[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Forte- Stock rising?

notamomo

I was surprised to see The Huddle's rest of season ranking of Forte at RB#27. That makes him a high end RB3. He's practicing again and might even play this week. #27 seems way low. Is it just the injury or other factors? Bush stepping in? CHI not looking so great?

I'm looking at a possible trade for Forte and think he might be a late season difference maker. I just can't figure out the Rest of Season raking rationale, So I'm not sure he's worth trading for.

What do you think of Forte for the rest of the year?

I think it may just be the injury and a common thing for ROS ranking when a player is injured and hasn't returned to full duty. I'd expect him to move back up when he is back.

Or it could be they think he and Bush split touches more going forward.

Would be good to hear the Huddle's rationale on this.

Like others I also use the ROS for long term value when making trades or other roster moves. (Is defense X better than what I have now? Sure they've scored better so far, and have a few nice matchups coming, but overall for the rest of the season are they better.) I kind of treat it like a player ranking for "if you were drafting now for the rest of the season."

Probably has to do with Bush scorching that hellacious Rams' run D for 55 yds on 18 carries.

ETA - this might be a little unfair, since Bush apparently got whacked pretty good in the first half vs STL, which I was unaware of. I just saw that he has 18 carries, including just 4 in the 2nd half, and assumed that was due to his being ineffective rather than getting lit up and possibly playing hurt. Doesn't change my opinion below though.

Edited by Bronco Billy

As to my opinion on Forte the rest of the year? I thought pre-injury he was a solid low end FF RB1, and I still think he is. I don't think Bush takes any more work from Forte than he did in week 1, and he sure didn't show he was near Forte's ability when he got the chance to be CHI's RB1 - especially last week when CHI was holding a good lead for a prolonged period in a low scoring game.