missed where that gives you some special right. I appreciate that you did, but since I did not does not mean that I can not have pride in this country. Frankly, you demean your own honor with ridiculous comments like that. For Christ's sake...your beloved Obamer did not "serve". So I guess he should not be allowed to have an opinion.

They also serve who only stand and wait pontificate.

Sorry Taz...the fact that I did not serve means nothing here. I must have missed where that gives you some special right. I appreciate that you did, but since I did not does not mean that I can not have pride in this country. Frankly, you demean your own honor with ridiculous comments like that. For Christ's sake...your beloved Obamer did not "serve". So I guess he should not be allowed to have an opinion.

When have I ever said I am an Obama lover? In fact, when have I ever said I am a demmo or repuke? I'm neither..and will never be.

And demeaning my own honor??? :wacko: I don't think so.

Edited by tazinib1

:wacko: Well, this thread has been lovely... thank you all for participating. I really just wanted to know how and why the story got out to begin with. And that question was answered right away.

As to the war in general, I think it's been a long time now since we've had any kind of clear objective in Afghanistan. I would be more than happy to stop sending our boys to die there for no apparant reason. That's one thing that I hope Obama at least starts before he leaves office at the end of the year, because I'm not confident that the new Republican President will have the courage to bring the troops home at the risk of it looking like accepting a loss in the war.

:wacko: Well, this thread has been lovely... thank you all for participating. I really just wanted to know how and why the story got out to begin with. And that question was answered right away.

As to the war in general, I think it's been a long time now since we've had any kind of clear objective in Afghanistan. I would be more than happy to stop sending our boys to die there for no apparant reason. That's one thing that I hope Obama at least starts before he leaves office at the end of the year, because I'm not confident that the new Republican President will have the courage to bring the troops home at the risk of it looking like accepting a loss in the war.

Afghanistan is home to the last untapped natural resource gold mine in the world. That's why we are their....no other reason.

It was...and it has been taken completely out of proportion by the scumbag muslims that look for any excuse to hurt Americans. Of course our muslim scumbag president apologized for the burning of these books while we have US soldiers dying because of the incident. Disgusting.

I think an apology was demanded and by apologizing he wasn't saying that the American's getting killed was 'okay'

Option 1: He apologizes for the burning. Hopefully less people get killed.

Option 2: He says 'the hell with it' and doesn't try to keep additional American's from getting killed on account of that.

I 'guess' the second option allows somebody to keep their inflated pride, but at what cost?