[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best handgun for the tacos

nuke'em ttg

Probably the best a person can do is go to the range and try handling/shooting a few different models until they find something they're comfortable with. My $0.02

This is the best piece of advice in this thread.

so i join a range in town and ask people if i can shoot there guns, they're cool with that??agree a test drive is needed

You could do that.

Find a gun store that rent guns (I've never been in one that doesn't.) Spend a couple of afternoons at the range going through different manufacturers and calibers. You'll find a good combination for you.

I wouldn't worry about the 45 vs. 40 vs. 9 mm thing. It just gives gun people something to talk and write about. The correct ammunition is the thing.

so i join a range in town and ask people if i can shoot there guns, they're cool with that??agree a test drive is needed

you may not need to fire a whole bunch of different guns. they'll let you handle different guns in the shop, and I dunno maybe even let you test out the action with a snap cap. you can probably narrow it down from there and then maybe rent one or two if you're on the fence. :shrug:

Good advice has been given all around. The best bet is what was said about the range. Most, if not all, indoor ranges have many models for rent. Try different flavors. I'm partial to the 1911 .45 (but I consider Jesus and John Moses Browning to be like persons 2 and 2a, after God himself of course...) Anyway, I've tried to like a Glock, but the only one I ever liked shooting was the model 36 single-stack .45 that was mentioned above. Really, shot placement is the key. So pick one that fits your hand, in a calibre you can handle firing regularly, and practice, practice, practice. Oh, and I wouldn't really go smaller than 9mm. YMMV.

• 1 month later...

:rofl:

I'll have to add 1911 snob to my list. So here goes:

1. Wine snob

2. The Huddle's No. 1 Misogynist

3. 1911 Snob

Feel free to add anything I forgot.